Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

PeterWeller posted:

He's gonna kill a king the exact same way he killed a dragon. It won't technically be a king, just some hereditary monarch at the head of some feudal system.

Or it was a real king, but it was an accident. Or it was the wrong king, he killed the good one by mistake. Or any other zinger you can think of.

Which is what I thought I was getting after the first thirty pages or so of NotW: a gently caress-up fail-forward rear end in a top hat admitting all the amazing stories about him were total bullshit, basically a better reputation fantasy Flashman. I can think of about three thousand ways of this being better than whatever we actually got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I remember enjoying the Assassin trilogy and the Liveship trilogy when they came out (which is apparently a long time ago). Then I think there was another Fitz trilogy with a lot of the Fool in it, which I remember absolutely nothing about, and some absolutely mental thing about some kid in military college who gets kidnapped by a tribe of feeders who make him incredibly obese. Really full of strange choices, I was perplexed by the whole endeavour.