Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

who the gently caress cares, jesus. not you, these weird DST people that are popping up everywhere now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh it was a joke. He wrote a lot there. Hm

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

He learned from GRRM. and as much as I hate both of them for their work ethic I'd probably do the same considering the state of everything in the world.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kchama posted:

The prologue was something he released before the charity 300k thing. The charity thing was for the first chapter!

Just clarifying since it can be ambiguously read.

Dude, Rothfuss has had this trouble since 2007.

Nah. He totally buys into his own hype that he constantly blows up his own rear end.

I still want to know what the hell happened that killed the show and the movie. Is Rothfuss equally as lazy there as he is with the third book? ... Yeah, probably.

"Insane Russian nesting doll structure of a book" did LMM even read the book? It's a basic-rear end flashback.

I don't think he's having trouble, I just think he doesn't care. Though ive followed the whole star citizen/Elon promises/nft stuff so none of this feels abnormal to me.

Hes getting money by doing nothing but paying lip service to devout losers. I applaud him. gently caress elong and nfts tho

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 12, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I came here cause I heard about his whole charity fraud. I can't believe it's not brought up more. Thread should definitely stay, and the whole saga should be detailed.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Like gently caress this guy, seriously. 30 seconds in on a video from just 2 months ago is enough to see he's full of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE7Wsre9K0Y

e: wait nm 1 minute in is the money shot lol
e2: I never read his books, he reminded too much of grrm and welp

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 9, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Any update on the charity scam?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kchama posted:

If you want to see a good example of "Lying Headlines", peep this:

https://winteriscoming.net/2022/08/24/new-doors-of-stone-rumor-the-book-is-in-editing-and-has-a-release-date/

The 'rumor' is that Mercedes Lackey said it was, but it turns out she was just referring to A Slow Regard. So even though there is no such rumor, well... winteriscoming is there to make poo poo up!

I wish I had the ability to not feel shame like GRRM and Rothfuss. I'd probably be rich then though

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

He's a piece of poo poo.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

He learned from GRRM. Except Rothfuss can say mental illness and get a poo poo ton of bonus points, GRRMs ego won't allow him to show any weakness like that.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The book will come out before Winds of Winter, Star Citizen, and the Tesla Bot.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This thread needs to be here so we can remind ourselves and inform others how hes taken advantage of charity then cried like a lifetime bitch about it so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

He learned from GRRM

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Probably spending all his time with lawyers making sure he doesn't get piledriven for his charity scam

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It's amazing.. he just has to send out a 3 minute message once a year crying about how hard life is and all is good.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dienes posted:

He never seems to get that its not really about entitlement or lack of empathy for mental illness.

It the lying, Pat. Its the lying people are mad about. People are mad that you lied about the book being done and you lied about the chapter being released etc.

I'm pretty sure he gets it, just like GRRM. You just can't say you aren't doing any work and you're golden. Tesla/Star Citizen etc model.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Has there ever been a montage of Rothfuss webcam cries over the last 10 years that definitely, totally didn't make him mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kchama posted:

Also, does Rothuss just not know how legends work?

Of course not, he's a loving idiot.