Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I'm still kind of mad how the first book sucked me in at first, and then it was just an endless sequence of dumb not-romance, Mary Sue horseshit and revenge fantasy.

Am I gonna hate read the last book if it ever drops? Probably!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

No you see, a goddess taught him how to gently caress so he was really good at it :jerkbag:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I love you Rothfuss, please don’t finish the book so that I never have to hateread it.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Just put some cheerios boxes in random places in your house and you’re halfway to being a writer!

People will think you’re quirky n poo poo

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

That would imply he also thinks he's really good at playing music and loving and I'd rather not go there tyvm

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Well on my first read of book 1 I was pretty compelled, but when I finished and started thinking about things it put me off pretty hard.

Then book 2 confirmed the fear that it was in fact, unredeemable garbage.

I think the narration style was pretty novel at first, maybe thats what got me at first.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

It’s even worse than I had anticipated :laugh:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Thread should stay open, I'm not gonna know if Rothfuss will ever get his comeuppance otherwise.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe someone here could get AI to write that third book?

I bet a talentless hack like rothfuss is salivating at the thought of having AI do his work for him so he can spend more time rearranging his cereal boxes.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Chicken Butt posted:

I can’t believe this thread finally roped in an actual living breathing Rothfuss fan. Clearly, this is the spice that we were missing.

It's always funny when they run out of steam and just bail on the thread. That always happens at some point and they they go 'goons grrr!' On reddit or whereever rothfuss fans hang out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Atlas Hugged posted:

It was the first and last book I bought at the recommendation of Penny Arcade.

Same but a few years earlier I got World War Z on their recommendation which was honestly fine if nothing special.

Rothfuss is just a unique combo of awfulness