Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I read the two books a couple of years ago just after the birth of my second child, as I needed to snack-read something at night. I confess that I enjoyed the first book and some of the second book, but even my sleep deprived brain went "wait what" at fuckfairy and gipsy murders, and every time D.. enna? Dinah? appeared, I'd get an urge to fast forward past her parts.

I was vaguely disappointed that there was no third book, but after thinking a bit more about what I'd just read, I decided that it was all for the best.

Mzuri fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Cut your nails, Patrick. gently caress.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.

Come And See posted:

Yeah. Neil Gaiman is a hack.

:commissar:

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.

Come And See posted:

Sorry man, that episode was just awful in an otherwise mediocre series - and came across just as self-congratulatory as Rothfuss and Whedon etc out to prove who the REAL feminist was.

The more Neil Gaiman I consume the more I'm convinced Coraline was thanks to everyone else on that film.

Have you even read any of his books? The Sandman comic series?

Some of the TV stuff is below par, but proclaiming him a hack based on "consuming" nothing more than that just shows your ignorance.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
But Somebody is wrong! On the internet! That cannot stand, you must see.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.

Patware posted:

i am legitimately terrified of the idea of someone doing derivative works of rothfuss

Username/post combo

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Had anyone done a let's read of KKC here?

(Not it!)

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.

Kchama posted:

Trying to keep track of talents is a fool's errand, as their worth is is "2 talents will pay for literally anything needed for the plot".

The talents make the plot thicken like clouds flowing over an audible sunset.

I am genuinely sad that there is not a let's read in the style of Oh John Ringo, No! of these.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Bing! pretending to be Pat is a better writer than Pat pretending to work.

quote:

Here's a forum post about work ethics in the style of Patrick Rothfuss with esoteric metaphors:

"The world is a tapestry. And like any tapestry, it is woven from many threads. We are the weavers. And our work is to make sure that the threads are strong and true.

But what does that mean? It means we must be mindful of the patterns we weave. We must choose our colors with care and attention. We must be respectful of the other weavers who share our space.

And we must be patient. For a tapestry does not come together overnight. It takes time and effort and love.

But most of all, we must be true to ourselves. For each thread is unique. Each thread has its own story to tell.

So let us be good weavers. Let us tend to our work with care and attention. And let us watch as the tapestry comes together under our hands."

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Almost some sort of Hero's Journey or something. Someone should use that to write a bunch of stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
I'm just glad I was alive to see this thread attract a bona fide Rothfuss-versteher. Their posts were like the taste of sand across a recumbent night sky. Wunderbar!