Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
So what was it that caused the books to be liked by so many people after the first read like myself and, I’m assuming, a bunch of other people in this thread?

I read the second book in two sittings the day of and after the release, and even with that one only just started to have a vague sense of WTF during the Furilion or whatever’s name part. It was only after reading the prior threads here that all the serious flaws started to really sink in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

PJOmega posted:

I read the first mistborn because it was touted as a magical heist book and it really ended up being not that. Any suggestions in that vein? Lies of Locke Lamora similarly failed to deliver.

What did you feel that Lies didn't deliver on in regards to the heist? It's been a couple of years, but the con was intricate and really melded with world.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

Good guy and Mormon are mutually exclusive. Hth

I'm sure it's partially because I want to like him, but the way Sanderson explores topics around religion and other issues make me think he is not inline with a lot of Mormons on theology.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

pentyne posted:

Yearly reminder that in this thread or the past version someone mentioned they had business dealings with Rothfuss and he was extremely unprofessional, wastes times, ignores people, forgets names etc. and I always think that's probably why when Hollywood Golden Producer LMM optioned Kingkiller that's why it pretty much died on the vine because Rothfuss never bothered to treat anyone in the process with respect.

Defintely possible, but Joe Abercrombie just had his Best Served Cold adaptation put on hold, even after casting rumors and I can't imagine he was anything other than professional. Hollywood is also just capricious.