Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
You guys are mentioning so many good ones.

The ones I love, but haven't seen mentioned yet:

- werewolf mona trying to murder jane austen because she made her "believe in love"
- that entire episode about the legends getting drunk and mindwiping themselves on accident, which leads to shakespeare plagiarising and then popularising superhero tropes
- astra's lucky rock
- astra's molotov cocktail
- DJ fairygodmother
- evil Nate's superarms, as based on Jon Cena
- the "history fixing guns" literally just being radiation weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Ray off-screen helping Vandal Savage with his issues when they were both in Hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The bit at the beginning of s7 where their first time just causing little ripples in history ending with J Edgar Hoover shot in the head.

The time they did the Antman in Thanos' butt bit with Ray and Rasputin

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So, that ending to Crisis On Infinite Earths, huh? How'd that work out?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DIcERLs1Y

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

To be fair COVID did a number on the idea of doing crossovers again.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOa0EEAcdXM

The episode, too. And the shoutout to ST:TNG Cause and Effect in addition to Groundhog's Day.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

poo poo how'd I forget that? That ruled so hard

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Slamhound posted:

This promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOa0EEAcdXM

The episode, too. And the shoutout to ST:TNG Cause and Effect in addition to Groundhog's Day.

I genuinely quote "We're stuck in a time loop!" a lot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

To be fair COVID did a number on the idea of doing crossovers again.

COVID did a number on the Arrowverse in general, in retrospect.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

COVID did a number on TV in general, in retrospect.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Senerio posted:

I genuinely quote "We're stuck in a time loop!" a lot.

Same.

Gonna miss this crazy rear end show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Andrew_1985 posted:

What’s everyone fav moments?

seasons 2-5. all of it

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Any chance DC can finish the story in a comic?

This f'n sucks. I'm not going to badmouth one of the shows that was renewed but wtf!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Well, there's a single issue Legends comic coming out next month (it's part of, surprise, an Arrowverse crossover comic) but it's not really the same thing :[

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Well if it's not part of a finale I'm not buying it. Not going to support that crap.

But since people are mentioning favorite moments:

Swan Thong

E: Ava with shake weights, Sarah with a pogo stick and Astra with a Flobee. Not sure what cans are that Nate had. New Coke?

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 30, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nunsexmonkrock posted:

This f'n sucks. I'm not going to badmouth one of the shows that was renewed but wtf!

Warner Brothers is basically liquidating The CW's assets in preparation to sell it off either this year or next and just be rid of its money hole in their budget, so expect the next seasons of Flash and Superman and Lois to also be their last as well. Batwoman and Legends getting axed now is just the orchestra warming up, being the two weakest and easily disposable shows, ratings-wise. Flash and Supes are still huge ratings draws in comparison and will be the last ones up against the wall when the word finally drops.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd say it worked out just fine really. It was a huge, ambitious sort of TV storytelling that culiminated in "now there's a big world full of superheroes in different places" and it would have been fine and satisfying if the Arrowverse stopped right there. Anything extra was just a bonus to enjoy while it lasted, though pity covid diminished it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Killer robot posted:

I'd say it worked out just fine really. It was a huge, ambitious sort of TV storytelling that culiminated in "now there's a big world full of superheroes in different places" and it would have been fine and satisfying if the Arrowverse stopped right there. Anything extra was just a bonus to enjoy while it lasted, though pity covid diminished it.

I mean, for me it basically was where the Arrowverse ended, in that it was where I stopped watching all of the shows, so it really was a nice finale to nearly a decade's worth of slowly building a TV universe... that literally came crumbling down at a shocking pace after the main tent pole was removed :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Warner Brothers is basically liquidating The CW's assets in preparation to sell it off either this year or next and just be rid of its money hole in their budget, so expect the next seasons of Flash and Superman and Lois to also be their last as well. Batwoman and Legends getting axed now is just the orchestra warming up, being the two weakest and easily disposable shows, ratings-wise. Flash and Supes are still huge ratings draws in comparison and will be the last ones up against the wall when the word finally drops.

With how much of the cast was abandoning ship the next season of Flash was likely to be the last one regardless of what the merger plans were, to be fair on that one

If there's a silver lining to find with this cancellation, I'm extremely excited to see what Caity Lotz does next/going forward

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They moved all the DC app shows to HBO Max, If S&L remains popular there's no reason to think it won't also end up there.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
It figures the show goes out having all the time idiots get sent to time jail.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

With how much of the cast was abandoning ship the next season of Flash was likely to be the last one regardless of what the merger plans were, to be fair on that one

If there's a silver lining to find with this cancellation, I'm extremely excited to see what Caity Lotz does next/going forward

It makes you also wonder how much Stephen Amell advocated for himself/the Arrow crew.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot posted:

End it with a bang, not with "all the other shows are cancelled so I guess we are too."

Whoops.

Godspeed, you idiots. It was terrible, then fun, then terrible fun.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Andrew_1985 posted:

This was my favourite, ridiculous show. After a shocking S1 I was surprised by how much I loved this program.

What’s everyone fav moments?

- Damien Dahrk fighting to ‘Return of the Mack’ https://youtu.be/XCwvCaEcIzs

- Pretty much anything with "They are (time) idiots"
- Muppets

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Crisis was supposed to be the Arrowverse putting its balls on the table and saying we run this network and DC. Big spectacle leading into the next generation. New spin-offs, new Arrow show, Batwoman and Supergirl being BFFs and doing things. Instead turned out to be a swan song as all that poo poo immediately fell apart, the new shows didn’t get picked up, existing shows got cancelled, actors left, and Flash continued to circle the drain

I blame Barry

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 30, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

- Nate trying to bang Ray's mom on the rebound from Amaya, while Amaya is right there beside him

"We heard reports of there being a, *snif* cougar in the neighborhood"

I couldn't help but feel the show was running out of steam in the last season, pregnant Sarah was kind of a bad sign, but space time jail there at the end had some real interesting potential. Maybe James Gunn will bring someone in for Peacemaker.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Suicide Squad 2 involves breaking out someone from Time Jail in the opening act.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ruddiger posted:

Same.

Gonna miss this crazy rear end show.

I can't believe I just noticed the lightsaber on her hip next to the phaser.

Every thing they did that was musical was ridiculous and over the top, and it was always great.

Puppets and Cat Zari were also incredible.

This is a show that seemed like it did it right, where they made the characters, made a situation, and then just had them react like the characters would. Worked very well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I rarely buy physical media but if they do a special Blu-Ray release of all 6 seasons in a collectors edition packaging I'd probably drop a few bucks for that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Chris James 2 posted:

I wish Caity Lotz would get added to Cobra Kai as a new sensei.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Caity and Katie Cassidy are going to be at a Comic Con in Detroit next month, I never do the paid autograph thing but maybe I'll find some Legends merch and tell her how awesome she is.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Gideon doing the walk through the ship and talking to all the Legends is a great moment.
"We're not sisters"
The utterly beautiful and healthy bromance of Nate and Ray

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It had to end at some point, and I'd argue the show wasn't as good as it used to be, but it was still really drat good. Gonna miss this crazy show full of time idiots a lot.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ray getting caught sneaking away with Damien and Damien giving Nate a big old friendly pop out of the ship wave at Nate was a small but fantastic moment.

Also Wild Wild West video

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

How did COVID decimate the universe, outside of being unable to film crossovers? I'm sure it made life hell on production, though.

Kind've amazing how fast it all went to poo poo the second Arrow ended. In an alternate universe we could have had that rad Future Birds of Prey they tried to backdoor pilot.

But hell, Legends was weird and wonderful and will stand the test of time. Get it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
[weird forums fuckery]

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 3, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

How did COVID decimate the universe, outside of being unable to film crossovers? I'm sure it made life hell on production, though.

Kind've amazing how fast it all went to poo poo the second Arrow ended. In an alternate universe we could have had that rad Future Birds of Prey they tried to backdoor pilot.

But hell, Legends was weird and wonderful and will stand the test of time. Get it?

COVID basically shut down all live action TV production period for months, that had ripple effects on each individual Arrowverse show in various unique ways. Supergirl and Flash had to carve like five episodes off of their current seasons and just shut down immediately and try to splice together satisfactory season-ending episodes in the editing room. This basically thew both shows out of step to the point where neither really fully recovered from it.

Ruby Rose used the COVID lockdown to bail on Batwoman after a season of, depending on who you asked, being abused for a year and a half by a lovely and incompetent production staff, or being an absolutely miserable and nearly-impossible to work with prima donna who everyone else on the cast and crew just loving hated by the time Season 1 was in the can.

Melissa Benoist decided to end Supergirl on her own volition because she was pregnant and didn't want to be a working TV star mom, because that kind of work/life scheduling sucks. That and Rose bailing on Batwoman killed the planned Supergirl/Batwoman crossover.

Green Arrow and the Canaries was supposed to fill the hole Arrow left in the Arrowverse, but it got passed on, and this is kind of where things really start to implode, because it sets off a chain reaction of other Arrowverse spin-off/replacement shows getting smothered in their crib too like Painkiller.

Then Black Lightning gets the axe just after it was officially tied into the Arrowverse because the CW's deal with Netflix went kaput.

Then you have Superman and Lois going "gently caress it", and deciding it's functionally its own separate Superman show basically divorced from the Arrowverse entirely and actually wound up thriving as a result.

And Flash has kind of been garbage for years, but now it's entered the public consciousness that it's really unsalvagable garbage. Its main actors have been trying to get away from it for years now. Carlos Valdes waffled for years on whether he was going or not before finally leaving last year. Same with Tom Cavanaugh. Jesse L. Martin just bailed on the show too. And Hartley Sawyer got fired. It's just been this unkillable zombie shitshow forever now, and not exactly a real confidence builder in the integrity of the shared universe if the new leading light of the Arrowverse after Arrow itself came to an end is just this sloppy disaster in and of itself.

And now Batwoman and Legends are cancelled too, so the Arrowverse is functionally dead.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do wonder how much COVID messed up the chances of Green Arrow and the Canaries. Things just kind of ended up in the air when everything went on pause.