Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Breath of the Wild except the first screen of the game is a MIB style flash that erases all my memories of Breath of the Wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Super Mario Literature Club

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
shin megami tensei

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

oh yeah wasn't that a fake leak before last E3 or something? FROM software mayan jungle aesthetic with a focus on hand to hand martial arts stuff sounded sick

Are you thinking of Absolver because that game came out and is pretty good

Tiresias2
May 31, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
For a long time it was No Man's Sky. Then I played it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zelda Maker w/ GB, NES, and SNES palettes would be awesome. apparently the BOTW devs made an internal tool that is basically this as a prototype, so i want them to release it to the public

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It does sound a lot like Absolver but no, some 4chan guy posted about it before E3 last year and said it was gonna be called "Phantom Wail"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

Zelda Maker w/ GB, NES, and SNES palettes would be awesome. apparently the BOTW devs made an internal tool that is basically this as a prototype, so i want them to release it to the public

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNLBHDS3yM

yeah I really like the diorama-style 8 bit look

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

one of the super best friends guys outlined a rumor he heard just prior to e3 about a mayan or aztec souls game from FromSoft, but nothing ever materialized

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNLBHDS3yM

yeah I really like the diorama-style 8 bit look
The burning tree flowing down the river and lighting other trees up is awesome, and now I really want this as a full game.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i dream for all games to have Second Life levels of character customization. let people express themselves as they wish

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

oh yeah wasn't that a fake leak before last E3 or something? FROM software mayan jungle aesthetic with a focus on hand to hand martial arts stuff sounded sick

No one knows anything about what they are working on ATM so it could still be this

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Virtua fighter 5 but with active players

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

A STALKER game thats more true to the novel where youre exploring a really deadly area, and every time you die you switch to a new character in the future and the old character becomes a cautionary tale

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Native American style Shadow of Mordor game where you murk John Smiths in various beautiful American landscapes. No lootboxes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

A STALKER game thats more true to the novel where youre exploring a really deadly area, and every time you die you switch to a new character in the future and the old character becomes a cautionary tale

i would play that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Native American style Shadow of Mordor game where you murk John Smiths in various beautiful American landscapes. No lootboxes.

The stealth could also work differently in each climate too, like you have to use trees and shrubbery in the east, and the west would be a flat desert like in MGSV where you have to traverse cliffs at mesas in stuff and the center would be a lot of prairie land with tall grass for you and enemies to hide in. Open combat with horses and blades and stuff would be sweet too... drat I want this now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dragon's Dogma style open world RPG that during combat switches to turn based, like XCOM. I like exploring in action-RPGs but I'm pretty much done with their combat, I think there's a lot of cool things you could do with turn based instead.

One of the big features of XCOM is that you get an exact probability for each shot, I think it would be cool to build a world where everyone knows the exact probability for everything.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

an actual dog posted:

Dragon's Dogma style open world RPG that during combat switches to turn based, like XCOM. I like exploring in action-RPGs but I'm pretty much done with their combat, I think there's a lot of cool things you could do with turn based instead.

One of the big features of XCOM is that you get an exact probability for each shot, I think it would be cool to build a world where everyone knows the exact probability for everything.

the best thing about the exact probability in xcom is its all bullshit

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Is it? I know Fire Emblem weights them but I thought XCOM was pure...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The stealth could also work differently in each climate too, like you have to use trees and shrubbery in the east, and the west would be a flat desert like in MGSV where you have to traverse cliffs at mesas in stuff and the center would be a lot of prairie land with tall grass for you and enemies to hide in. Open combat with horses and blades and stuff would be sweet too... drat I want this now.

Full seasonal cycle as well. Hunting in heavy snowfall ftw..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

an actual dog posted:

that would be cool. i agree about the combat in open world stuff, it's pretty old.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
A game where you find people's info online and call their work, find out where they live, and harass them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Full seasonal cycle as well. Hunting in heavy snowfall ftw..

Basically Assassin's Creed 3 except good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Liquid Drink posted:

A game where you find people's info online and call their work, find out where they live, and harass them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&perpage=40

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Basically Assassin's Creed III but without the Assassin's Creed part yeah.

I'll admit, that game would be a lot better if the winter stuff was actually in the postgame at all instead of just 2 chapters or w/e.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Basically Assassin's Creed III but without the Assassin's Creed part yeah.

I'll admit, that game would be a lot better if the winter stuff was actually in the postgame at all instead of just 2 chapters or w/e.

I think you can trigger season changes in the postgame somehow but I don't remember how and the game wasn't very good anyway so it's not really worth it (and I actually like a lot of the AC games)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

For years I wanted Assassin's Creed IV without the Assassin's Creed part, and now Ubisoft is finally making it and it's loot box PVP 'The Division' style crap. loving monkey's paw

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I want assassin's creed without the "ubisoft" part.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Apocalypto game I mentioned before was something like that yeah. Basically the first half would have you fight off Aztec raiders looking for sacrifices and the second one would have you dealing with conquistadores with full plate armor, guns and attack dogs. All that on Mayan jungles and ruins and you could do poo poo like throw beehives at enemies

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 9, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Native and Mesoamerican mythologies are really interesting and rarely explored, and when they are they're almost never attributed. One Aztec creation myth is literally dark souls 1's plot (the ages are cyclical, at the end of each age the gods sacrifice themselves in a sacred fire to begin the next, at the end of the last age the head god didn't want to sacrifice himself so the humble sore-covered god stepped up to do it himself)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Huitzilopoxli or whatever flying out of his moms vag with a sword and full armor and murdering all his siblings FTW.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

An Age of Empires style RTS, but instead of working your way up the tech tree the campaign starts with everything unlocked. Then the nukes fly and you lose irreplaceable tech and infrastructure and it gets increasingly post-apocalyptic until the last level is just irradiated cavemen fighting over rat meat.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

An Age of Empires style RTS, but instead of working your way up the tech tree the campaign starts with everything unlocked. Then the nukes fly and you lose irreplaceable tech and infrastructure and it gets increasingly post-apocalyptic until the last level is just irradiated cavemen fighting over rat meat.

awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the ubisoft guy who im not even sure still posts anymore is here reading this thread and is compiling a list to make everyones dream games lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

the ubisoft guy who im not even sure still posts anymore is here reading this thread and is compiling a list to make everyones dream games lmfao

He's reading the Shadow of War thread for tips

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

loving's Field IV.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jedi knight 4 is my dreamgame, but we will get samey EA games forever instead

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
A game where once you beat the final boss you're given a password, and if you put it in at the title screen it unlocks the source code and to beat the bonus boss you have to look for the hints buried in the source code.

You can turn every one of the bonus boss' stats to zero, sure, if you're a baby with no skills. Maybe if you change the bonus boss at all it trips something and once you beat it the game calls you a baby and deletes all your save data

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Plutonis posted:

The Apocalypto game I mentioned before was something like that yeah. Basically the first half would have you fight off Aztec raiders looking for sacrifices and the second one would have you dealing with conquistadores with full plate armor, guns and attack dogs. All that on Mayan jungles and ruins and you could do poo poo like throw beehives at enemies

Games need more bee-related weapons

• Locked thread