Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

Randy! Randy, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Pitchford. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

demon's souls in HD60, with 2 minor tweaks:
1. a way to control world tendency that isnt a pain in the rear end
2. no inventory limit

i wish they would just make japan studio crank out a pc port, it could be awful and modders would fix it anyway. its not like demons souls is selling any ps3s these days

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sony footed the bill, may as well ask for a smash bros pc port

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You're an undercover cop and your next assignment is to infiltrate an extremely dangerous organized crime ring and/or cult. Game would not be combat focused at all but revolve around your actions/responses which actually matter to the story. Timing is also important, like you have to find a good time to report back to the brass as the investigation continues. You can choose what to reveal to them and what to hold back, you can even make poo poo up if you wanted you. It's not just dumping you into the lions den, you have to juggle both sides to make it work. Look for clues, eavesdrop on ppl, etc. Story has like a million different endgame scenarios and branching arcs to explore.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're an undercover cop and your next assignment is to infiltrate an extremely dangerous organized crime ring and/or cult. Game would not be combat focused at all but revolve around your actions/responses which actually matter to the story. Timing is also important, like you have to find a good time to report back to the brass as the investigation continues. You can choose what to reveal to them and what to hold back, you can even make poo poo up if you wanted you. It's not just dumping you into the lions den, you have to juggle both sides to make it work. Look for clues, eavesdrop on ppl, etc. Story has like a million different endgame scenarios and branching arcs to explore.
This is good. I imagine it playing like a mix of Hitman and Alpha Protocol. Disguises, sneaking, lots of dialogue.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

A Majora's Mask style time loop game but you're trying to solve a murder before the trail gets cold.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Aston posted:

A Majora's Mask style time loop game but you're trying to solve a murder before the trail gets cold.

https://www.gog.com/game/last_express_the

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1018121001/super-mario-rpg-2-sequel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seems legit

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

Seems legit

Maybe the kickstarter creator should also contact nintendo about it anyway

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Oh hell yes! [squints] Avi does what Nintendon't.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The insanely good monster designs in new Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest Heroes really make me want an action RPG Dragon Quest Monsters game. I feel like that franchise is a better fit for the whole open world 3D game that people always dream of than Pokemon and they've already got a great engine and a ton of models and animations. I just miss DQ Monsters....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

The insanely good monster designs in new Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest Heroes really make me want an action RPG Dragon Quest Monsters game. I feel like that franchise is a better fit for the whole open world 3D game that people always dream of than Pokemon and they've already got a great engine and a ton of models and animations. I just miss DQ Monsters....

This would be sick. DQ Monsters is honestly one of the best spinoffs of all time

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Give me a new dq slime game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Related: a Chrono Trigger musou game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imagine battling thousands of monsters in the Tyrano Fortress or Black Omen.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A Pokémon game in the style of Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Related: a Chrono Trigger musou game.

This will probably just happen eventually

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

dream game idea: a sequel for The Warriors with the Nemesis system thing and you go around a hosed up nyc uniting the gangs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This will probably just happen eventually
I don't know. Square is super hesitant to use the property.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a yakuza game but made by Nintendo starring Captain Falcon and also has racing

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

dream game idea: a sequel for The Warriors with the Nemesis system thing and you go around a hosed up nyc uniting the gangs

I think this same up in the original Shadow of Mordor thread like 3 years ago but yes, yes I still want this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

This would be sick. DQ Monsters is honestly one of the best spinoffs of all time

It really pisses me off that the 3DS one never got localized

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Plutonis posted:

It really pisses me off that the 3DS one never got localized

Lol there were three 3DS DQM games that didn't get localized. A remake of the first game, a remake of the second game, and then Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3. Sucks they dropped it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a game in the Fallout universe where you're a scavver for hire who gets missions to infiltrate really dangerous pre-war ruins to extract specific artifacts for clients. you drop in in power armor that you kit out before each mission, with certain armors being better suited for different tasks (E.g. mobility, rad resistance, tanking) and a set amount of gear, and then have to survive with what you find on the mission otherwise. apart from the target artifact, you also collect stuff that you sell in order to earn money to upgrade your armors and your base. there's a general overarching story, like armored core, where the missions you take and what you do determines the path of the story and what's available later.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
A Naughty Dog game set during the Spanish Civil War following a member of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade. You could start the game sneaking over the Pyrenees mountains across the French border into Spain. You could have fights against the fascists until you get the civil war within the Civil War where the anarchists and communists fight for supremacy. Throw in George Orwell and Ernest Hemingway, have a big set piece at Guernica, and all the beautiful Spanish architecture as rendered by Naughty Dog.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A Naughty Dog game set during the Spanish Civil War following a member of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade. You could start the game sneaking over the Pyrenees mountains across the French border into Spain. You could have fights against the fascists until you get the civil war within the Civil War where the anarchists and communists fight for supremacy. Throw in George Orwell and Ernest Hemingway, have a big set piece at Guernica, and all the beautiful Spanish architecture as rendered by Naughty Dog.
This, but it plays like Jak and Daxter, not Uncharted.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A Naughty Dog game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lfmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LOL

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And Muhammad is his Prophet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

a game in the Fallout universe where you're a scavver for hire who gets missions to infiltrate really dangerous pre-war ruins to extract specific artifacts for clients. you drop in in power armor that you kit out before each mission, with certain armors being better suited for different tasks (E.g. mobility, rad resistance, tanking) and a set amount of gear, and then have to survive with what you find on the mission otherwise. apart from the target artifact, you also collect stuff that you sell in order to earn money to upgrade your armors and your base. there's a general overarching story, like armored core, where the missions you take and what you do determines the path of the story and what's available later.

A fallout game in the FOX engine would be incredible. Third person but you still have the same guns blazing vs stealth options

• Locked thread