Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Just A Link to the Past, but it wipes your memory of itself every time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I was going to say I'd love to see a party based RPG where you're the crew of a ship (space or sea) including tactical ship battles and a freeform structure like Elite, but this:

Crimson Harvest posted:

Just A Link to the Past, but it wipes your memory of itself every time.

Well, there's no topping that one.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

"i want a sequel to this game" or "i want to play that game forever" are NOT ideas. dont be lazy

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Mokinokaro posted:

I'd love to see a party based RPG where you're the crew of a ship (space or sea) including tactical ship battles and a freeform structure like Elite

a space game where you could breach ships and take them over with boarding parties would be cool. Heat Signature is like that but you're just one guy and the game isnt as fleshed out as it could be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want a game that's basically the torneko chapter from DQIV for 30+ hours but I think that exists already.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

I want a game that's basically the torneko chapter from DQIV for 30+ hours but I think that exists already.

It's on PSX

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

extremely steampunk posted:

a space game where you could breach ships and take them over with boarding parties would be cool. Heat Signature is like that but you're just one guy and the game isnt as fleshed out as it could be

Yeah this is also a great concept. FTL expanded into a full Pirates! style sandbox.

I think the closest we've got is Space Hulk and the videogame versions are mediocre.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

A game like chromehounds that didnt bleed its playerbase by being insanely unbalanced

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

An open world legacy of kain where raziels actions affect kains world and vice versa

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
My favorite part of Mass Effect 2 was when the aliens busted into the Normandy and started carrying everybody off and Joker was the POV: crawling around, losing his poo poo and getting taunted by the UI.

It was fun, tense, and I've been looking for something like that in other games (maybe I need to play SS-17?) I said then I would play an entire game of that moment, and I still would. Maybe even a small group of folks trying to escape a situation (please let it not be zombies, I'm sick of them) that can't be blasted through:

Scenario A: Wrong place, wrong time, wrong side of a rebellion: You and your friends live in a county made up of small towns/villages during post-Revolutionary War/Civil War/Modern Times. People in the area start the Whiskey Rebellion/Are in General Sherman's Way/do something stupid and President loving Washington/General Sherman/General {make up a name} sends a force effective enough to pulverize everything in the area that fully intends to (yes, I know the Whiskey Rebellion fled with their tails between their legs before anything got serious.) Any contribution to the renegade efforts would be limited to what these characters could do, and the goal in each case is to either escape or enable your friends/family to escape before everything is burned to the ground. I guess there's other situations you could pull from history which would be the same way from invasions to regimes forming police states.

Scenario B: Natural Disaster: You are not Gilgamesh, but thanks to storms (Hurricanes or otherwise) your poo poo is about to get underwater, and not because you flushed. Rule of law vanishes over time, the water rises and river currents become violently rapid. Survivors start to tend to forming into factions and gangs, and your character(s) will need to survive and keep look out for each other in time for the National Guard and FEMA to arrive, provide aid and establish order (which won't happen immediately when they arrive)

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bell_ posted:

My favorite part of Mass Effect 2 was when the aliens busted into the Normandy and started carrying everybody off and Joker was the POV: crawling around, losing his poo poo and getting taunted by the UI.

It was fun, tense, and I've been looking for something like that in other games (maybe I need to play SS-17?) I said then I would play an entire game of that moment, and I still would. Maybe even a small group of folks trying to escape a situation (please let it not be zombies, I'm sick of them) that can't be blasted through:

Scenario A: Wrong place, wrong time, wrong side of a rebellion: You and your friends live in a county made up of small towns/villages during post-Revolutionary War/Civil War/Modern Times. People in the area start the Whiskey Rebellion/Are in General Sherman's Way/do something stupid and President loving Washington/General Sherman/General {make up a name} sends a force effective enough to pulverize everything in the area that fully intends to (yes, I know the Whiskey Rebellion fled with their tails between their legs before anything got serious.) Any contribution to the renegade efforts would be limited to what these characters could do, and the goal in each case is to either escape or enable your friends/family to escape before everything is burned to the ground. I guess there's other situations you could pull from history which would be the same way from invasions to regimes forming police states.

Scenario B: Natural Disaster: You are not Gilgamesh, but thanks to storms (Hurricanes or otherwise) your poo poo is about to get underwater, and not because you flushed. Rule of law vanishes over time, the water rises and river currents become violently rapid. Survivors start to tend to forming into factions and gangs, and your character(s) will need to survive and keep look out for each other in time for the National Guard and FEMA to arrive, provide aid and establish order (which won't happen immediately when they arrive)

This is how every game of dwarf fortress goes for me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

This is how every game of dwarf fortress goes for me
Same, DF is tl;dr for me too.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same, DF is tl;dr for me too.

He’s a new recruit, cut him some slack

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

He’s a new recruit, cut him some slack
I actually liked the post I just wanted to make the Dwarf Fortress joke.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well gently caress You! Sorry. I haven’t had my coffee yet :D

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I love DF, but it broke my brain a little bit when the patch came in adding layers instead of just digging to the right. Since then I followed Letsplays but played it far less myself.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fortunately the screen is really dark when you play DF so you should be able to see the joke in your monitor

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

medieval madness the pinball table and its in my room! yes! my very own pinball table!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A game halfway between The Sims and something like Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld. Like, you create and customize maybe a dozen people that are very distinct from each other and then the gameplay's like DF but with a small handful of customized individuals instead of dozens of mostly-interchangeable people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A fire-themed expansion for Super Mario Maker.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

medieval madness the pinball table and its in my room! yes! my very own pinball table!

i was playing that this weekend. it's really good.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i was playing that this weekend. it's really good.

It’s like my favorite table ever

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

A game halfway between The Sims and something like Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld. Like, you create and customize maybe a dozen people that are very distinct from each other and then the gameplay's like DF but with a small handful of customized individuals instead of dozens of mostly-interchangeable people.

Sims 3 but it runs well and looks good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Sims 3 but it runs well and looks good
I would kill for a Sims game where they have more robust AI and you don't have to babysit them constantly to do even basic things. Also the ability to just skip though the sleep cycle if your sims are all asleep.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I really just want Westwood back

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would kill for a Sims game where they have more robust AI and you don't have to babysit them constantly to do even basic things. Also the ability to just skip though the sleep cycle if your sims are all asleep.

I remember fast forwarding through the sleep cycle and it automatically stopping in the morning tho... but yea you're right about the other thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I remember fast forwarding through the sleep cycle and it automatically stopping in the morning tho... but yea you're right about the other thing.
You can fast-forward but it still takes a couple minutes even on the highest speed. The Sims has a lot of potential but I've never found any of them fun to play.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah this is basically what I meant with my post. I love creating Sims in The Sims 4, it has probably my favorite character creator, and watching them go about their business and interact with each other is neat. But I'd much prefer if they were mostly autonomous and you could just kind of sit back and watch them do stuff instead of having to manage so much.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I really just want Westwood back

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I miss Bullfrog, too. And old Relic. And Origin. And pre-HALO Bungie. And Douglas J. Morgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bell_ posted:

I miss Bullfrog, too. And old Relic. And Origin. And pre-HALO Bungie. And Douglas J. Morgan.

Dungeon Keeper.... ultima.... gently caress

• Locked thread