Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I've been reading a lot of religious/spiritual stuff lately and it gave me an idea for a strategy game set in a fictional Bronze Age world similar to that of the Old Testament period. It would just be a normal strategy game but with the twist that there's a deity that you have to keep pleased and if you do it will grant you bonuses and miracles, apply malus to your enemies or take direct fire-and-brimstone action against them, with the catch that if you make him angry he can start working for your enemies against you until you appease him. I pictured it as a Total War style game with a turn-based campaign map and real time battles to make best use of both lower-key blessings/curses like "Our god is displeased and has sent a famine against us, -x% food production for y turns" as well as bigger stuff like "Due to your high favor with the supreme being, the malak ha-mashḥit has joined your army for this battle" but I guess any kind of strategy game would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

oh yeah wasn't that a fake leak before last E3 or something? FROM software mayan jungle aesthetic with a focus on hand to hand martial arts stuff sounded sick

Are you thinking of Absolver because that game came out and is pretty good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Rogue Squadron 4, but you play as the Empire

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A Pokémon game in the style of Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A game halfway between The Sims and something like Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld. Like, you create and customize maybe a dozen people that are very distinct from each other and then the gameplay's like DF but with a small handful of customized individuals instead of dozens of mostly-interchangeable people.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would kill for a Sims game where they have more robust AI and you don't have to babysit them constantly to do even basic things. Also the ability to just skip though the sleep cycle if your sims are all asleep.

Yeah this is basically what I meant with my post. I love creating Sims in The Sims 4, it has probably my favorite character creator, and watching them go about their business and interact with each other is neat. But I'd much prefer if they were mostly autonomous and you could just kind of sit back and watch them do stuff instead of having to manage so much.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

A sequel or spiritual sequel to Alpha Protocol in the Fox engine

Yes! Yes!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i feel like even looking at this guy's custom Fallout mod load order would be a federal crime

lmao

• Locked thread