Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
What's a game you would like to see happen?

To start us off, I brought both of these up in different threads:
-a FROM Software game that's like DS/BB but with a 10th century middle eastern '1,001 Arabian Nights' style aesthetic
-ship combat game like AC4: Black Flag or Rebel Galaxy, but set in the Star Wars universe where your using Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari Cruisers and stuff (TBH I don't care about this idea as much, EA sucks. LucasArts could have pulled this off but Disney murdered them... QQ)

Here's the ones I just thought of:
-You know those older Telltale Games point and click adventures (Homestar Runner, Back To The Future, Sam and Max etc) made by the good developers before they left the company and it descended into the Game of Thrones/Batman AIDS? What if those guys made a Weebl & Bob game
-a 2D sidescrolling stealth game that's like a cross between Mark of the Ninja and Centipede where you play as a slime creature (like The Blob) that must consume everything in each level, but every time you consume stuff it makes you bigger and more difficult to hide yourself, until you're basically 'taking up' a section of the level. I can't remember who that guy that made Gunpoint from scratch is, but he could probably make this work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

A fixed camera survival game set in a single house that has an insane amount of detail. Basically RE1 but with contemporary technology behind the software but without the later gameplay styles of modern survival horror games.

I would love this. RE7 comes close, it has a lot of the right ideas (way better than I expected from Capcom, anyways), but it's not entirely there.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Native American style Shadow of Mordor game where you murk John Smiths in various beautiful American landscapes. No lootboxes.

The stealth could also work differently in each climate too, like you have to use trees and shrubbery in the east, and the west would be a flat desert like in MGSV where you have to traverse cliffs at mesas in stuff and the center would be a lot of prairie land with tall grass for you and enemies to hide in. Open combat with horses and blades and stuff would be sweet too... drat I want this now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Basically Assassin's Creed III but without the Assassin's Creed part yeah.

I'll admit, that game would be a lot better if the winter stuff was actually in the postgame at all instead of just 2 chapters or w/e.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

For years I wanted Assassin's Creed IV without the Assassin's Creed part, and now Ubisoft is finally making it and it's loot box PVP 'The Division' style crap. loving monkey's paw

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Rogue Squadron 4, but you play as the Empire

This, but only if LucasArts were revived first

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Randy! Randy, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Pitchford. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh hell yes! [squints] Avi does what Nintendon't.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

dream game idea: a sequel for The Warriors with the Nemesis system thing and you go around a hosed up nyc uniting the gangs

I think this same up in the original Shadow of Mordor thread like 3 years ago but yes, yes I still want this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

A fire-themed expansion for Super Mario Maker.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I really just want Westwood back

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Super Mario Odyssey 2

Considering how early were into the Switch’s lifespan, this could very well happen. In the meantime I’m going to savor this magnificent game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A multiplat game where the player character is a hero of the console brand they’re playing it on. They must battle creatures based on the other game consoles, and the types of creatures, and their move sets, depend on how the players on THOSE consoles are playing through the game, and the types of attacks they’re using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i feel like even looking at this guy's custom Fallout mod load order would be a federal crime

• Locked thread