Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A top-down stealth game akin to first two MGS games, only with a progression similar to Nuclear Throne - you go through 4 procedurally-generated levels (a jungle infiltration leading to a base, then you go through the base to reach a lab, and at the end of the lab you reach the fourth stage, some sort of giant Metal Gear-style machine full of security systems) each made up of three stages. You get one life, and procure items like EMPs, rations, ammo, smoke grenades, etc. on-site.

You'd have a balanced Snake-like character, and specialized characters you unlock after beating the game - a melee-focused ninja, a Fatman-style demolitions expert, maybe some sort of sniper? Not sure yet. I think it could really capture the excitement and tension of arcade stealth, and have a lot of replayability, speedrun potential, and so forth.

Depending on development time, you could have the stages be randomized to give it more variety. A tundra or desert opening stage, a boat instead of a base, whatever.

I'd call it Sneaking Mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

A SMT IV style game with all of the systems and story style of Digital Devil Saga.

A puzzle game like Puyo Puyo Tetris, but also including Tetris Attack and Meteos.
Or just literally any Meteos game. The first one was so good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNLBHDS3yM

yeah I really like the diorama-style 8 bit look
The burning tree flowing down the river and lighting other trees up is awesome, and now I really want this as a full game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're an undercover cop and your next assignment is to infiltrate an extremely dangerous organized crime ring and/or cult. Game would not be combat focused at all but revolve around your actions/responses which actually matter to the story. Timing is also important, like you have to find a good time to report back to the brass as the investigation continues. You can choose what to reveal to them and what to hold back, you can even make poo poo up if you wanted you. It's not just dumping you into the lions den, you have to juggle both sides to make it work. Look for clues, eavesdrop on ppl, etc. Story has like a million different endgame scenarios and branching arcs to explore.
This is good. I imagine it playing like a mix of Hitman and Alpha Protocol. Disguises, sneaking, lots of dialogue.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Related: a Chrono Trigger musou game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imagine battling thousands of monsters in the Tyrano Fortress or Black Omen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This will probably just happen eventually
I don't know. Square is super hesitant to use the property.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A Naughty Dog game set during the Spanish Civil War following a member of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade. You could start the game sneaking over the Pyrenees mountains across the French border into Spain. You could have fights against the fascists until you get the civil war within the Civil War where the anarchists and communists fight for supremacy. Throw in George Orwell and Ernest Hemingway, have a big set piece at Guernica, and all the beautiful Spanish architecture as rendered by Naughty Dog.
This, but it plays like Jak and Daxter, not Uncharted.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

This is how every game of dwarf fortress goes for me
Same, DF is tl;dr for me too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

He’s a new recruit, cut him some slack
I actually liked the post I just wanted to make the Dwarf Fortress joke.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Sims 3 but it runs well and looks good
I would kill for a Sims game where they have more robust AI and you don't have to babysit them constantly to do even basic things. Also the ability to just skip though the sleep cycle if your sims are all asleep.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I remember fast forwarding through the sleep cycle and it automatically stopping in the morning tho... but yea you're right about the other thing.
You can fast-forward but it still takes a couple minutes even on the highest speed. The Sims has a lot of potential but I've never found any of them fun to play.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it would be cool to have a light RPG based game where a DM character introduces challenges, monsters, and story beats for a group of players. i think something like this existed, but it was really just moving sprites around a stage.
Sounds like Card Hunters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it's mostly phil spector's idea, but i've always liked the one city block idea, where you set an RPG in a comparatively small, but super detailed and well simulated area.
I've been hoping more games would do this ever since Hitman.

• Locked thread