Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a tactics style job-based SRPG where your squad is represented by buildable decks of cards instead of stat sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zelda Maker w/ GB, NES, and SNES palettes would be awesome. apparently the BOTW devs made an internal tool that is basically this as a prototype, so i want them to release it to the public

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

A STALKER game thats more true to the novel where youre exploring a really deadly area, and every time you die you switch to a new character in the future and the old character becomes a cautionary tale

i would play that

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

an actual dog posted:

Dragon's Dogma style open world RPG that during combat switches to turn based, like XCOM. I like exploring in action-RPGs but I'm pretty much done with their combat, I think there's a lot of cool things you could do with turn based instead.

One of the big features of XCOM is that you get an exact probability for each shot, I think it would be cool to build a world where everyone knows the exact probability for everything.

that would be cool. i agree about the combat in open world stuff, it's pretty old.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

armored core game in the souls engine or a game in the souls engine where youre a robot trapped in an ancient hosed up colony ship

ah, this

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
FPS crimsonland type arena battles where you're moving quickly and destroying hordes of enemies, interspersed with building up your character, and doing zelda-style exploration

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's tony hawk but youre riding an embalmed/stuffed horse, grinding it off of stuff and doing flips. i've had fifteen years to workshop the concept since i first conceived of it and thats about as far as ive gotten

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
skateboarding is a genre i never really got into, but they also stopped making games, so

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

Randy! Randy, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Pitchford. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a game in the Fallout universe where you're a scavver for hire who gets missions to infiltrate really dangerous pre-war ruins to extract specific artifacts for clients. you drop in in power armor that you kit out before each mission, with certain armors being better suited for different tasks (E.g. mobility, rad resistance, tanking) and a set amount of gear, and then have to survive with what you find on the mission otherwise. apart from the target artifact, you also collect stuff that you sell in order to earn money to upgrade your armors and your base. there's a general overarching story, like armored core, where the missions you take and what you do determines the path of the story and what's available later.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

medieval madness the pinball table and its in my room! yes! my very own pinball table!

i was playing that this weekend. it's really good.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it would be cool to have a light RPG based game where a DM character introduces challenges, monsters, and story beats for a group of players. i think something like this existed, but it was really just moving sprites around a stage.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's mostly phil spector's idea, but i've always liked the one city block idea, where you set an RPG in a comparatively small, but super detailed and well simulated area.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Um... did you mean warren

lol, yeah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's cool to imagine phil spector's dream game, though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

its pretty much an open world game where theres so many low quality mechanics going on at once it seems awesome

fitting that he works for rockstar

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Consortium is kind of like this, it's super detailed and all set on one small ship. unfortunately it's completely insane and kind of sucks but it's compelling at least

this seems kind of cool, but i don't know that i'd have the patience to play it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a game where you're in some hacky FPS open world action RPG, but the main meat of the game is finding and exploiting console commands to shape the world around you instead of loot and grind.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
an open world rear end in a top hat physics game with really fun movement, set in a world where every person has a personal television feed captured through their eyes, and you get points / money / solve quests by causing as much mayhem as possible, thereby improving your ratings

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hey Archer666, I'm gonna need some help reading your Imp Zone application

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Archer666 posted:

I'd like to see a literal murder simulator. It'd be like one of those old simulators like Gunship where you have a button for everything, except you control every single bodily function of a human being. Your goal is to get out of bed, grab your gun, walk outside and shoot someone. But if you gently caress up something, it'll have instant consequences. Beat your heart too fast and you'll give yourself a heart attack, forget to absorb the oxygen into your bloodstream and you die from something like carbon monoxide poisoning. There will be 3 difficulty levels which determine how the body functions: Child, adult, old man (and a secret Boris Yeltsin mode when you wake up extremely drunk).

i feel like even looking at this guy's custom Fallout mod load order would be a federal crime

• Locked thread