Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My dream game is FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic dream game heroes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When I was a kid I'd always dream up all these kaiju games. I think a game where you make your own kaiju and then go out and wreck a big city environment would be awesome, especially if there was a multiplayer component so that other players would show up as "alien" kaiju and you'd fight them or you'd go "across the ocean" and invade different cities. It'd be even cooler if you could bring in a friend to tag team the evil kaiju. Think War of the Monsters but you create the monsters.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A more modern take on something like Lords of Midnight (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lords_of_Midnight) would be cool. A fantasy rpg where your enemies don't just wait around for the narrative to push them into you and actively plot and move against you basically. For example you might have to make decisions about which cities/keeps you're willing to lose forever in order to move your main group further ahead or something.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

Randy! Randy, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Pitchford. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

The insanely good monster designs in new Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest Heroes really make me want an action RPG Dragon Quest Monsters game. I feel like that franchise is a better fit for the whole open world 3D game that people always dream of than Pokemon and they've already got a great engine and a ton of models and animations. I just miss DQ Monsters....

This would be sick. DQ Monsters is honestly one of the best spinoffs of all time

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A sequel or spiritual sequel to Alpha Protocol in the Fox engine

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've always wanted an open world rpg where you can have or adopt a kid and then play as your kid after you die or get wounded. Not really as an predetermined plot point but something you could choose to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

its called a roguelike, just use your imagination friend

I want a persistent world, basically I want whatever game Dwarf Fortress will be in another decade

• Locked thread