Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
A game where you find people's info online and call their work, find out where they live, and harass them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

A game where you are a serial killer and someone else is on your trail

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Give me a new dq slime game

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lfmao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

I want a game that's basically the torneko chapter from DQIV for 30+ hours but I think that exists already.

It's on PSX

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bell_ posted:

My favorite part of Mass Effect 2 was when the aliens busted into the Normandy and started carrying everybody off and Joker was the POV: crawling around, losing his poo poo and getting taunted by the UI.

It was fun, tense, and I've been looking for something like that in other games (maybe I need to play SS-17?) I said then I would play an entire game of that moment, and I still would. Maybe even a small group of folks trying to escape a situation (please let it not be zombies, I'm sick of them) that can't be blasted through:

Scenario A: Wrong place, wrong time, wrong side of a rebellion: You and your friends live in a county made up of small towns/villages during post-Revolutionary War/Civil War/Modern Times. People in the area start the Whiskey Rebellion/Are in General Sherman's Way/do something stupid and President loving Washington/General Sherman/General {make up a name} sends a force effective enough to pulverize everything in the area that fully intends to (yes, I know the Whiskey Rebellion fled with their tails between their legs before anything got serious.) Any contribution to the renegade efforts would be limited to what these characters could do, and the goal in each case is to either escape or enable your friends/family to escape before everything is burned to the ground. I guess there's other situations you could pull from history which would be the same way from invasions to regimes forming police states.

Scenario B: Natural Disaster: You are not Gilgamesh, but thanks to storms (Hurricanes or otherwise) your poo poo is about to get underwater, and not because you flushed. Rule of law vanishes over time, the water rises and river currents become violently rapid. Survivors start to tend to forming into factions and gangs, and your character(s) will need to survive and keep look out for each other in time for the National Guard and FEMA to arrive, provide aid and establish order (which won't happen immediately when they arrive)

This is how every game of dwarf fortress goes for me

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same, DF is tl;dr for me too.

He’s a new recruit, cut him some slack

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I actually liked the post I just wanted to make the Dwarf Fortress joke.

Well gently caress You! Sorry. I haven’t had my coffee yet :D

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i was playing that this weekend. it's really good.

It’s like my favorite table ever

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bell_ posted:

I miss Bullfrog, too. And old Relic. And Origin. And pre-HALO Bungie. And Douglas J. Morgan.

Dungeon Keeper.... ultima.... gently caress

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bell_ posted:

And Myth. Holy crap was I bad at that game but I loved it so much.

I added Douglas J. Morgan because most 80's kids had a Commodore 64 but I had a TRS-80 with probably not even a hundredth of the library, but somehow this loving Sorcerer made a first person, real-time RPG with sound effects to help locate which monsters were closer when they weren't being sneaky which haunt my dreams to this day, Infocom-inspired text commands in a five-level labyrinth. The game came out in 1982 and was eight kilobytes in size. Dungeons of Daggorath, Color Baseball and Rogue (dived deep, but never beat it) defined my childhood. Mr. Morgan hasn't really made any other games I know of and has been too busy being an executive for decades to do so.

That’s badass

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bump

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Bell_ posted:

Romancing SaGa 2 might have done this too.

And I think Broken Chalice was supposed to as well, but I could only play so much of that without getting bored.

(You could argue that neither are open world and I won't fight it)

Faerie Tale Adventure for the Amiga would have qualified, if it were successors instead of three brothers.

Saga 2 did. Dragon quest 5 kinda too

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Considering how early were into the Switch’s lifespan, this could very well happen. In the meantime I’m going to savor this magnificent game.

Fun Fact: no nintendo system ever had 2 mario titles released on it.

Guess we will wait for switch 2

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

goferchan posted:

SMB 1, 2 & 3 on NES . Super Mario Land 1 & 2 on GB.... Galaxy 1 & 2 on Wii. And then you can argue stuff like Yoshi's Island and NSMB too

What the gently caress are you talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hey Archer666, I'm gonna need some help reading your Imp Zone application

• Locked thread