Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Goddamn, cousin!!! Youre on FIRE!!!

I mean, Fuchs probably couldve handled a couple of things differently. Correct me if Im wrong but hasnt the university decided to allow Spencers group to control ticket sales & have his groups security handle the event?

Oh, and :lol: Jameis

https://twitter.com/jameis__winston/status/918136204109008899

Jameis Winston
@Jameis__Winston
I luv crab legz, fwoda steat univercity, and footbal

I don't think that's him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Jameis Winston
@Jameis__Winston
I luv crab legz, fwoda steat univercity, and footbal

I don't think that's him

I don't know, he does luv crab legz, I think it checks out

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crab legs are delicious

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

The only correct way to deal with Spencer is with a swift and righteous knuckle sandwich.

I dont disagree but UFs own policy for outside group events is that the university controls tickets & sales. If you have to accept the horrifying thought of having Spencer & his ilk speak on campus at least allow for the possibility of people who dont agree with the message to attend.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Truly spoken like a sexual predator.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I dont disagree but UFs own policy for outside group events is that the university controls tickets & sales. If you have to accept the horrifying thought of having Spencer & his ilk speak on campus at least allow for the possibility of people who dont agree with the message to attend.

I don't know all the details so I can't really comment in any super nuanced way, but I'm not sure the correct assumption is "UF supports white supremacists."

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

I don't know all the details so I can't really comment in any super nuanced way, but I'm not sure the correct assumption is "UF supports white supremacists."

I was certainly being hyperbolic. But I also scratch my head about the let them speak & look the other way approach.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

I don't think that's him

Liar!!!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I was certainly being hyperbolic. But I also scratch my head about the let them speak & look the other way approach.

I agree. I think Nazis should be beaten back into their parents' basement.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
y'all getting fooled by fake twitter accounts in the age of blue checkmarks smdh

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

y'all getting fooled by fake twitter accounts in the age of blue checkmarks smdh

Im an old & still figuring the platform out. The time Ive wasted arguing with bots, until I learned the telltale signs, isnt inconsequential.

:smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status/918839439547301897

Also, UF can either let him speak and get it over with, or go into a protracted legal battle that will cost millions and fail resulting in him speaking anyways.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
gently caress Dabo and his good ol' boy baptizing bullshit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That player asked Dabo to baptize him and you root for Urban "God told me I had to coach you" Meyer

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVaDO9Sn8zo

Storming the field is a basic human right

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Haha wow I just got home and I had no idea that had happened until just now. Amazing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Haha wow I just got home and I had no idea that had happened until just now. Amazing.

Turn on Wazzu-Cal

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Thank god you posted this because I lost the original. It's my only worthwhile contribution to the internet.

That was you? I knew it came from here somewhere, it's very good work.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Trying to convince my buddy at the game to rush the field, via text

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
*gets Clemson score text*

:stare:

*gets Wazzu score text*

:holymoley:

Xort out here reaping souls early this weekend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Another soul claimed by the vaunted Carrier Dome

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Alas, the Cougs fell to their greatest weakness, a team a lot worse than them.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

Another soul claimed by the vaunted Carrier Dome

loving hate playing there and nothing has changed. McNabb beat VT on a last-second pass in '98, we needed a miracle Vick run to win in '00 when VT was still a top 5 team, and we lost a lovely 3 OT game in '02 not to mention what happened last year.

Nothing good comes from playing there.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
wheez was a fuckin junkie go Cal

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

That's certainly lovely

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not the best look but Wheez probably would have approved of drunken posts calling him out.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Other universities barred Spencer on grounds that they couldn't handle security. Unite the Right wasn't about protesting the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. It was manipulating the First Amendment and the city of Charlottesville to hold a violent rally. That was the plan all along. Florida should realize what they are getting themselves into. They are under no obligation to give Nazism a platform.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

MourningView posted:

That player asked Dabo to baptize him and you root for Urban "God told me I had to coach you" Meyer

Urban using god to recruit is also bullshit and I've taken a step back from being a big college football fan because of the hypocrisy involved with the entire sport.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

MourningView posted:

Talking about DeAndre Hopkins? I don't think Dabo was even there, he was baptized my the now local mega church pastor.

Also that game last night shucked, God is dead

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have the pic of Wheez with the we want Bama sign?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Komet posted:

Other universities barred Spencer on grounds that they couldn't handle security. Unite the Right wasn't about protesting the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. It was manipulating the First Amendment and the city of Charlottesville to hold a violent rally. That was the plan all along. Florida should realize what they are getting themselves into. They are under no obligation to give Nazism a platform.

no but since the right has spent the last few years bitching about free speech on campus they probably feel like they aren't in a position to tell him to gently caress off because a new group of assholes will descend upon them.

that bar offering beer for tickets has the right idea.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State told him to gently caress off and so far nothing has happened, though last I heard he was preparing to sue

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan State told him to gently caress off and so far nothing has happened, though last I heard he was preparing to sue

I was happy to see that. gently caress Nazis. Punch them forever.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Gonna be another 5 years before gameday considers going to pullman
:(

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

got any sevens posted:

Gonna be another 5 years before gameday considers going to pullman
:(

the roll of Mike Leach is as a spoiler, not a favorite

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the roll of Mike Leach is as a spoiler, not a favorite

He spoiled his own chances this year, so it makes sense.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cincinnati is letting Richard Spencer speak which is a recipe for disaster if you know anything at all about the racial history of cincinnati

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cincinnati is letting Richard Spencer speak which is a recipe for disaster if you know anything at all about the racial history of cincinnati

Send Matt Christman back to Cincy and have him scream from the back of the room the whole time

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Geico gecko seems like something that would be very unsafe, from people stepping on him, to someone trying to capture and keep him as a pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

We've been a lot better lately. We actually just became a refugee City purely to spite Donald.

But yeah if you're referring to the areas outside of the city proper whoa boy...

• Locked thread