Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
PYF Michigan sad moments. Here's just one to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv48MwEbaQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
As a Michigan State fan I have now resumed the two-year absent tradition of delighted evil cackling.

hehehehehehehehehehehehe.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

I'm glad to see him being successful but goddamn do I miss him. :smith:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yellow Heartbreak Cobra, best cobra.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Bucky

v: Bitch.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

At the time I was actually thinking we should have hired that Kuglowski dude as DC instead of Kevin Steele but actually it turns out Kevin Steele loving rules.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Aggies played well tonight. I doubt we'll see this version of the team every week, but it was nice to see them tonight nonetheless.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nebraska (still) bad

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i have been watching football for 12 hours and 40 minutes and counting, without stop

i watched oklahoma go from 17-3 to losing to iowa st

i watched texas win, and michigan lose

today is glorious

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'll take a win over the purple wizard any day. Tied for first in the big 12 :)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Shoot if no one's gonna then I'll do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zpDEsqrbs

(Man Thom Brennaman sucks at calling the big moments from his mile-long nostril)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/916869461059231744

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

At least FSU is the best 1-3 team in the country. With 3 quality losses, I still feel like they have the resume needed to be ranked by the playoff committee.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dilber posted:

At least FSU is the best 1-3 team in the country. With 3 quality losses, I still feel like they have the resume needed to be ranked by the playoff committee.

Counterpoint: 3 losses.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this day is so great i briefly forgot fsu's late loss

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
So last year I decided to step away from CFB a bit because I felt I was getting too worked up about wins and losses.

I'm sure as gently caress glad I did that because if I still cared I'd be apoplectic with rage at this burning poo poo-show of an FSU season.

I'm not 100% sure we will win a single game from here on out. This is the most snakebit FSU team I can remember watching and I've watched a bunch. Something is obviously straight-up capital-letters Wrong With This Team. I'd feel genuine anxiety if we had to play the loving IMG Academy 2nd-stringers at this point.

I wonder if 1-11 would convince Jimbo to change some staff. We might find out! :ohdear:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The atmosphere at Kyle Field was electric. Most fun I have ever had at a losing game

Ralker
Sep 2, 2008
Grimey Drawer
gently caress a Nole and gently caress a Sooner!

Go rotating weather bird teams!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Ok, so there's the official National Champions, but there's also the Championship Belt, where the Belt goes to whoever beats the current holder of the Belt.

Iowa State currently owns the Plant The Flag. Someone has to beat ISU at ISU to Plant the Flag.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Most of the West in the AAC is better than about half of the Big 12.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna go start a "has bert been fired" website because he needs to go.

Unfortunately with a buyout of $15 million we are probably stuck with him until January 1st, when it drops to a paltry $11.7 million.

Probably stuck with him until January 1, 2019 :negative:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, so there's the official National Champions, but there's also the Championship Belt, where the Belt goes to whoever beats the current holder of the Belt.

Iowa State currently owns the Plant The Flag. Someone has to beat ISU at ISU to Plant the Flag.

Next up is Kansas. Rock Chalk Bitch.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For the first time in history, both Washington teams will be ranked in the AP Top 10 at the same time :feelsgood:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

C. Everett Koop posted:

Next up is Kansas. Rock Chalk Bitch.
App State had the Belt for a while, it could happen.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

iospace posted:

N: Bucky

v: Bitch.

i've been over at the huskerboard enjoying this win

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Some other Mizzou fan around here chastised me for being pissed that Odom couldn't get along with Kuligowski and basically ran him off back when that happened. Or maybe the story was Kul wanted to be promoted to DC or something. Anyway it was their theory that Odom is more important than Coah Kul.

Which makes sense in a vacuum, I mean you need to let the HC run the program or you should never have hired him more than you need to keep the DL coach happy.

But less than 2 years later Missouri is more awful than they've ever been on defense since at least the 80s, Barry Odom is marking time until he's fired, and Kuligowski is predictably absolutely owning things as usual.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 8, 2017

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Oregon's defense isn't the raging dumpster fire it was last season and if it weren't for all of the injuries (get well Justin Herbert) they'd probably be a pretty good team. Here's hoping they can knock off a couple more of the weaker Pac 12 teams with a third string quarterback and go bowling this year.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Benne posted:

For the first time in history, both Washington teams will be ranked in the AP Top 10 at the same time :feelsgood:

I live in Seattle so it's easy to go to UW games, but I feel a sense of comradery for state schools. For whom should I cheer?

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

CannonFodder posted:

I wish so much that this idea catches momentum and actually happens. I'd love to see the flag planting championship carry from week to week and arrive in random places.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

resident posted:

I live in Seattle so it's easy to go to UW games, but I feel a sense of comradery for state schools. For whom should I cheer?

cougs

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

resident posted:

As a UW alum i'd prob be happier if the cougs won the natty. Pirate coach, force espn to finally do gameday there

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Benne posted:

Where is the Apple Cup this year?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao (this is in reaction to McDoom dropping a pass)
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/916868925396307968

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where is the Apple Cup this year?

At Washington, I looked it up wondering if maybe Wazzu would have a chance at gameday but nope. Their only other even slightly possible gameday game would be against Stanford, but #1 Stanford cannot lose before that game and #2 the rest of the games that week would probably need to kinda suck.

They might have had a shot with Colorado if they were goodish again this year but they just dropped three straight so that isn't happening.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

resident posted:

when in doubt, cook some great food and root for wheez :unsmith:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina bodied Arkansas in a way they haven't played against a Power 5 opponent in quite a while. It was also our first win against an SEC West opponent since 2013 (!). There are still plenty of issues that need to be cleaned up, but I'm really happy for this team and especially the defense. They've been the backbone of the squad this year and really deserved some fun, so it was awesome to see them explode with three (3!) TDs today. Oh, and this game was absolutely a must-win for bowl hopes. Good poo poo, Cocks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

Good poo poo, Cocks.

Saw a stat earlier that you'll probably enjoy, this isn't up to date but at some point in the second quarter today Missouri had been outscored 130-20 since they led South Carolina 10-0.

Missouri was likely bad anyway, but if there was a turning point where the season absolutely went to poo poo it's when they decided to kick to Deebo.

Oh poo poo gently caress me, I'd completely spaced on Deebo breaking his leg, so that probably isn't a stat you'd like :(

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 8, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'm so glad he never quit the blow.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Repurposing this cool and good tweet from a few years ago
https://twitter.com/l_bell26/status/655524708515975168?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

College football was freaking awesome this weekend. Go Sparty, go loving Iowa State. The next three games are going to suck for Penn State, so I'm enjoying this while I can and look forward to more vicarious living next week.

• Locked thread