Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Good game and win for Washington but ESPN can gently caress right off, between Gameday and the announcers that was some bush league poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Saw a stat earlier that you'll probably enjoy, this isn't up to date but at some point in the second quarter today Missouri had been outscored 130-20 since they led South Carolina 10-0.

Missouri was likely bad anyway, but if there was a turning point where the season absolutely went to poo poo it's when they decided to kick to Deebo.

This kind of makes me sad actually, because I miss Deebo.

Seriously, though, I can't muster up any kind of animus toward Missouri with the level of poo poo y'all are obviously dealing with right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

This kind of makes me sad actually, because I miss Deebo.

Yeah I actually just now was editing that post because I completely spaced on that. That injury sucks :(

Do you know if he has a shot at a medical redshirt? Although he might not stay long enough to use it anyway I guess.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gently caress Sanchez and gently caress SDSU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Nebraska

sssssuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkksssss

Anywho, college football still good and my children are beautiful. And I ate beer brats tonight. So on a personal level it's a win.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
QB whisperer

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Someone please beat SDSU and show their smug rear end fans a shred of hardship

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So if I'm the Big 12, I'm taking all my refs into a room and saying "do whatever it takes to keep TCU perfect" because if they drop a game the Big 12 is going to miss on the CFP for a 4th year.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Manoueverable posted:

Good game and win for Washington but ESPN can gently caress right off, between Gameday and the announcers that was some bush league poo poo

What was that cupcake poo poo?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just poppin' in to say gently caress Michigan one more time before I go to bed, God Bless and Go Green!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaO7QTPWzYg

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Manoueverable posted:

I'm trying not to get worked up about this, both because the schedule talk is kinda true (we haven't beaten anyone worth a drat yet and the Colorado win quickly lost its shine), and we still made the playoffs last year with a bad non-con, so take care of business and it might not matter in the end.

On the other hand, this is the narrative going forward and ugggghhhh I'm already dreading the next two months. Whatevs, just keep winning.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Fuckin ESPN trying to throw Pete under the bus. Give me a break.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, this is not the difference in the game at all by any means and it's Missouri's fault for calling a play that was easily tackled in bounds for no meaningful gain but check out the umpire here:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/916869320612904960

Smart move by that UK guy if he casually hit the ball on purpose, it seems unlikely that Moore would have dropped it on his own, or at least dropped it in a fashion where it rolled all the way over there.

e: Not sure why that isn't embedding.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
So I totally watched horror movies all night instead of football and I'm a bad fan

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I can see the game going a few different ways. I don't think Utah will be able to fully corral Stanford's running game even on their best night and Utah's offense is unremarkable so far. I think either Utah wins a close game or they get behind early and flail to try to catch up while Stanford controls the clock.

But it looks like the game went a pretty predictable fashion. Utah's defense was good but still broke once against a very good rusher. That play put them down far enough that they actually had to trust their offense to perform in a dire situation. The offense did not. Stanford won and deserved it. Utah did not fall behind early but I'm still giving myself a gold star for guessing how this would go.

Utah's gonna lose next week but should still go bowling with room to breathe. It'll still be a fine season.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crotch Bat posted:

So if I'm the Big 12, I'm taking all my refs into a room and saying "do whatever it takes to keep TCU perfect" because if they drop a game the Big 12 is going to miss on the CFP for a 4th year.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I lust for Big 12 death.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I lust for Big 12 death.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I lust for Big 12 death.

A big 12 playoff team wouldn't put up 0 vs Clemson. Put a B12 team in, kick the big 10 out.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Unify both bigs so they're actually a big conference

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I lust for Big 12 death.

This just confuses me, it isn't like the Big 12 is holding Texas hostage.

Well they kind of are with the grant of rights I suppose, but that only happened because Texas decided they wanted the Big 12 to continue existing enough to sign it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Crotch Bat posted:

Nah - OU made the playoff, so we are 1/3 so far!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Grittybeard posted:

This just confuses me, it isn't like the Big 12 is holding Texas hostage.

Well they kind of are with the grant of rights I suppose, but that only happened because Texas decided they wanted the Big 12 to continue existing enough to sign it.

Fans have different opinions than administrators. Most fans think LHN is stupid and never watch it, but the admin loves the $30MM we get every year. The admin does not want to schedule A&M as an OOC game, the fans all want it. The fans think the Big XII sucks and would much rather be in the Pac-12, but the admin likes the Big XII because it allows them to collect their money from LHN.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
most people i know were really eager way back when for that Pac-12 merger, and have been like, accepting of reality since, but if you bring that up it's all nostalgia-eyed "maaaaan"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sab0921 posted:

Fans have different opinions than administrators. Most fans think LHN is stupid and never watch it, but the admin loves the $30MM we get every year. The admin does not want to schedule A&M as an OOC game, the fans all want it. The fans think the Big XII sucks and would much rather be in the Pac-12, but the admin likes the Big XII because it allows them to collect their money from LHN.

I can appreciate that, but knowing that the Longhorn Network isn't going away until ESPN can get out of it (at which point ESPN will run away screaming and laughing), and knowing that it's a complete non-starter for the Pac-12 as far as joining them...shouldn't you guys want the Big 12 to survive as the most viable conference it can be in the meantime?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sab0921 posted:

Nah - OU made the playoff, so we are 1/3 so far!

I totally forgot. Still, the Big 12.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Mark Richt

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/RG80_/status/916816917377282049

Hell yeah FSU former players are really airing their disappointment in the team on twitter

Get to firing, Jimbo.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I actually just now was editing that post because I completely spaced on that. That injury sucks :(

Do you know if he has a shot at a medical redshirt? Although he might not stay long enough to use it anyway I guess.

There's still a slim chance he returns before the end of the season, but it's doubtful. They haven't really said anything about a redshirt or not yet.

Game was fun. Defense was playing like they were on fire, and if the offense just settles down and executes I think they could make Kurt Roper actually look pretty competent. Rico Dowdle was running like he wanted to hurt somebody, too, which was good to see.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/status/91687660887470489

https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/916865763943776256

:smug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Reposting my favorite thing from the GDT for anyone who didn't see it

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/916704182123548672

Funniest thing I've seen all year

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

423 yards on the ground today against Vandy

https://twitter.com/dawgsports/status/916727018137489408

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, so there's the official National Champions, but there's also the Championship Belt, where the Belt goes to whoever beats the current holder of the Belt.

Iowa State currently owns the Plant The Flag. Someone has to beat ISU at ISU to Plant the Flag.

Congrats to future flag planters the Kansas Jayhawks.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Relevant

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/916786455468371968

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

Reposting my favorite thing from the GDT for anyone who didn't see it

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/916704182123548672

Funniest thing I've seen all year

wtf? It's like a broken AI.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

LLCoolJD posted:

wtf? It's like a broken AI.

To be a little fair to the guy, the press booths at Glass Bowl are waaaaayyyyyyy up high

and given how that ball bounced off the kid's hands at the end I can see how he'd gently caress it up. Toledo's radio crew originally thought it did the same thing.

:siren: ALSO BOWLING GREEN DOESN'T LOSE GAME :siren:

THANKS, POORLY LINED UP MIAMI FULLBACK

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey gently caress Doug Nussmeier - just fwiw

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/beecoxx/status/916805684657827840

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
I didn't catch the game. Were the Noles sloppy as poo poo? Because that's what I've taken away from the little football I've watched or heard (cut cable last year but have Sirius).

Seems like a staff problem to me but what do I know

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bama won if anyone was wondering. That's cool and good; it wasn't even a blowout.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Has Michigan been relevant since Bo died? Someone give me some outside perspective here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is the worst team in the big ten and i struggle to see where they'll actually get another win

• Locked thread