Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am rooting for whatever gets Nuss fired the fastest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Mac has seemingly tethered his UF career to the man.

Fire him now, SpurDog as interim HC, hire Chip Kelly, hire Ron Zook as special teams coach to recruit.

I am willing to give up medicine to be Florida's AD.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

Saban and Urbz both won champions in their third seasons and Michigan fans and espn treat harbaugh like he is in that league, so i dunno if that excuse holds up.

And as much as I hate James franklin he seems to be doing pretty well in his third season as well (so far)

Urbz won in his 2nd and 4th at UF.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I don't like because of all the poo poo that came out in Tebow longform article in SI.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

Do you mind elaborating?

https://www.si.com/longform/tebow/index.html

Check section 3 "Why was Tim Tebow at a bar with Aaron Hernandez?"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Oh man I forgot about that article :stare:

The favoritism on the team was pretty poisonous, although I think it eventually cooled off.

Although the Heisman lost legitimacy much much earlier (Hornung maybe?), the real moment it clicked how bullshit it is was when Grossman came in 2nd to Crouch.

Total. loving. Bullshit.

There was also a blatant and massive orchestrated campaign among Big 12 writers to simply not vote for Tebow, or rank him last on the ballot to make sure Bradford got it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I assumed UF had like a gator enclosure on campus kinda like LSU has for Mike and they just borrowed the chillest one there for these photos.

Those unis are still horrific rear end that UF should never don again. I guess the shoes are kinda cool though those would be fine to keep around.

Not really, they just live all around campus. Occasionally when one gets real big and looks like it has nested near dorms, they will remove it. There was a 10 footer that resided in the pond across the street from my dorm (in front of another dorm) that was there for like a year or two before they finally removed it as it had been creeping closer and closer to the dorm.

I also once hit an alligator with my car driving home one night while on campus. Its pretty surprising how lax the policy was with them.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

I think given their numbers, their lack of aggression towards people, and the scarcity of attacks and fatalities it's just easier to let common sense win out than unleashing some gator task force that would be doing non-stop work forever.

I get that, but literally having an alligator live within 75 feet of the entrance to a dorm and only 20 feet from the sidewalk seems like a massive lawsuit waiting to happen. Like, I don't expect them to try and clear out Lake Alice or any of the streams that run through campus, but you would think that any sizable gator that lived near dorms would be relocated just to avoid the disaster of having a gator attack a student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status/918839439547301897

Also, UF can either let him speak and get it over with, or go into a protracted legal battle that will cost millions and fail resulting in him speaking anyways.

• Locked thread