Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The important thing about the coaches poll is to never refer to Amway whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/FAU_Football/status/916844515834593281

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

Remember when Facebook was just college kids posting pics from Halloween parties and not an existential threat to Western Democracy?

Those were good times, lots of pictures that eventually got deleted

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chump Farts posted:

Serious question, but why are Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State all shoved into one hell division? The west seems like it will be Wisconsin's to lose more often than not, with Iowa sprinkled in. Maybe Nebraska if they start being good again.

They are all in the East. That's all.

When the Big Ten tried to mix things up, it turned out badly, then adding two more eastern teams gave them an out to just go East and West.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I was just about to say, do you not remember the leaders and legends bullshit?

Well Michigan's fight song says the leaders and best, so that means that they were in the legends division. Ohio State was in the opposite division so that was the Leaders. Wisconsin and Penn State were also which I remember because of 2011 when Bert managed to win the conference while finishing third in his division. I remember Wisconsin playing Sparty once in the Big Ten championship so they must have been in Legends and I remember Wisconsin absolutely hammering Nebraska that one time so Nebraska must have also been in the Legends.

I have no recollection of what division anyone else was in.

Off the top of my head...

The Division With Michigan
Michigan
Michigan State
Nebraska
Northwestern
Indiana
Minnesota

The Division Without Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Illinois
Iowa
Wisconsin

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'll never separate Ohio State and Michigan because they don't want to a) move the game from the final week and b) play two games in a row potentially between those two teams.

You're more likely to get Michigan State and Penn State on the same side with OSU/Penn St and Michigan/MSU always playing.

This was the actual set-up from 2011-2013.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

They were literally in separate divisions already. He was trying to guess who was in the legends and leaders (and not coming close at all fwiw)

My only mistake was putting Iowa and Indiana in the wrong divisions.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

D.N. Nation posted:

This was always going to be a transitional year for Michigan; the early high rankings were a little silly. Year 1, Harbaugh wins 10 games with Brady Hoke's team. Year 2, are legitimately screwed in Columbus out of a division title, win 10 and go to a NY6 bowl. They'll be fine, though that was a really really stupid loss Saturday.

All of this is true.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Marquis de Pyro posted:

In Mark Dantonio's 3rd year at MSU he went 6-7.

I mean, I get it, lots of Michigan fans are annoying and acted like Harbaugh would win the national title every year from year 1. They were dumb though. This team won 5 games the year before Harbaugh got here. I'm sure at the time you were happy to talk about how Michigan sucked, had limited talent, and MSU was clearly the better team. And you weren't wrong.

So, I mean, no, I'm not really ready to say "actually our coach sucks and we're going to be bad forever" because we lost a game by 4 points after turning it over 5 times in a monsoon. Sorry. At least we lost with dignity or whatever

At the end of the day, Michigan lost a ton of talent to the NFL, and aren't at the place Ohio State is, where the depth exists to replace NFLers with more future NFLers.

The same thing happened to Michigan State in 2016, and they went 3-9. Michigan's closer to Ohio State than Michigan State in terms of success after major roster turnover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Geico gecko seems like something that would be very unsafe, from people stepping on him, to someone trying to capture and keep him as a pet.

• Locked thread