Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina bodied Arkansas in a way they haven't played against a Power 5 opponent in quite a while. It was also our first win against an SEC West opponent since 2013 (!). There are still plenty of issues that need to be cleaned up, but I'm really happy for this team and especially the defense. They've been the backbone of the squad this year and really deserved some fun, so it was awesome to see them explode with three (3!) TDs today. Oh, and this game was absolutely a must-win for bowl hopes. Good poo poo, Cocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Saw a stat earlier that you'll probably enjoy, this isn't up to date but at some point in the second quarter today Missouri had been outscored 130-20 since they led South Carolina 10-0.

Missouri was likely bad anyway, but if there was a turning point where the season absolutely went to poo poo it's when they decided to kick to Deebo.

This kind of makes me sad actually, because I miss Deebo.

Seriously, though, I can't muster up any kind of animus toward Missouri with the level of poo poo y'all are obviously dealing with right now.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I actually just now was editing that post because I completely spaced on that. That injury sucks :(

Do you know if he has a shot at a medical redshirt? Although he might not stay long enough to use it anyway I guess.

He would definitely be eligible for one, but it sounds like he's still trying to make it back at some point this season, so that's obviously off the table if he does. No one's really sure what the plan is at the moment, but I'm in favor of not trying to rush him back.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It's going to suck when we lose to Tennessee despite them being an out of control trash fire right now.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I dont even know why you think it's a possibility. You've beaten us the past two years and thats when we've had MUCH better teams than we do this year. Y'all are gonna win by like 2TDs

That's just it, though -- the UT-USC games never really make sense. I feel like we tend to beat you guys when we shouldn't, and we've dropped some head-scratching games to y'all when we've had really good teams (I will never get over 2013). There's also the fact that Knoxville is a house of horrors for us, and we've had probably two good performances there in total. I absolutely think we can win, I just wouldn't be surprised if there was some late game Butch Jones fuckery that gives us the L.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I can't believe that UF uniform is real. It looks like a really bad Photoshop from a fan board or Reddit or something.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee has announced it has benched Quentin Dormady, and redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano will start against South Carolina.

Dude's gonna light us up, guaranteed. This always happens to us whenever a team's starter is ruled out or benched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Rashad Fenton is a South Carolina cornerback who hasn't allowed any touchdowns this year, and he gave up only 45 yards in his "worst" game. Tyler Byrd is a Tennessee receiver who has two (2) catches this season.

https://twitter.com/D1fuzzymuffin17/status/918467819033030657

:thunk:

• Locked thread