Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'll take a win over the purple wizard any day. Tied for first in the big 12 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Enjoy this gem from the shaggy game thread:

"The crowd was lacking big time. Thought I was tuning into a high school game. Austin Millennials should be rounded up via pickup trucks with beer drinking rednecks and forced to scrub the guano poo poo from the stadium. I'm so tired of the "me" generation that my 17 year old son isn't allowed to look at his loving phone when he's at home. He has no Facebook account and I don't put up with any GD whining. It's their helicopter fag parents and liberals that created this touchy feely mess we have in Austin. A good war would change all of this imho."

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Well Mizzou is possibly a bad example since we'd been trying to get into the Big 10 forever for whatever reason. But never super seriously until we wanted to get away from you. The conference was rock solid for, what, 60 or 80 years? Big 6 to Big 8 included I guess.

The expansion happened and it screwed everything up. Texas wanted a bigger piece of the pie and got it. They were unwilling to even think about some equal sharing thing, and yes, the other schools were dumb to let that happen.

I guess...explain to me how it's anyone's fault other than Texas desperately making sure they got all the money? Well other than being dumb and agreeing to poo poo Texas wanted? And yes, all the other schools were dumb and/or desperate. So are the other schools still in the Big 12 other than OU for keeping the charade up.

Inviting Texas to the conference was ultimately self defeating, even though it brought in some early money.

To put it shortly, thank loving god my school, as lovely as it is in sports, is no longer in a conference with Texas.

Sounds like the other schools should've bootstrapped harder. The Texas way. Bully and bootstrap till death. And lose to Kansas too

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Okay it's all our fault, now we can stop the bitter rehashing and focus on how awesome it is that Iowa state beat OU.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Oh and go bobcats tonight!!!!! Gonna destroy some Cajuns

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

If you think there's no difference between Nebraska and Texas in this scenario other than Nebraska being very dumb and Texas being very manipulative you're beyond convincing. So :allears: back at ya.

Bevos nipples were chapped from poor helpless nebraskas suckling and we had to sever to avoid amputation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

an adult beverage posted:

This is the dude who wrangled that gator for the photo shoot:

https://youtu.be/ZRJ_tgwyLUM

Welp you've inspired me to waste most of my upcoming weekend on rewatching reno 911.

• Locked thread