Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I missed everything in the last five hours, so color me extremely surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

score doesn't reflect it, but PSU looked like garbage for most of the game yesterday, Northwestern's awful defense shut down Barkley and the non-existent offense kept giving Penn State the ball on the 50 for the entire second half until the defense gassed out. An actual Big Ten team can beat them.

I was very frustrated that everything seemed to be "Barkley can't run? TRACE DRAW PLAY!!!!" instead of unleashing the dragon, which worked a ton last year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Zero.

Facts matter little to the kind of person who'll ignore that millenials have fought the longest war in American history, and spent a subset of that time fighting two wars concurrently.

But yeah, 'war is great for making real men' or whatever idyllic WWII horseshit some shitheel from Texas wants to peddle.

But such a vanishingly small number of us actually had to join, let alone see combat!

Nevermind that almost no one actually saw combat during WWII even, as a percentage of the overall troop strength and casualty rates have never been high enough to "thin out" a generation in the US, even accounting for the appalling death rate is in the Civil War.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think Wisconsin was Penn State's other division team. I know it wasn't Nebraska, because that was the one I'd have preferred.

The team splits from the Leaders and Legends days probably would have been fun in the long term, but they poisoned it with the moron names. I wish they'd gone with vaguely regional names like "Rivers and Lakes" or "Steel and Corn."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

wernox posted:

I can't imagine Penn State had any clout, that was all going down while the Sandusky scandal was breaking.

In a more sane world, perhaps. But Barry Alvarez said as much. The Big Ten had to grab at least one eastern team to keep Penn State from exploring options and, in turn, locking the conference out of the sweet sweet North East Corridors market.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Remember that time Jim Harbaugh won an important game

The 2012-13 NFC Championship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't read those names as anything other than Normandy and Guantanamo.

• Locked thread