Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is a thread for posting about the losing Oklahoma Sooner football team.

https://twitter.com/CycloneFB/status/916752056618233857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

big money big clit posted:

Iowa State gonna ruin another Oklahoma team's chances at a natty.

Owns.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GobiasIndustries posted:

Iowa State Football

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Football owns.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

resident posted:

Be on the lookout for two doofuses wearing Iowa State jerseys at the Washington-Cal game on ESPN. My friend and I have second row tickets and feel we've earned the occasion to wear jerseys of a team that isn't even playing.

Godspeed.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TipTow posted:

I was really, really, really sad after the game.

Then a few minutes ago I remembered Thoguh existed. Got on here, was glad to see Thoguh got the aftermath thread up, and want to congratulate him and the Cyclones on a well-deserved win. I sincerely hope y'all go bowling this year.

Now that that is typed out, I am sad again. And will be for a while.

You'll get used to it. We all do.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I checked in to it and apparently Iowa State beat Oklahoma at football today.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, so there's the official National Champions, but there's also the Championship Belt, where the Belt goes to whoever beats the current holder of the Belt.

Iowa State currently owns the Plant The Flag. Someone has to beat ISU at ISU to Plant the Flag.

Congrats to future flag planters the Kansas Jayhawks.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Receiving Votes mother fuckers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Happy Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week everybody.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

When was the last time that happened? Might be over 10 years ago.

I think the season we beat Oklahoma State we got some votes. So 6-7 years maybe?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

"unfollow [name]" and "hide all from [page]" are the best facebook features by a landslide. They're super easy ways to help clean up your feed

Every once in a while I'll go back and add back in people I've unfollowed and that normally lasts about 5 minutes as I'm reminded why I hid them in the first place.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Welcome to Tuesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State week.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The Iowa State Cyclones defeated the Oklahoma Sooners in a game of college football this past Saturday.

Welcome to Wednesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

Yo, Texas is tied with one other team for the lead in the Big 12.

And a happy Thursday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week to you as well.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Happy Friday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

Interesting that the Big 10 who does nothing but chase media markets thought that Omaha, Nebraska was worth adding. And the Pac 12 was all over Boulder, Colorado. And the SEC thought the St Louis & KC markets were worth their time.

The Big 12 didn't get a big tv deal when everyone else did because Texas didn't care about anyone else in the conference (other than slightly OU, since they'd like to keep playing OU) and wasn't willing to consider the option. Once one or two of either the grant of rights runs out or ESPN can drop the LHN Texas will 100% be shopping themselves around again or looking to screw their pet conference even more to keep it alive.

You keep calling me mad, I'm not as mad as you want me to be. I just see no reason to let a Texas homer get away with re-writing history. The Big 8 would have died anyway, I can agree with that. The Big 12 as originally composed died directly because of Texas, and teams not wanting to put up with Texas.

Big XII schools are making out pretty well overall, a lot more than the Pac-12 and pretty comparable to the ACC, with schools like Texas and Oklahoma that are getting bank for their third tier rights making as much or more than anybody in the Big 10 or SEC.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Power conference expansion ruined everything and round robin is the best

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Didn't they hit a school just a couple years ago because they allowed any student to add/drop classes the first couple of weeks and even though it was just part of how that school worked the NCAA said it didn't matter and hit them with moderate sanctions?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Baylor won't get hit by sanctions because the NCAA will determine that the school was actually cool with any student committing rape, not just athletes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jivesauce posted:

edit: jesus what is this avatar?

No but if they're anything like me they do say a silent prayer that A&M remains garbage forever and ever amen every time they write it.

I don't say it, but it is implied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CannonFodder posted:

And this concludes Iowa State Cyclones defeated Oklahoma Sooners week.

The hell you say, Oklahoma Lost To Iowa State week doesn't conclude until we lose to Kansas tomorrow.

• Locked thread