Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's kind of pointless to argue who should or should not go to the playoffs before at least the beginning of November. A week ago, everyone assumed OU would be undefeated. A lot can and will happen in the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Remember when Facebook was just college kids posting pics from Halloween parties and not an existential threat to Western Democracy?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Russian-influenced right-wing garbage

This is why I unfollowed my dad

In other news, Michigan @ Penn State in two weeks has been announced as a night game, white out

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I was under the impression that there was some flexibility in the Big Ten divisions as far as competitiveness is concerned. Purdue might be reasonably competitive in another year or two, but it's hard not seeing Wisconsin winning 80% of the time.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

oh man another night game for them? Don't tell Chris Petersen.

It's the third and, likely final regular season night game. The only one scheduled before the season was Georgia State at home, and that was for the BTN to have something to show in prime time. I doubt Franklin is going to complain about it. It's a tremendous home field advantage.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Reminder that the Big Ten is in this predicament because Jim Delany invited Rutgers and Maryland thinking the Big East/ACC would collapse together, forcing Notre Dame into the conference.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Big Ten should go back to ten, play a round robin schedule.

Big East
-----------
Penn State
Notre Dame
Miami
West Virginia
Pitt
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers (every conference needs a poo poo team)

edit: I'm actually kidding because the Big Ten academic consortium is too important to the university, but it's still an interesting conference lineup

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I think the ACC would gladly add Penn State to make 16 with ND with they wanted to leave the Big 10. Which they never will because the money is too good. We've made clear how we feel about WVU, we dislike it so much we'd rather have cheatin hooker buyin Louisville in the conference than WVU. No one wants Rutgers back to the AAC with you.

There was a rumor, and I'm not sure how credible it was, that Penn State had threatened to leave the Big Ten for the ACC, and the addition of regional rivals in Maryland and Rutgers was a concession.

I wouldn't want Penn State in the ACC for a variety of reasons.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea you're right. He still took a dumpster fire to the rose bowl last year and Michigan probably has two more regular season losses in them

Edit: poo poo I just learned Michigan has one only one championship since 1970.

I'm not sure what you mean. Penn State was legitimately good in the second half of last season after some people got back from injury.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sash! posted:

I can't read those names as anything other than Normandy and Guantanamo.

Thank God I am not alone

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Welcome to Wednesday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week.

God bless us, everyone

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Raku posted:

God it would be fun as poo poo to watch Gruden get steamrolled by Saban

This has never occurred to me, but yes, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Other universities barred Spencer on grounds that they couldn't handle security. Unite the Right wasn't about protesting the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. It was manipulating the First Amendment and the city of Charlottesville to hold a violent rally. That was the plan all along. Florida should realize what they are getting themselves into. They are under no obligation to give Nazism a platform.

• Locked thread