Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So if I'm the Big 12, I'm taking all my refs into a room and saying "do whatever it takes to keep TCU perfect" because if they drop a game the Big 12 is going to miss on the CFP for a 4th year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sab0921 posted:

Nah - OU made the playoff, so we are 1/3 so far!

I totally forgot. Still, the Big 12.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Dilber posted:

Mark Walton out for the season. Congrats VT on the coastal title.

Homer is good but yea, you guys have a serious depth issue now.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I mean, he's not wrong.

See, that's a bad post, El Penis.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

My favorite part is the parent thinking their kid doesn't have a FB account because he doesn't need it, not realizing that FB is old garbage used by even older garbage people and nobody under 20 uses it for anything anymore. FB is hot diarrhea your racist relatives use to post "I stand" memes.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alaois posted:

my favorite part of the post is how he calls other people helicopter parents and then immediately says that he controls what his son does at home

Why can't Millenials just not go to college (or go and spend like 5 grand in 4 years), acquire a lifelong job in their early 20s that will support them, two kids and spouse, and buy a house at 23 they'll pay off before they're 45 like their Boomer parents. It's so easy!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I get a ton of satisfaction from how lovely conference realignment has been by and large except for VT forcing their way in at figurative gunpoint (our governor forced UVA to vote us in) and being ridiculously successful across the board and skyrocketing VT to a place they would never have approached otherwise.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Harbaugh's QBs have been Rudock, Speight, and O'Korn

Yeesh

Michigan fans had a bunch of faith in Speight and everyone in Virginia that saw him play had the same quizzical look when Michigan went after him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

nate fisher posted:

This feels like a hail mary by Butch to save his job. We will see.

That's exactly what it is, nothing more nothing less.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

So honest question but why do some of you hate Urbz? Is it because he's a rival head coach and beat(s) you often or did you not like his reason for leaving UF or what?

I mean, if I'm a UF fan I'm hating him forever but that didn't directly affect me so I don't really dislike the guy, especially not when this sport is figuratively awash in a sea of coaches who are lovely human beings.

Asking just because of recent pages and also having a talk with my dad and one of his friends. They intensely dislike him, I'm totally neutral and if he was my HC I would loving love him because all he does is recruit like a maniac and win a whole bunch.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I don't get why you'd think Florida fans do or should hate Urbz. I don't know of any that do

That one was more of just me saying "well if you're a UF fan it's understandable at least" rather than actually suggesting they all hate him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

There was a safety in D3 this week with 5 INTs. :staredog:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

A D3 school cut a player for kneeling during the anthem :\

They decided to do a pre-anthem protest and nobody was allowed to deviate and this guy decided to do otherwise.

iospace posted:

What team?

Framingham State.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Gators have an overbite, crocs have an underbite (e: not exactly this but the results are the same). It's not impossible to spot some bottom teeth on gators, just nowhere near as bad as crocs. Gators also have U-shaped snouts and crocs have a V-shape.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 12, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I think given their numbers, their lack of aggression towards people, and the scarcity of attacks and fatalities it's just easier to let common sense win out than unleashing some gator task force that would be doing non-stop work forever.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I was listening to some Vol podcast because Fuente got brought up (and the guy on there said he thinks there's no way Fuente leaves and especially not for an SEC school) and he said Fulmer, Kiffin, and Dooley never survived their last season fully so if they keep with tradition, so to speak, the axe should fall on Jones soon.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

*gets Clemson score text*

:stare:

*gets Wazzu score text*

:holymoley:

Xort out here reaping souls early this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alaois posted:

Another soul claimed by the vaunted Carrier Dome

loving hate playing there and nothing has changed. McNabb beat VT on a last-second pass in '98, we needed a miracle Vick run to win in '00 when VT was still a top 5 team, and we lost a lovely 3 OT game in '02 not to mention what happened last year.

Nothing good comes from playing there.

• Locked thread