Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Sexy Halloween pictures -> Boring baby pictures -> Russian-influenced right-wing garbage

I gotta feel like the first and second still happen (the second definitely does) but we've just aged out of the first along with our friends so we don't see it anymore. Do we even have anyone here that's still in college?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Tennessee used the off-week to clear their minds and get back to playing winning football oh you know I'm kidding players are fighting in practice

Same kid who was fighting at the end of the UGA game so my first thought is that he's got anger issues or is just immature but I'm all for blaming it on Butch - whatever gets him gone faster

I gotta believe when we lose to USCe by 2 TDs he'll be gone. Bama is a given loss so that's not going to be what does it if he's still around but if we lose to Kentucky too then he has to be gone.

Right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

What the poo poo does that even mean :psyduck:

If he's talking about specifically player reputations I don't think it's a weird statement. Some players are known as physical guys, some are in the leadership role but not necessarily overly physical. In that context it's not a weird statement but who the gently caress knows with him and I'm probably giving him too much credit.

Of course with his history everything he says is going to be over analyzed and taken out of context to make it seem as wacky as possible for clicks (which Wes is known for).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

When I do bench press I can get those physical reps, but when i spot for someone i get those leadership reps.

Unless I'm dumb he's talking about reputation not repetitions

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

It's going to suck when we lose to Tennessee despite them being an out of control trash fire right now.

I dont even know why you think it's a possibility. You've beaten us the past two years and thats when we've had MUCH better teams than we do this year. Y'all are gonna win by like 2TDs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big money big clit posted:

No, he's talking about repetitions. The question was about which QBs were getting practice snaps.

welp

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee has announced it has benched Quentin Dormady, and redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano will start against South Carolina.

Thank god, not that it's going to make any difference but I think we've seen enough of Dormady.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have seen absolutely nothing out of Dormady to make me think he's any good. At all. Maybe that's because of coaching, maybe it's because he sucks. Dobbs wasn't the greatest ever but the kid had a ton of talent and would pull wins out of his rear end (and also losses). Dormady isn't anything even approaching an acceptable version of a QB.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I also think from what we've seen of G's attitude he may be like "gently caress this stupid play" and take off running regardless of what Butch says.

Which may or may not be a bad thing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't get why you'd think Florida fans do or should hate Urbz. I don't know of any that do

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Rashad Fenton is a South Carolina cornerback who hasn't allowed any touchdowns this year, and he gave up only 45 yards in his "worst" game. Tyler Byrd is a Tennessee receiver who has two (2) catches this season.

https://twitter.com/D1fuzzymuffin17/status/918467819033030657

:thunk:

Oh no it’s spreading

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
247 posted projections of the rest of Tennessee's schedule based on ESPN's FPI:

South Carolina:
ESPN projection: South Carolina win
Tennessee's chance of winning: 48.2 percent
Vols' overall record: 3-3, 0-3 SEC

Alabama:
ESPN projection: Alabama win
Tennessee's chance of winning: 2.4 percent
Vols' overall record: 3-4, 0-4 SEC

Kentucky:
ESPN projection: Kentucky win
Tennessee's chance of winning: 42.9 percent
Vols' overall record: 3-5, 0-5 SEC

Southern Miss:
ESPN projection: Tennessee win
Tennessee's chance of winning: 83.7 percent
Vols' overall record: 4-5, 0-5 SEC

Missouri:
Tennessee's chance of winning: 64.3 percent
Vols' overall record: 5-5, 1-5 SEC

LSU:
ESPN projection: LSU win
Tennessee's chance of winning: 39.3 percent
Vols' overall record: 5-6, 1-6 SEC

Vandy:
Tennessee's chance of winning: 68.2 percent
Vols' overall record: 6-6, 2-6 SEC

Honestly, I would be surprised if we lost to Kentucky and beat Vandy. I don't think it happens. So 6-6/5-7 and no bowl, or one no one gives a poo poo about. If Butch isn't gone already by that point he will be. If we lose to USC and Kentucky, I can't see him being the coach for Southern Miss.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

So you're saying there's a chance.

That's why we play the games righahahahahahah

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

UT fans, did y'all see this season coming the way it's gone down?

I mean, I thought it was going to be a definite drop from previous seasons I thought if we got 8/9 wins and a decent bowl that would be a good year. We lost a poo poo ton to the draft, especially on defense. The point of all those great recruiting classes though is so that the next guy steps up but uh...the only place that's really happened is at RB. Yeah, there's been a bunch of injuries but god drat, it looks like a completely different team out there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

I was listening to some Vol podcast because Fuente got brought up (and the guy on there said he thinks there's no way Fuente leaves and especially not for an SEC school) and he said Fulmer, Kiffin, and Dooley never survived their last season fully so if they keep with tradition, so to speak, the axe should fall on Jones soon.

Kiffin left between seasons

e: also Jones & co buyout is 11-13 million

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 12, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

The issue probably isn't Butch's buyout, but yeah, with all the staff, will UT/boosters want to pay that much to drop him at the end of the year?

I think I read somewhere that his portion is like at least 7 million of that. That said yeah if he shits up the season with only 5 wins he’s gone

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

The hater in me wants you guys to drop every game from here on out, but that is a bit cruel.

I’m mailing it in on caring at this point, that’s how bad we are. I’m not even embarrassed or mad about the Georgia loss. Yeah it sucks but the team played like rear end and they’ve been coached like garbage all season. I’m just ready to get to the off-season and see where it goes from there.

Yeah I’m still going to root for them and watch ever game but losses won’t sting as much and wins won’t mean as much.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

Happy Friday of Oklahoma lost to Iowa State Week.

I've told a couple people that the Duke FSU game could be interesting and they're all "no way! it's not going to be close! Duke bad! FSU good!" I keep using Oklahoma - Iowa State as an example why anything is possible :hfive:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have the pic of Wheez with the we want Bama sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

So anyone think Jones will get fired after the Bama game? I really hope so.

If he makes it that long? It’s basically a guaranteed loss so I don’t know why they’d wait that long if that was the deciding factor

• Locked thread