Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I want to die y'all.

gently caress Mac, gently caress Nuss, and gently caress Urban Meyer for bailing on us he can suck dicks with buckeyes for testifies for eternity in hell

God bl[rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

[quote="“Randaconda”" post="“477159342”"]
you think he’ll last to the end of the season?
[/quote]

Unless he loses out he will be back next year. And probably even then.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thoguh posted:

Football owns.

Congrats man big win!

:rock:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

After making slow, deliberate love to a sixer of Jai Alai during that abortion of a game I'd like to acknowledge that I still want to die.

Let me be clear: the sweet release of death is preferable to watching another down of McElwain football.

UF flew to the mountains, engaged in a dog-and-pony show for the honor of buying out a 10M contract of an offensive 'guru.' He transformed CSU from 3-9 to 10-3 with an explosive offense, and it seemed like a good fit.

3 years of middling success later, I'm not sure it's workable. He has hitched his UF career to Doug loving Nussmeier, a man run out of Michigan for lovely offense. The team has regressed in every phase other than special teams, and even that is inconsistent.

Each of these "successful" seasons have closed with big losses to FSU and Bama in Atlanta. Year One had the bonus of a completely noncompetitive blowout loss to Michigan and their also-first year head coach.

Our OL was pushed around by the front 7 that was mauled by Troy a week ago. I just....

Our remaining schedule:
Texas A&M Probable Loss.
Georgia Definite Loss
Missouri Probable Win
South Carolina Probable Loss
UAB Win
Florida State Almost Definite Loss

A 5-6 record this year feels really loving likely, actually.

I'm not sure where we go from here. I don't know why the program is so broken. The playcalling is poo poo. Our players are made of glass. Our defense is talented but profoundly undisciplined.

A record that bad would likely torpedo our next recruiting class or two.

I'm at a total loss. What a loving unwatchable mess.

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'm not 100% sure we will win a single game from here on out.

You definitely have at least one more.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

lol if you think FSU is beating those jort wearing fucks this year.

:smithicide:

Our defense is the perfect Rx for ailing offenses.

Oh, and also Franks just runs backwards when the pocket closes. Or slowly cross steps to the sideline for a big loss.

Alaois posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I actually agonized on that one but talent gap is too big. Might be reflexive almost, but I wouldn't be surprised if we drop that one. More likely to drop Mizzou though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HannibalBarca posted:

lol @ anyone believing Florida will "definitely" lose to Georgia this, or any, year. that's what I thought in 2014 and then lmao. just lmao.

Normally I'd agree, but we couldn't push around a team that was gouged between the tackles by Troy—we sure as gently caress aren't running on y'all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

What % chance do you think there is that this motherfucker would go sign up for a war, or for that matter been in a physical confrontation with anyone or anything in his entire life?

Zero.

Facts matter little to the kind of person who'll ignore that millenials have fought the longest war in American history, and spent a subset of that time fighting two wars concurrently.

But yeah, 'war is great for making real men' or whatever idyllic WWII horseshit some shitheel from Texas wants to peddle.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UCF is either the best or second-best team in Florida right now, don't tell me UF fans are babies while we are paying Mac to win fuckin football games.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I don't think so, they haven't beaten a single team that FSU or Miami wouldn't be double digit favs over. People always do this with the little brother schools in TX and FL that don't play anyone.

Frost is doing a good job though.

I think UCF would beat UF and probably FSU right now.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I am rooting for whatever gets Nuss fired the fastest.

Mac has seemingly tethered his UF career to the man.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/917425568223846401

It's over. Parody is dead.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Unless I'm dumb he's talking about reputation not repetitions

I'm sure he is, but I'm going to keep reading it as repetitions because it's funnier and more consistent with the Champions of Life ethos.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Goddamn lookin like Earl Campbell.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

big money big clit posted:

No, he's talking about repetitions. The question was about which QBs were getting practice snaps.

:vince:

I read it as repetition initially, revised my thinking but never checked....

...my dude is just as hokey and doofy as we suspected. drat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

mastershakeman posted:

it's insane people care so much about a team that hasn't had an outright title in like 70 years

minnesota has had more title success in most people's lifetimes than Michigan

Frankly, Leaf should've had 1 or 2 more seconds on the clock in the 98 Rose Bowl for a Hail Mary. They let that time peel off after the first down completion.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

That seems like probably not a huge deal given the defense he was playing and the likelihood of Hail Marys working in general. Also Nebraska won a game that year on the Flea Kicker, which was both insanely lucky bullshit and against the rules, if you really want to play what ifs from 1997 (there is also a pretty decent chance they don't get enough coaches to change their minds and vote Nebraska 1st without Osborne announcing his retirement right before the bowl game)

Haha, I forgot about the kick thing against Mizzou.

I mean the likelihood of Leaf hitting the Hail Mary was minimal, but they clearly just drained the clock at the end and it was frustrating to watch as a 14yo 3rd party fan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Jordanis posted:

One of these years Washington State is going to have to play Oregon when they're starting the best QB on the roster.

Sure.

But from here on in and I'm pulling for Wazzu to win a title for Wheez.

He'll be pouring blackstrap dark and stormies in whatever afterlife he chose, screaming We Want Bama

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Chump Farts posted:

can confirm going into playoffs against bama with hope is not fun

Can confirm, but w SECCG post-2008.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kill me

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Jastiger posted:

Nah man I swear ISU got a totally undeserved pre season ranking at like 25 a few years ago. Maybe it was the coaches poll.

A handful of voters watched that Seneca Wallace run again and got jacked.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Edit: poo poo I just learned Michigan has one only one championship since 1970.

You mean 0.5 championships

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

So honest question but why do some of you hate Urbz? Is it because he's a rival head coach and beat(s) you often or did you not like his reason for leaving UF or what?

I mean, if I'm a UF fan I'm hating him forever but that didn't directly affect me so I don't really dislike the guy, especially not when this sport is figuratively awash in a sea of coaches who are lovely human beings.

Asking just because of recent pages and also having a talk with my dad and one of his friends. They intensely dislike him, I'm totally neutral and if he was my HC I would loving love him because all he does is recruit like a maniac and win a whole bunch.

I don't hate him. I miss him as a coach.

If I'm bitter about anything it's that he made a big deal about quitting to spend time with his family and made a big enough deal that UF forgave his buyout, just for him to take a position at a similarly intense job a year later. Sleazy fuckin move.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Maybe they can get Shane Morris to transfer back and then he'll have his 5 star Can't Miss Prospect that he apparently needs

Your red title is :kiss:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

https://www.si.com/longform/tebow/index.html

Check section 3 "Why was Tim Tebow at a bar with Aaron Hernandez?"

Oh man I forgot about that article :stare:

The favoritism on the team was pretty poisonous, although I think it eventually cooled off.

[quote="“Adlai Stevenson”" post="“477285423”"]
When I was a little kid I witnessed the one-two punch of Andre Ware and Ty Detmer. It taught me from my earliest football memories not to trust that statue.
[/quote]

Although the Heisman lost legitimacy much much earlier (Hornung maybe?), the real moment it clicked how bullshit it is was when Grossman came in 2nd to Crouch.

Total. loving. Bullshit.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

We Gators may be gigantic downer babies, but you won't see any of us bragging about losing 'with dignity.'

Woof.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

"lose with dignity" seemed sarcastic to me tbh

I'd normally agree but:

[quote="“Alaois”" post="“477301527”"]
counterpoint: everything MdP has ever posted
[/quote]

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wernox posted:

You mean Drew Brees and LT losing to Chris Weinke and Ron Dayne the two years prior didn't already do that for you? Heck Joe Hamilton was 2nd in 1999 and Josh Heupel in 2000.....Dayne at least could claim he broke the rushing record, what did those other three ever do?

Weinke and Dayne were loving ballers in college.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wernox posted:

And Brees and LT weren't? Who meant more to their team than Brees in 2000?

You'll get no argument from me the Heisman voting is flawed, but in examples of voters coronating Good Player on Great Team, Dayne and Weinke are not on the list.

Toretta and Crouch are the most egregious in my lifetime. Maaaaaybe Troy Smith, but he did have a pretty big year before UF eviscerated him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Crouch got a career achievement award for being okish to good on a very good team for 4 years because Grossman was just a sophomore really. Thankfully I think we've moved past the "no freshmen or sophomores can win the Heisman" but it was a real thing forever.

There's no doubt in my mind if Grossman was a junior that year he would have won.

Crouch was egregious because he was an ok player on a team that backed its way into a BCS title game.

He won even after they were destroyed by Colorado. Nebraska didn't even play for their own conference title.

But yeah, I guess he caught a nifty throwback TD pass so GIVE HIM THE HARDWARE

vyst posted:

Weinke's experience being alive for like 45 years and playing college football set him apart from the competition.

Paid off the voters with butterscotch candies.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

euphronius posted:

Oh I think I was thinking of Couch not Crouch

Tim Couch is like the first QB on the infamous Browns jersey with 100 QB names on it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I think this is definitely true with Carr, but Couch also got outplayed by Kelly Holcomb regularly so eh. I think him going high was at least in part a result of people not totally knowing what to do with air raid guys yet.

Weinke had better passing numbers than Brees across the board and was missing Warrick for the Heisman year. He was loving awesome. And Ron Dayne is still the scariest opposing running back I've ever seen; he was like impossible to bring down one on one. Trying to retroactively fit Heisman results to how players turned out in the NFL is a very annoying thing people like to do.

I saw someone describe Dayne as a 'locomotive made of butcher knives' once and I'm not sure there's a better description. Dude was loving crazy good.

And I agree—gently caress retroactive judgement of college players on pro results.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Duckaerobics posted:

I've been wondering what would happen if Auburn loses to Georgia, but beats bama and then beats Georgia in a re-match for the SEC championship. Who goes to the play-off? Is there a chance Auburn could play two teams twice this year?

edit: I'm pretty sure the committee would put bama in over Auburn and Georgia.

Bama is highly-ranked enough to overcome missing the title game, but I'm not sure how far they'd drop after a season-ending loss. It'd probably depend on the records of the other teams behind them. If there are several 1- or 2-loss teams just behind them, they'll just fall to a 4 seed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

[quote="“HannibalBarca”" post="“477312233”"]
https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/918284185080606720

I have questions
[/quote]

Unis look less-awful in these pics but @gatorsfb appears to have taken acid

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It's generally snout shape - Alligators are more of a U shape and Crocs are a V shape.

I think Gators are supposed to have more prominent teeth while Crocs fit more seamlessly but I may be wrong on that. Got it backwards.

Fun fact! Florida is also home to American Crocodile -- and Florida is the only place in the world where Crocodiles and Gators coexist!

Coloration is different too:

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I assumed UF had like a gator enclosure on campus kinda like LSU has for Mike and they just borrowed the chillest one there for these photos.

Those unis are still horrific rear end that UF should never don again. I guess the shoes are kinda cool though those would be fine to keep around.

I remember reading as a kid that one of the live mascots from the 40s or 50s had its tail cut off by Miami or FSU students but I can't find any trace of it anymore--most mascot lore seems to be pretty kid-friendly.

This is all I could find with a 5min google search.

http://www.alligator.org/news/campus/article_28668d1f-4473-57b1-9d52-ddce62158263.html

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 12, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

Case McCoy looked like what would happen if you put Colt in the microwave for a little bit.

Or left him on the dashboard in the Texas sun

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TAMU is going to boat race UF at home.

Kadarius Toney is out, Cleveland is out. Nick Washington is out.

Feleipe "one-read" Franks and Malik Davis can't carry this team.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:negative:

It never ends. I wonder if Jeff Brohm is cool w/ humidity?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Goddamn, cousin!!! You’re on FIRE!!!

I mean, Fuchs probably could’ve handled a couple of things differently. Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t the university decided to allow Spencer’s group to control ticket sales & have his group’s security handle the event?

The only correct way to deal with Spencer is with a swift and righteous knuckle sandwich.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I don’t disagree but UF’s own policy for outside group events is that the university controls tickets & sales. If you have to accept the horrifying thought of having Spencer & his ilk speak on campus at least allow for the possibility of people who don’t agree with the message to attend.

I don't know all the details so I can't really comment in any super nuanced way, but I'm not sure the correct assumption is "UF supports white supremacists."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I was certainly being hyperbolic. But I also scratch my head about the “let them speak & look the other way” approach.

I agree. I think Nazis should be beaten back into their parents' basement.

• Locked thread