Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This sounds like the most badass metal album art ever motherfucking conceived.

This game is extremely metal. I don't want to spoil anything or hype it up too much but the ending boss fight and the room where you fight the Ur-Dragon are straight out of a death metal band T-shirt designer's wet dreams

I think my favorite fight in the game was the griffon. I was fighting the one that you encounter near the old castle in the south (near the coast) and it was flying around staying out of my reach. I had just switched to Fighter so I didn't have a ranged weapon and my pawns were being retarded so I tried to time a risky jump off the tower at the monster and actually managed to grab hold of it in midair and drag it to the ground. It was loving insane and every time I tried to replicate that moment I ended up failing miserably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Also the music in this game is so good

Dammit I want to install it again... gently caress!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremely steampunk posted:

Also the music in this game is so good

Dammit I want to install it again... gently caress!
Do it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

in my ps3 playthrough i grappled the gryphon as it took flight and it shook me off right over the female bandit camp. i landed at the top of the tower next to a chest that contained salomets grimoire that i had been looking for forever

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

in my ps3 playthrough i grappled the gryphon as it took flight and it shook me off right over the female bandit camp. i landed at the top of the tower next to a chest that contained salomets grimoire that i had been looking for forever

Epic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played a couple hours tonight and this game is weird but really cool. The first user-made pawn I enlisted was a near-perfect recreation of Guts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk what it is exactly but i really like the look of this game, it's very pretty and has some great effects. wandering around the woods in the dead of night and coming upon a magic fountain surrounded by hosed up unfightable phantoms was loving cool.

I should really finish my run of this but I felt like the combat didn't really go anywhere, or at least I got bored of being a melee guy with a big hammer really fast lol. Should probably switch to the class that can summon to-scale tornadoes

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I played a couple hours tonight and this game is weird but really cool. The first user-made pawn I enlisted was a near-perfect recreation of Guts

Its really weird and unique which can be bad in some ways but mostly its just epic.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
been replaying this and wow, its good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dragon's Dogema

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just got to Gran Soren and I'm not sure what I should be doing in this game lol. Should I follow the main quest line or go out and explore. The structure of this game is so weird and I'm not used to it

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just got to Gran Soren and I'm not sure what I should be doing in this game lol. Should I follow the main quest line or go out and explore. The structure of this game is so weird and I'm not used to it

Try a little of both. Some of the side quests that seem like they'd be crap lead to cool stuff. It's also fun to just pick a direction and just poke as far out into the wild as you can.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

youll complete most of the side poo poo just doing main quests, do whatever your heart desires gamer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the main quests dont lock you down into anything, just take em and explore. they unlock more stuff too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the main quests dont lock you down into anything, just take em and explore. they unlock more stuff too

theres some side stuff that auto fails as you complete wyrm hunt quests i think

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

It seems all roads lead to Gran Soren.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I started fresh on hard mode and get two shotted by bats. Swarm of bats is the most dangerous encounter so far.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

I started fresh on hard mode and get two shotted by bats. Swarm of bats is the most dangerous encounter so far.

It's worth keeping at it. Hard mode gives you so many discipline points and it's so fun to jump around to different classes whenever you want

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pewdiepie posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fumaofthelake posted:

this was my experience and i switched it to normal when my team kept dying in the tutorial over and over lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pewdiepie posted:

Feed for livestock, no doubt.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Human bones that move on their own!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Human bones that move on their own!
Human bones that move on their own everywhere, Arisen. Your orders are to shoot on sight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made my pawn have a chipmunk voice because I thought it was funny but I didn't realize they'd be talking to me constantly for the next 50 hours

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I made my pawn have a chipmunk voice because I thought it was funny but I didn't realize they'd be talking to me constantly for the next 50 hours

Lol. No that's definitely funny

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

It hates fire!!!!!!!!!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i like how the vanilla game trolls you by making fire far and away the best element/enchant to use for like 90% of them game and then throws enemies that breathe fire and enrage when you use it on them at the dragons cave

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[quote="“Unexpected Raw Anime”" post="“477271655”"]
i like how the vanilla game trolls you by making fire far and away the best element/enchant to use for like 90% of them game and then throws enemies that breathe fire and enrage when you use it on them at the dragons cave
[/quote]
My favorite troll are the bandits on that hill early in the game. The ones where almost all the bandits are normal level but the guys with shields are like level 40 and can one-shot you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

My favorite troll are the bandits on that hill early in the game. The ones where almost all the bandits are normal level but the guys with shields are like level 40 and can one-shot you.

I got murked by a group of bandits right outside Gran Soren where one dude with a big weapon one-shot me and all my pawns

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I always wondered what it was about those guys, between them and the archers hiding in the bushes I get wrecked every time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

The sword and shield guys are just brutal in general throughout the game. Idk what's up with that but I like how intimidating they are.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The sword and shield guys are just brutal in general throughout the game. Idk what's up with that but I like how intimidating they are.
They scare me way more than hydras and poo poo. If the final dragon was just a shield dude or any kind of robot I wouldn't have beat it.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I did this exact same thing lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The living armor is a nightmare the first time you fight it as a magic user. It took me so long to figure out what I was doing wrong

Also those god damned Eliminators in BBI... first they let you get a feel for one by trapping you in a tiny room with it and letting it paint the walls with Arisen blood, then they loving throw ten of them at you all at once

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the golems are honestly bullshit because if you are pure magic you have to sit there for half an hour hoping one of your pawns gets lucky and actually hits its palm or whatever

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the iron golems are worse because pawns will always focus on the monster instead of the pendants. I spent two in game days luring a golem across the swamp and then running back to a pendant in a tree trying to get the archer pawn to shoot it and that's pretty much when I stopped playing mage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

you should do the main quests since exploring the world just means you find a billion groups of goblins/wolves/lizardmen for eterinity + dungeons and towers that are locked until the main quest unlocks them

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the magic archer / ranger combo seems cool. i'll do that whenever i end up getting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[quote="“sector_corrector”" post="“477277907”"]
the magic archer / ranger combo seems cool. i’ll do that whenever i end up getting this.
[/quote]
Magic Archer and Ranger are both great.

• Locked thread