Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

When I was doing that quest the skulls kept disappearing, then I realized my pawn had seen me throw a skull at an ogre once to curse it and was throwing skulls at everything it saw

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

When I was doing that quest the skulls kept disappearing, then I realized my pawn had seen me throw a skull at an ogre once to curse it and was throwing skulls at everything it saw

lmao

Dec 26, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

hahaha

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

I had a hired pawn that had learned this off its Arisen, it was hilarious.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Kinda want to start a fresh file where I just teach my pawn to do really goofy poo poo all the time.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

pls raise your pawns responsibly

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I just started playing last night. Game's awesome and is the first title I could easily create an avatar in that resembles me. It's eerily good at generating men with tragic amounts of Northern European blood. It's like someone in the development team was dead set on getting that distinctive "Shrek and Crispin Glover climbed in the same teleporter pod together" look down pat.

I salute you, Japan.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I looked at this game a while back but didn't know whether to grab it or not. What is the coolest thing about it?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I looked at this game a while back but didn't know whether to grab it or not. What is the coolest thing about it?

if only there was a whole thread about this very topic.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's a TES game if they had super good combat, didn't take themselves so seriously, cared more about fun, ran better, looked better, sounded better, had fun to use magic, etc. The whole thing is pretty dang good, hard to pick one feature.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

if only there was a whole thread about this very topic.

Rude.

mysterious frankie posted:

It's a TES game if they had super good combat, didn't take themselves so seriously, cared more about fun, ran better, looked better, sounded better, had fun to use magic, etc. The whole thing is pretty dang good, hard to pick one feature.

Thank you, I like the sound of this.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Thank you, I like the sound of this.

Consider me your main pawn. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go pick up every flower and rock in the area, then repeatedly cast heal on a cow.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

Consider me your main pawn. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go pick up every flower and rock in the area, then repeatedly cast heal on a cow.
You're bad at pawns. All my pawns are psychotic madmen who will never stop attacking everything they see, no matter how much stronger it is than they are.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're bad at pawns. All my pawns are psychotic madmen who will never stop attacking everything they see, no matter how much stronger it is than they are.

My pawns are peaceful and love life, stealing pottery.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My pawns refuse to open worm trap chests when I yell at them to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would rent pawns from IZ players when this came out on PC and just repeatedly hurl them off cliffs and then send them home

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
reposting from last dragma thread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Which version is the one people are on about? Pawns are in Dark Arisen, is that the one to grab? Inquisitor from 2015 is also up to buy too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Which version is the one people are on about? Pawns are in Dark Arisen, is that the one to grab? Inquisitor from 2015 is also up to buy too.

What the...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm an idiot, Dragon Age is not Dragon's Dogma.

:blush:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Begone.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm an idiot, Dragon Age is not Dragon's Dogma.

:blush:

No, it is not.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I made a perfect George Costanza arisen in the PS3 version but when I wanted to use him as my pawn on PC I couldn't recreate him perfectly

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

I made a perfect George Costanza arisen in the PS3 version but when I wanted to use him as my pawn on PC I couldn't recreate him perfectly

He appears in my rift literally every time. Always one of the first pawns I see

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

still brings a happy tear to my eye

hes an angel. a beautiful gaming angel

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also please enjoy my incredibly bad kramer and george. getting that b movie double look really made for a more hilarious experience

get this game. its amazing

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This boy here looks a bit like Ted Danson. I await his presence in my game.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

also please enjoy my incredibly bad kramer and george. getting that b movie double look really made for a more hilarious experience

get this game. its amazing

These are amazing

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Cool

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

In Training posted:

I made my pawn have a chipmunk voice because I thought it was funny but I didn't realize they'd be talking to me constantly for the next 50 hours

I think body size also matters for the voice stuff. If you give them a low voice and a huge body it's hard to make out what they're saying half the time.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dark Arisen is on sale for 12 bucks at the humble store
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought the humble bundle deal, but won't be able to play this till sunday when i'm back from the holidays. fuuuh

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know if anything is changed from the PC release but I'm pumped anyway. Let's talk about how Dragon's Dogma is incredible and everyone should play it.

It's not that good OP.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just started this. finally got to gransys earlier today and remembered how much more fun and open the game gets after the first hour or so. i really need to get a pawn with healing magic, though, because the southern bandits are kicking my whole rear end in a top hat.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

sector_corrector posted:

i just started this. finally got to gransys earlier today and remembered how much more fun and open the game gets after the first hour or so. i really need to get a pawn with healing magic, though, because the southern bandits are kicking my whole rear end in a top hat.

Don't even fight them, there's no reason to struggle so mightily.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Healing magic won't help you. They hold the advantage!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

GOBLINS

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
idk if i already posted this in this thread bc i say it every time Dragons Dogma is being discussed, but this game has the most powerful adventure feels of any game i’ve ever played. for example the journey from gran soren to the ruins where you fight the griffon felt like my own little story, i remember encountering a much higher level than me enemy that was like Ghost Armor and spending 3+ entire in-game day/night cycles chipping away it’s hp until i finally killed it after hearing my pawns tell me it was some kind of Living Armor! more times than i could count and it was so satisfying.. the feeling of being a badass and saying gently caress you level 99 Ghost Armor was so epic. it didn’t even drop anything special, it was just another sub-plot of my personal adventure. some people might find running across the whole map before getting fast travel to be tedious but i think it’s part of the charm. The game is so drat good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

idk if i already posted this in this thread bc i say it every time Dragons Dogma is being discussed, but this game has the most powerful adventure feels of any game i’ve ever played. for example the journey from gran soren to the ruins where you fight the griffon felt like my own little story, i remember encountering a much higher level than me enemy that was like Ghost Armor and spending 3+ entire in-game day/night cycles chipping away it’s hp until i finally killed it after hearing my pawns tell me it was some kind of Living Armor! more times than i could count and it was so satisfying.. the feeling of being a badass and saying gently caress you level 99 Ghost Armor was so epic. it didn’t even drop anything special, it was just another sub-plot of my personal adventure. some people might find running across the whole map before getting fast travel to be tedious but i think it’s part of the charm. The game is so drat good
This owns, and also I've never once encountered the enemy you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

This owns, and also I've never once encountered the enemy you're talking about.

it was like a Demon knight. a evil knight with a skull helmet or something.. its been a long time, i can't fully picture it

• Locked thread