Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

There's a fan discord channel that the dev, Dan Salvato watches and occasionally hangs out in. He's on team Natsuki.
While it does have a spoiler free tag, but it doesnt stop everything so its propably best to play most of the game first, which doesn't take particularly long anyway.

Pollyanna posted:

It begins. :getin:

Whats this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Xander77 posted:

The game wasn't really great about keeping track of the CG scenes I managed to watch, but youtubing the "best" ending, at least there wasn't much I missed.

What happens if you split your 20 nouns exactly 50/50 between two girls?

iirc who you show your poem to first would function as a tiebreaker.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I personally agree that act one is a much heavier hitter than act two, but it's probably largely because I've gone through/am actively going through the same kind of poo poo that Sayori dealt with and seeing it laid down so well hit me like a sledgehammer.

Aside from that, I've been doing a lot of thinking about why the game had to be the way that it was. Why did Monika need to make the girls kill themselves? If she had control over the world then she should have been able to make an excuse plot about the girls moving away suddenly and not traumatizing the player so much. An uncharitable person would say that spook sells better, but I'd like to give it more credit than that. What I've come up with is that Monika is, by either her nature or her programming, forced to get you to choose her, rather than just removing all other options. She can't just force you to do that, or it wouldn't be "love", it would just be hostage taking. Instead she acts like an old school faerie, drastically changing things so that there is no real choice, but not *technically* making the choice for you. At least until she drops the masquerade and just wipes the whole thing clean. It's been bothering me a bit because by all measures Monika is not a bad person, just someone who is in the worst possible situation she could be in, and the idea that she is some sort of sadist doesn't really gel with her character in my head.

Monika doesn't intentionally try to kill them, its just a result of her messing with thier personalities constantly, she even says as much. the entirety of the game is Monika trying a million different ways to change the game to escape her personal hell and failing badly at all of them, justifying it to herself with "they're just programs". Even then she backs them up and restores them in the end, which people kind of gloss over

• Locked thread