Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

dipwood posted:

You can gank at any time of day, almost everywhere, in any size group. This is probably the most accessible full loot pvp mmo I've played in a while. You can be out murdering or getting murdered within maybe a couple hours of starting, and be effective.

I played for like 4 hours and got to tier 3 stuff. It looks like the grind from t3 to t4 is pretty steep. I must be doing something wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vandalism posted:

I played for like 4 hours and got to tier 3 stuff. It looks like the grind from t3 to t4 is pretty steep. I must be doing something wrong.

Where are you grinding this -- it will take you about 10-20mins grinding t3 to t4 in our "office" (a t7 dungeon in mercia, the high end black zone continent).

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009

vandalism posted:

I'm not sure I understand the whole thing yet but you don't need the 27,000 fame to unlock t4. It's actually more like 9,000. You can rack that up in an hour by yourself doing those solo expeditions at the blue mage portal things that are in the towns.

Or do the other thing^

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I like this game, but what I REALLY like about it is just cruising around and skinning, and making fine leather jackets.

I'd rather not have to deal with pvpers ganking me while I gather, which seems to be a big draw for a lot of players.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

clone on the phone posted:

I like this game, but what I REALLY like about it is just cruising around and skinning, and making fine leather jackets.

I'd rather not have to deal with pvpers ganking me while I gather, which seems to be a big draw for a lot of players.

You skinning with us in Mercia? The best part about skinning is getting all the .1 .2 and .3 in Mercia -- not only does it help you level faster(more fame for enchanted nodes) but it makes you that $$$$.

I like gathering too actually because it goes hand in hand with ganking.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Hello posting for auth. Peakzer0 on discord. minchar in game

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

FormerFatty posted:

You skinning with us in Mercia? The best part about skinning is getting all the .1 .2 and .3 in Mercia -- not only does it help you level faster(more fame for enchanted nodes) but it makes you that $$$$.

I like gathering too actually because it goes hand in hand with ganking.

Maybe I should get off my rear end and get serious about this skinning business and join you guys up there. I love those green/blue/purple sparkles. I hit T4/5 and kinda ran out of steam and the last thread was a train wreck but it seems things have improved.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

vandalism posted:

come to the "office" with a group and we can carry you to T6 in less then a day probably. Then you can just go out and kill mans

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Maybe I should get off my rear end and get serious about this skinning business and join you guys up there. I love those green/blue/purple sparkles. I hit T4/5 and kinda ran out of steam and the last thread was a train wreck but it seems things have improved.

we have regular gather and gank groups in the black zones. perfect mix of getting the sparkles and killing a dude for his sparkles

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
ran around for like 2 hours and found nobody, rip game

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

minchar posted:

Hello posting for auth. Peakzer0 on discord. minchar in game

Authd up -- welcome brother.

Well -- if you wanna gather, doing it with us will let you gather in the areas with the best resources in the game. Last thread was indeed a trainwreck(though the drama was nice) but the people playing now have none of the hangups about "oh god this game sucks just like beta" that some other other goons who quit after 2 weeks had.

Mercia(where we play) is nice because 25% of the resources are enchanted so its nothing but gree/blue/purple sparkles up here.

vermeul posted:

come to the "office" with a group and we can carry you to T6 in less then a day probably. Then you can just go out and kill mans

The office = t7 dungeon in Mercia we lock down almost 24/7:

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
If you're a skinning dude with tons of hides and have an alt ready to start crafting something purely made from leather, what would be the best recommendation? Assassin armor seems popular, but it's sold cheaper than other types...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Otakufag posted:

If you're a skinning dude with tons of hides and have an alt ready to start crafting something purely made from leather, what would be the best recommendation? Assassin armor seems popular, but it's sold cheaper than other types...

diversify, and craft everything

the game is dead so you're basically crafting for the 7 pvpers left in the game

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Otakufag posted:

I guess it depends on why youre crafting -- is it to make items for just you to use? If so, craft for your own build.

If your goal to become a good crafter at a specific item so you can make the best assasin chests in the game for yourself or the alliance/guild -- then maybe make assasin's chest as theyre the most widely used leather chest piece.

I will say this though -- crafting is pretty unnecessary at this point; all the gear is available on the auction house and the 10-20k silver youd safe crafting it yourself isnt worth the time. Especially since within our alliance, you will find any crafter you need; all the way upto t8.

sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

I'm a billionaire super spy and part-time supermodel.
Requesting a guild invite to Something Awful

Sent access request to Gluttony via Discord
Requesting authorization on Discord/Mumble.
Apped to Something Awful in game

If I missed a step, please let me know! :)

In game char name: Ministrix
T7.1 Longbow
T4-5 Frost Staff/Arcane Staff/MorningStar/Heavy Mace

sklurb fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 27, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

sklurb posted:

Requesting a guild invite to Something Awful

Sent access request to Gluttony via Discord
Requesting authorization on Discord/Mumble.
Apped to Something Awful in game

If I missed a step, please let me know! :)

In game char name: Ministrix
T7.1 Longbow
T4-5 Frost Staff/Arcane Staff/MorningStar/Heavy Mace

Just need you to apply in game so we can accept and then you can auto-auth using the link in the OP.

Nice stats -- were you playing solo this whole time?

sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

I'm a billionaire super spy and part-time supermodel.

FormerFatty posted:

Just need you to apply in game so we can accept and then you can auto-auth using the link in the OP.

Nice stats -- were you playing solo this whole time?

Hey thanks. I applied last night in game to Something Awful (the one that GluttonySDS is GM of). I tried again just now but it says I already have an app in. I'm sitting in Mumble atm in Flintslice channel for a bit in case anyone comes on.

Yeah, I have progressed mostly solo so far. I'm T7 leather chest, boots, cloth helm, longbow/warbow, T7 mount, T6 Qstaves, T4/5 Frost Staff, Arc staff, Curse staff, Heavy Mace/Morning Star, Spears, Daggers, Claws, etc. T4 Plate helm and chest. For versatility and to learn how to fight against them. ;)

EDIT:
Got my guild invite, thanks very much!

sklurb fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 27, 2017

off-key indie nonsense
Apr 22, 2010

It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us cybersinners.
Despite my better judgement I bought this game. I spent the time I had leveling up nature and a mixture of cloth and leather. Is it worth it to try to be a healer?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

off-key indie nonsense posted:

Despite my better judgement I bought this game. I spent the time I had leveling up nature and a mixture of cloth and leather. Is it worth it to try to be a healer?

If youre gonna heal for ZvZ/open world -- your best bet is to go wild staff on the nature healing line. Nature in general is pretty good because the trolly nature of HoT's... you wanna probably be running mage/cleric chest(i think mage), a mercenery helm for the cleanse, and assassin shoes for the dodge roll.

Holy is good for smaller groups where burst and single target healing is good -- it can also be used for pocket healing in ZvZ/open world.

Have you done much PVP yet? Are you playing with us?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Despite my better judgement I bought this game.

big mistake

off-key indie nonsense
Apr 22, 2010

It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us cybersinners.

FormerFatty posted:

If youre gonna heal for ZvZ/open world -- your best bet is to go wild staff on the nature healing line. Nature in general is pretty good because the trolly nature of HoT's... you wanna probably be running mage/cleric chest(i think mage), a mercenery helm for the cleanse, and assassin shoes for the dodge roll.

Holy is good for smaller groups where burst and single target healing is good -- it can also be used for pocket healing in ZvZ/open world.

Have you done much PVP yet? Are you playing with us?

I have the ice block head and assassin gear. I've only roamed around in yellow zones, killed someone who may have been afk. I'm not in the guild.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Harry Manback posted:

I'm not sure I understand the whole thing yet but you don't need the 27,000 fame to unlock t4. It's actually more like 9,000. You can rack that up in an hour by yourself doing those solo expeditions at the blue mage portal things that are in the towns.

Or do the other thing^

yeah I didnt get this at first either. I was grinding all the way to 2000 items harvested when I realized my mistake.
At a certain point in every skill and level of skill you get the chance to use 'learning points' which you get from being premium. It will then give you the rest of the level. So instead of grinding 2000 items harvested you get to say 800 and it just gives you the rest of the level.
Works for all things, fighting, crafting, etc.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

I have the ice block head and assassin gear. I've only roamed around in yellow zones, killed someone who may have been afk. I'm not in the guild.

Get in the guild and get in mumble/discord -- yellow zones are pretty much a waste of time once you hit t4 in your weapon/armor and your gathering.

With the guild you will be able to get into Mercia(end game black zone) and really start to see what the game has to offer.

DanoTuka posted:

yeah I didnt get this at first either. I was grinding all the way to 2000 items harvested when I realized my mistake.
At a certain point in every skill and level of skill you get the chance to use 'learning points' which you get from being premium. It will then give you the rest of the level. So instead of grinding 2000 items harvested you get to say 800 and it just gives you the rest of the level.
Works for all things, fighting, crafting, etc.

I believe you can check that feature that uses learning points everytime you come to a new level so when you craft, it will auto-LP you to the next level.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Don't use that, it will use it on every random skill you get to 30%.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
It looks like there's a trial available that involves an existing player generating a key to share? Does anyone want to send me one? I used the link in the OP to register an account (haven't bought a license) but it didn't grant a trial.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Richard M Nixon posted:

It looks like there's a trial available that involves an existing player generating a key to share? Does anyone want to send me one? I used the link in the OP to register an account (haven't bought a license) but it didn't grant a trial.

Sure I can do that -- can you PM me on discord? GluttonySDS#0952

Have you ever played any full loot/pvp sandbox MMOs before?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqG0B2LFGpg&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EraSgvoimCc

OOPS leader rage compilation.... and to think people in here hated on me for talking like goons did in 2007.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
This game is still being played? Impressive.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Malthuras posted:

This game is still being played? Impressive.

Actually kind of salty they stole my ArcheAge title for fastest goon guild meltdown.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

this game died after a month and a half when 95%* of the playerbase quit

* this is not an overstatement, literally 95%+ of the players have quit the game since launch

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
As the prophets, and lack of profits, foretold.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this game died after a month and a half when 95%* of the playerbase quit

* this is not an overstatement, literally 95%+ of the players have quit the game since launch

reading some past dev posts on the albion reddit isn't that kinda what they expected, to be honest?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They made their cash, I hope they can put their game on life support for a few years so the remaining player that for some reason enjoy this game can continue to play it.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

BadLlama posted:

They made their cash, I hope they can put their game on life support for a few years so the remaining player that for some reason enjoy this game can continue to play it.

The game doesnt have as many players as release did but what MMO 4months post release does? If theres another game out there that is nearly as finished as Albion is that has:

1. Full loot PVP
2. Open world anything goes PVP
3. Drama from the above 2

...then I must have missed it? I guess if you wanted that you could play EVE or UO free shards but thats been a bit done to death.

Game is still fun for many goons as we are still able to poo poo on people, take their loot, and drink their tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3LAVeBlE6E

100 man moba fights with full loot and plenty of tears is all I need until Ultima Online 2021 comes out(in 2023).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FormerFatty posted:

The game doesnt have as many players as release did but what MMO 4months post release does? If theres another game out there that is nearly as finished as Albion is that has:

the difference is, albion started off with a tiny tiny player base, and the fact their statistics use the 'characters' number instead of accounts shows how much they're trying to inflate the numbers. I did some quick killboard ANALYSIS and last week there were literally less than 4% of the kills of t4+ geared players than there was the second week of launch, which is the only statistic that matters (since pvp is the only thing engaging in this game).

you could probably divide that 30,000 number by 3 and you'd get 10,000 unique players logging in every week, and it's probably lower tbh because who wasn't running bot expedition accounts or bot farm accounts?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Can any of the people posting player numbers explain which game does full loot pvp better right now?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

dipwood posted:

Can any of the people posting player numbers explain which game does full loot pvp better right now?

eve online is the ONLY game that does full loot pvp correctly.

AO is really close, but every other aspect of the game is wanting.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dipwood posted:

ultima online
space station 13
legends of aria

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am sure nobody could have predicted the incredible decline of a full loot pvp game since there were no sheep and the wolves gradually canabalised each other and quit in a huff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

eve online is the ONLY game that does full loot pvp correctly.

AO is really close, but every other aspect of the game is wanting.

But the EVE thread is the only one you troll more than this one?

I played EVE, and it's much easier to get fights here. I can be in a life in death battle in seconds here, in EVE it requires 40 jumps from my house.

So since I want to play a full loot pvp game, AO is the best one on the market.

I think the other people in this thread can't deny that, but they need to rationalize why they're not playing anymore. It's okay to not like a game anymore, dudes! Unfortunately, the result of that is that your favorite niche might not be filled anymore. It happens.