Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Anyone still playing? I've been having fun with it still. They are about to announce the console version and we'll see how that improves players, but it looks like there are about 2 million players. Seems pretty healthy to me.

BTW I did leave Awful Company 42069, because the taxes were killing me, but I ended up in N E M E S I S, so i'm still in Arch.

Haha what are the taxes in 42069? It should be less than 10% and often 0 -- either way, Nemesis is still <3 so praise be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They were 35% when I left. Nemesis taxes are kind of high now too because we get free regears, but the system is changing in the next couple of weeks.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

25% atm

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

seems like it was raised because regears are being offered for the ones who show up to zvz. though i think most don’t.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

lumpentroll posted:

seems like it was raised because regears are being offered for the ones who show up to zvz. though i think most don’t.

42069 tax fixed to normal levels... its a place to chill again <3

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'll actually probably be leaving nemesis soon. They did a big recruiting spree, but their main recruiters themselves are new and it seems like they invited anyone that breathes, not accounting for anything else. So now the guild has like 200+ people, of which, 3 are tanks and 5-6 heal/support (of which, I do both in Holy and Arcane). They have the guild tax set to 30%, which is supposedly for regears, but we never do any mandatory content where we'd do regears.

Yesterday they did an Ava and 3 of the party members only spoke Turkish and Arabic. One of them was supposedly scouting, but didn't, so they got dived and lost 150m in gear in about 10 minutes.

Some of the people are pretty cool though, but that's not enough to keep me running. I've lost about 10mil in the past week due to lovely group dungeons or gank squads, because the shot callers are completely clueless.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

ShowTime posted:

I'll actually probably be leaving nemesis soon. They did a big recruiting spree, but their main recruiters themselves are new and it seems like they invited anyone that breathes, not accounting for anything else. So now the guild has like 200+ people, of which, 3 are tanks and 5-6 heal/support (of which, I do both in Holy and Arcane). They have the guild tax set to 30%, which is supposedly for regears, but we never do any mandatory content where we'd do regears.

Yesterday they did an Ava and 3 of the party members only spoke Turkish and Arabic. One of them was supposedly scouting, but didn't, so they got dived and lost 150m in gear in about 10 minutes.

Some of the people are pretty cool though, but that's not enough to keep me running. I've lost about 10mil in the past week due to lovely group dungeons or gank squads, because the shot callers are completely clueless.

Bro -- PM me on discord, ill help you out as long as youre in ARCH <3

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I will, and thanks. Who are you on Discord and in-game? I'm cool with going absolutely broke and staying there, it's just annoying when people are completely clueless, but have played for years, so they have a bank that allows them to do dumb poo poo. Also, how elitist some people are. For an example: I joined an AR STT group (well, a few) and we had tons of fun, made a bag of money, it was chill and fun. We ended up losing our last run to some poor communication (no one was using discord and the R for get out because of a bad pull also meant R because a group of reds are where everyone is running) but it was fine, it was a ton of fame and money leading up to that. It happens.

But then, the next day, I join a group doing the same thing that is full of complete elitists who change up what we are doing and call me names for not knowing and/or being down with it. They advertised AR STT, I join, they make me switch a bunch of gear and then suddenly we are chasing an AVA group, that requires going to roads, which is locked because they all went in before me. No talking, just, we were doing this thing, now this other thing is happening, we didn't give you any warning, it's just happening and you are a noob for not knowing about it. It was a change that happened in seconds too, from going to this place, group up on the NE corner of AR, to, go SE, why aren't you here, you are a noob for not knowing this. No joke, a complete change in 30 seconds.

I think it was just a group of veterans that didn't invite me to their clique and poo poo talked me for not being down, but it was still annoying and felt like a waste of time. ARCH seems to have this vast gap of people who are really, really experienced and then people who are complete rookies. Unfortunately i'm a rookie, and while people have been friendly, most aren't. And if they are or aren't, chance is, they don't speak English so I have no idea.

Jokes on them I guess. I'm in nemesis, Sceid likes me and he runs Arch now. I think it was known about for awhile, but it took some time to get out there. Everyone in nemesis is very cool, the vets are friendly and helpful, the new guys (like me) are all the same, if inexperienced. I think the only issue with ARCH is how loving huge it is, so you get lost in the crowd. But, I guess things are gonna start changing, from what Sceid has talked to us about.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I picked this back up after not playing since very early on in the game's life and really enjoy it. <removed guild info stuff due to other goon mmo drama>

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 21, 2023

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

ShowTime posted:

I will, and thanks. Who are you on Discord and in-game? I'm cool with going absolutely broke and staying there, it's just annoying when people are completely clueless, but have played for years, so they have a bank that allows them to do dumb poo poo. Also, how elitist some people are. For an example: I joined an AR STT group (well, a few) and we had tons of fun, made a bag of money, it was chill and fun. We ended up losing our last run to some poor communication (no one was using discord and the R for get out because of a bad pull also meant R because a group of reds are where everyone is running) but it was fine, it was a ton of fame and money leading up to that. It happens.

But then, the next day, I join a group doing the same thing that is full of complete elitists who change up what we are doing and call me names for not knowing and/or being down with it. They advertised AR STT, I join, they make me switch a bunch of gear and then suddenly we are chasing an AVA group, that requires going to roads, which is locked because they all went in before me. No talking, just, we were doing this thing, now this other thing is happening, we didn't give you any warning, it's just happening and you are a noob for not knowing about it. It was a change that happened in seconds too, from going to this place, group up on the NE corner of AR, to, go SE, why aren't you here, you are a noob for not knowing this. No joke, a complete change in 30 seconds.

I think it was just a group of veterans that didn't invite me to their clique and poo poo talked me for not being down, but it was still annoying and felt like a waste of time. ARCH seems to have this vast gap of people who are really, really experienced and then people who are complete rookies. Unfortunately i'm a rookie, and while people have been friendly, most aren't. And if they are or aren't, chance is, they don't speak English so I have no idea.

Jokes on them I guess. I'm in nemesis, Sceid likes me and he runs Arch now. I think it was known about for awhile, but it took some time to get out there. Everyone in nemesis is very cool, the vets are friendly and helpful, the new guys (like me) are all the same, if inexperienced. I think the only issue with ARCH is how loving huge it is, so you get lost in the crowd. But, I guess things are gonna start changing, from what Sceid has talked to us about.

Hahah my discord is GluttonySDS#0952 -- I like your style and yea, ARCH is vast so you get alot of varying skill levels but generally anti-elitism is the whole concept of ARCH as we are all trashcans ;)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I had you on my friends list from earlier. ARCH can be full of some absolutely garbage players, so if Awful Company ever does anything in-guild, let me know. I've resolved myself to just doing stuff with certain guilds because either the randos in this alliance are utter garbage or don't speak any English, which makes doing anything a headache.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
Why does cabbage sell for so much less than the seeds? Or are my workers just trash?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I mean, cabbage should be producing seeds along with the produce. So you get the seed + the produce. If you spend focus on the plants then you'll get a seed from every plant, but not sure that's worth it with cabbage. Carrots are basically the way to go, unless you are turning the produce into something. It's worth putting some points into the plants you'll be using for crafting in that case. But carrots are the "cheapest" way to feed livestock. Only issue is carrots don't naturally produce seeds, so you have to water them to get the seeds, but if you do that then you get 2x seeds per plant. What you could do is have 2 farm plants, water 9 plants and get 18 seeds, which is enough for both plots. I think it comes to around 5k focus.

Also, workers? You mean laborers? They shouldn't affect anything with your plants.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

A+ game with incredible potential for a single person to cause much trouble.

A single person in our smaller guild stole a legendary core from one of the larger pvp oriented guilds/alliances who had massed around it and their guild leader got so angry he went on a woman in the guild's stream to threaten her.

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 2, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

nazca posted:

Why does cabbage sell for so much less than the seeds? Or are my workers just trash?

do you have premium?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Noise Complaint posted:

A single person in our smaller guild stole a legendary core from one of the larger pvp oriented guilds/alliances who had massed around it and their guild leader got so angry he went on a woman in the guild's stream to threaten her.

lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How is the game with a controller? It always seemed like it was perfectly suited for playing with one.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Honestly depends. If you’re using a weapon with directional skill shots it’s fine. If you’re trying to drop AOEs like holy staff and such it’s a nightmare.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Noise Complaint posted:

noice

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

ShowTime posted:

Anyone still playing? I've been having fun with it still. They are about to announce the console version and we'll see how that improves players, but it looks like there are about 2 million players. Seems pretty healthy to me.

BTW I did leave Awful Company 42069, because the taxes were killing me, but I ended up in N E M E S I S, so i'm still in Arch.

Going to apply to Nemesis with my alpha account, want to give it another shot on an ipad.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Darwin_ posted:

Going to apply to Nemesis with my alpha account, want to give it another shot on an ipad.

Works for me -- let me know if you need any help.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea, or let me know. Nemesis is hit or miss, they are really good, along with Awful Company, but they have some absolute idiots too. And they rarely remove anyone, but they did recently because people were fame farming while we had a CTA going on. Also, they don't really remove their vets, so they have people that haven't logged in for 2 years.

But Nemesis and AC account for like, 90% of the good, committed players in the entire ARCH alliance. Which is why a lot of ARCH alliances are either being removed or on the cusp of being removed. Sceid is really starting to cull the people that don't provide anything to the alliance.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
ARCH is like 90% SEA fame farmers who would rather loot your corpse during zvz than press buttons on the enemy. The trick to finding the chill and cool people (which there are plenty of, and always new ones joining) will always be to attend the elective PVP poo poo like homeland defense, ad hoc gank squads, and faction fights. I haven’t played in forever and I definitely remember having similar frustrations with the vast majority of the player base, but with so many people overall you could almost always just join the standing discord comms and find someone doing something fun (or just run CD until you do).

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

causticBeet posted:

ARCH is like 90% SEA fame farmers who would rather loot your corpse during zvz than press buttons on the enemy. The trick to finding the chill and cool people (which there are plenty of, and always new ones joining) will always be to attend the elective PVP poo poo like homeland defense, ad hoc gank squads, and faction fights. I haven’t played in forever and I definitely remember having similar frustrations with the vast majority of the player base, but with so many people overall you could almost always just join the standing discord comms and find someone doing something fun (or just run CD until you do).

hahah pretty much this -- with this many people you get the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly <3

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Hey Roydes here, i might be getting back into this, hesitated before posting because im not sure how much ill get into it but again i thought that sure way to bore myself is to play on my own.
Ill play alone for a while just because im 2 years rusty, but without high-effort posting, whats the way for me to get back with goons/ARCH if i feel the pull?
Like i dont even remember what i could wear that would get me booted from a Matlock/T8 train because im wearing lovely gear.
Where are you guys located? Still in that T8 corner (i had to look it up lol redtree) ?

Edit: What id probably like is an updated screenshot with all the builds because Xbow is too easy in T5 and ive done it to death, would probably help to start fresh on some needed builds and mess around in T5 dungeons with that.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 8, 2023

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Aster0ids posted:

Hey Roydes here, i might be getting back into this, hesitated before posting because im not sure how much ill get into it but again i thought that sure way to bore myself is to play on my own.
Ill play alone for a while just because im 2 years rusty, but without high-effort posting, whats the way for me to get back with goons/ARCH if i feel the pull?
Like i dont even remember what i could wear that would get me booted from a Matlock/T8 train because im wearing lovely gear.
Where are you guys located? Still in that T8 corner (i had to look it up lol redtree) ?

Edit: What id probably like is an updated screenshot with all the builds because Xbow is too easy in T5 and ive done it to death, would probably help to start fresh on some needed builds and mess around in T5 dungeons with that.

discord.gg/archgaYY has all the stuff -- if you need an invite, just apply in game to Awful Company 42069 and chill/kill <3

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

FormerFatty posted:

discord.gg/archgaYY has all the stuff -- if you need an invite, just apply in game to Awful Company 42069 and chill/kill <3

Hey glut! Looking forward to doing gank squads again, im not sure how long ill last but im sure ill get to that point and mess around with that a bit at least.

Ok i just saw the new zvz gear jpgs, i dont meet any of those, whats the quickest process to catch up to T8?

Cause right now i cant join any CTAs ill be booted for being under-geared. I also wanna take maybe a week to just settle back into the game and get comfortable. I dont wanna be that guy lost in the back like HALP i couldnt find the mount button! and annoy everyone with my dead weight.

I thought about asking in discord but it will be useful info for anyone wanting to get into albion again.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

ShowTime posted:

I wish I checked this thread sooner. Joined Nemesis and my experience is extremely similar to yours. You summed up everything pretty well, I don't think I have anything else to add.

Now I'm inclined to either play more solo, do my own thing with faction events, arena, CDs, crafting and try to skip guild events or find another group of people that I can actually enjoy the content. Are you still in Nemesis?

Btw, Crystal Arena gives pretty good amount of fame books to level up to T8 fast. That and also you can buy faction chests by earning faction tokens. Chests usually have 100k/200k fame books inside which you can grind in a short amount of time.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Darwin_ posted:

I wish I checked this thread sooner. Joined Nemesis and my experience is extremely similar to yours. You summed up everything pretty well, I don't think I have anything else to add.

Now I'm inclined to either play more solo, do my own thing with faction events, arena, CDs, crafting and try to skip guild events or find another group of people that I can actually enjoy the content. Are you still in Nemesis?

Btw, Crystal Arena gives pretty good amount of fame books to level up to T8 fast. That and also you can buy faction chests by earning faction tokens. Chests usually have 100k/200k fame books inside which you can grind in a short amount of time.

Nah I left Nemesis awhile ago. Really not playing much anymore but definitely not in Nemesis. As with most MMOs, a community is really important and that doesn't exist there. It's built around running ARCH, which as a whole isn't an organization with any kind of community other than being ARCH. Most of the CTAs are like "get here, we gotta look good". There are some situations where it was in the benefit of the alliance but most of them were just defending a guild HQ i'd never seen before.

Join a smaller guild, preferably not in an alliance at all and that doesn't do ZvZ. Way more fun.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

ShowTime posted:

Join a smaller guild, preferably not in an alliance at all and that doesn't do ZvZ. Way more fun.

Noted. But it feels like a difficult quest. From what I see on chat channels, the entire albion community seems to have become worse than when I left it. The english chat is a mixed bag of qanon and incel talking points all day and night. How does one find a decent random smaller guild?

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I just got troll answers when i asked whats the CTA policy for people getting back into the game in the arch general channel and asking for the tips i just got here for catching up.

Like someone said, you find the shot callers / crew you like and go for content with these particular people. I had fun doing faction pvp with justin and ganks with glut. Had some good zvz fights as well.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Are there cool people to play with in ARCH? I'm having a difficult time with a streamer personality that's kind of taken over the alliance I'm in and I need to find a new home..

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

Noise Complaint posted:

Are there cool people to play with in ARCH? I'm having a difficult time with a streamer personality that's kind of taken over the alliance I'm in and I need to find a new home..

Swooole Benji

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
I thought he only played in the yellow zones and on the test server.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Noise Complaint posted:

There are some, most in Awful Company, honestly, some in Nemesis too. Other guilds but the name escapes me. There are some good guilds out there and it's worth taking the time to research what you want to do and find the guild for it. If you don't like ZvZ, maybe don't join ARCH. If you like a guild that does Crystal Arena or whatever, find one that does that. And most importantly, plays within your time zone.

Curious what alliance you were in. If it's anyway involved with SwoleBenji, yea, get out. But I can't imagine they'd be taking over an alliance at any point. They are a huge meme in Albion.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

ShowTime posted:

There are some, most in Awful Company, honestly, some in Nemesis too. Other guilds but the name escapes me. There are some good guilds out there and it's worth taking the time to research what you want to do and find the guild for it. If you don't like ZvZ, maybe don't join ARCH. If you like a guild that does Crystal Arena or whatever, find one that does that. And most importantly, plays within your time zone.

Curious what alliance you were in. If it's anyway involved with SwoleBenji, yea, get out. But I can't imagine they'd be taking over an alliance at any point. They are a huge meme in Albion.

No I was in GREY, they are good folks, everyone there is awesome. Unfortunately I butt heads with a streamer that runs one of the guilds because I caused too many political problems by doing things like ratting objectives and territories from some of the bigger guilds/alliances in the area, lmao. Also suggesting recruiting from Twitch chat was not the best idea if we weren't pushing people to fame up/get their poo poo sorted before coming to the black zone.

Also yeah I don't get SwoleBenji's gimmick, i just see his weird Youtube videos every once in awhile, no idea if he's in black zone.

I mostly play Albion for the ZVZ and open world fights. Despite being a beta player I only came back recently, but went in full force and have a stable as gently caress economy and solid knowledge of builds and have done some shotcalling already. It's been a lot of fun, and it's incredibly funny how angry some people get over things like power cores.

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 15, 2023

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
my recent baffling experience with swolebenji was mentioning his name one time as a joke in the albion twitch chat and then he immediately started dming me complaining that SBI and liberals dont like him

felt real weird but I got to tell him to his face that nobody likes him, not just SBI and us liberals

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So I'm brand new to this game and want to get in on the new server. Is there a Goon guild on it? Also, what's your Discord, the link in the OP is broken

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

SacrificialGoat posted:

So I'm brand new to this game and want to get in on the new server. Is there a Goon guild on it? Also, what's your Discord, the link in the OP is broken

https://discord.com/invite/archGayy

Fixed the OP... ty bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Cool. Any idea when the new server goes up tomorrow?