Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
How the heck do I get into the join-arch chat channel? Also, there seem to be several Awful Company42069 guilds, or at least fakes trying to get me to join them. Sorry for stinking up the thread with my noobery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh
Hi posting in thread for awfulcompany42069 ign Mekai

maxidious fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 20, 2023

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I'm Sizrobe, I applied last night and got declined for some reason?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEdUuD_F2Q

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

SacrificialGoat posted:

I'm Sizrobe, I applied last night and got declined for some reason?

to Awful Company 42069?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

FormerFatty posted:

to Awful Company 42069?

It looks like someone let me in. Thanks!

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 21, 2023

maxidious
Sep 25, 2007

Meh

FormerFatty posted:

to Awful Company 42069?

I’ve applied and was denied too, any help?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
reapply if you got a deny <3

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
There's so many people on the new server that it's just laughably easy to drop a mil on the Cross marketplace for 50-60% discounted raw and secondary materials and resell it all two tiles over for a huge profit. Why even bother farming.

Like I know there's an eventual saturation limit where you're purchasing all of the raw materials but it's by far the easiest money I've found.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Have they improved lag in mid/large scale zvz? That's what made me quit last time

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

Have they improved lag in mid/large scale zvz? That's what made me quit last time

Yes significantly -- Im guessing you played between 2017 and 2020?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

just started playing this, applying for the guild cause why not. my character's name is bridgemix, i guess?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Who runs the server now? POE? Did many players split off to the East server?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

err posted:

Who runs the server now? POE? Did many players split off to the East server?

yea a lot of people split to east but still plenty of people on west -- no one really owns west, id say Escalation is probably the strongest zerg but theres always a hype guild every season etc. What you been upto bro?

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
im back and loving collecting the tears- game is so good right now

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Giving this a go; hopefully there's still some room left in the goon guild. Applied as R4zzleD4zzle.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Moose_Knuck posted:

Giving this a go; hopefully there's still some room left in the goon guild. Applied as R4zzleD4zzle.

done

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Applied as Seancool

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Mr.PayDay posted:

Applied as Seancool

done -- welcome

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Trying this game out as a complete newbie. I've been testing out different weapons and the Quarterstaff seems to click the most with me. Just been running solo dungeons and a couple Corrupted Dungeons without any PvP yet. I'd like to take the plunge and venture to red zones and do more CD's but I'm not completely sure about my gear choices. Could I get some tips/opinions so I won't waste my time leveling up gear pieces I'll not end up using?

Currently running a mage hood, mercenary jacket and soldier boots. I'm thinking of switching to cloth shoes for the energy gain sprint however as the Quarterstaff seems rather energy-hungry. I've also been thinking of maybe switching to stalker jacket for more burst or assassin jacket for just general slipperiness. I'm also not sure about the mage cowl - it's good damage but if I'd go for all the damage skills I fear I'll lack sustain and utility.

Any suggestions for a gear set complementing solo pve/pvp adventuring? I don't mind being slightly less effective at pve if it's the difference between beating someone up or eating dirt in their place.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
As far as your mana issues go you have three options: 1) Bring mana pots, 2) Wear cloth shoes, like you said (not a horrible idea), 3) Wear a scholar cowl instead of the mage cowl. Honestly, of the three I'd personally go with the scholar cowl and bring poison potions if you want to PvP. The rejuvenating sprint is pretty useful for sustain. Also, if you want to run a bruiser-like build, I'd recommend running the 2nd Q and first W with roast pork. I've only been playing for a little while, so take it with a grain of salt, but I have seen the bruiser build run with great effect.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Holy hell, the grind to unlock tier V gathering tools will take weeks :sludgepal:

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
If you don’t have premium and learning points, yeah.

Easiest way to grind up mid-level gathering is to hit the Ava roads and look for a one- or two-sword resource mob of the level above your tool’s tier. It’ll be slow going, but it harvests faster than the nodes on the ground and each one you find will have hundreds of ticks.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Yep, thanks for the tipps, I bought premium because it’s a slog without it. I am starting to farm Tier IV and V areas now and premium gives additional resources as well.
Albion f2p makes grinding a pain. That’s no surprise obviously , It is clearly designed as a pay to play game.

I enjoy gathering and farming open world NPCs tho both on PC and iPad brain afk while watching series, films or listening to podcasts. It’s really chill and relaxing. Well, in Blue and Yellow zones that is.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Thinking of hopping back in and trying this again, it's been a few years for sure.

Does anyone play this on mobile? I see there's a client for it but loading it up it kind of seems like the UI and everything would be way too small and cluttered

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've been dabbling with the game and the mobile client on iOS (after watching the JSH video on it). It's not terrible. Probably wouldn't want to pvp with it but doing the grind is tolerable.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I like the idea of being able to play mobile or on PC, and being able to switch back and forth depending on where you are, but there is a noticeable control difference between them. You are gonna have way more success on PC. But if you are just looking to get out there, grind on some NPCs, craft, or take care of your farm, etc, the mobile client is pretty decent for that.

But you will get slapped around in a PvP fight.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I gave it a shot and yeah it seems like it might be good for just gathering materials and whatnot.

Is the goon guild still running on the West server? Which one should I apply to?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I gave it a shot and yeah it seems like it might be good for just gathering materials and whatnot.

Is the goon guild still running on the West server? Which one should I apply to?

If youre brand new -- apply to awful company 42069

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Awesome. I've applied now. Any chance I can bring a friend with me?

FormerFatty posted:

If youre brand new -- apply to awful company 42069

On that note I'm not entirely brand new, I think I was in the guild at launch a long time ago. Haven't played that much though.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

New to this game, crazy how many players are running around in this thing. I've joined the new eastern server, I saw there is an Awful company guild on there, hoping I can get an invite, would be cool to play a game with goons again. Character name is Shithead, all caps but the 'I' is a lower case L. Cheers goonbros.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Not sure that's actually a goon guild on there so I've applied to Awful Company 42069 on the west server. I am your humble servant.

fubolicious
Dec 31, 2020
You can app to awful company. Also here is the discord: https://discord.gg/archgayy

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Pushing rank one with my Korean brothers on east, pretty fun experience for the first week.

Sprocket
Apr 1, 2005

woof
Applied to the guild, ign Kanixial

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Posting for Auth, In game name is "Frogatron". I am a founder and stopped playing like 4 ish year ago. Looking to get back in.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Forgotton posted:

Posting for Auth, In game name is "Frogatron". I am a founder and stopped playing like 4 ish year ago. Looking to get back in.

Apply in game to Awful Company -- Ill accept.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

Apply in game to Awful Company -- Ill accept.

Sooo, the 42069 sister guild accepted me lol. I forgot I put in an app for them too. Then while running around Arch territory I randomly ran in to Dankquan and a couple homies bringing back a core to the guild hide out. They were being attacked and outnumbered so I hopped off my mount and proceeded to help. We got the core back and Dank told me to drop guild and he would invite me. I thought maybe that would circumvent the cool down. Spoiler: It doesn't. All good. The random encounter was fun as hell. I'll see you nerds in 3 days when this loving cool down is over.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Applied to Awful Company42069 in game as Yerdazabam, and I DMd GluttonySDS on discord too.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloudspit
Mar 8, 2009
Applied to Awful Company42069 in game as Cloudspit

Coming from EVE online. I look forward to our time together.