Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Just started playing. This game is super fun. Is ARCH still the organization to join? The Discord in the OP was dead, but the previous pages say ARCH is where people are ending up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Cool, done did it and messaged Gluttony

Edit: got denied, though I don't think Gluttony has logged on to check my messages

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 3, 2022

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Is it a SA only company? Because I just left SA and Discord details and if the person reviewing isn't from SA, it wouldn't make any sense.

Also it says to join the ARCH discord, but the link isn't working anymore. I searched for an alternative and it's using the same URL. I even tried as many versions of it I could. But it could be because I'm not in the ARCH Discord. All good, i'm not in a rush. Just grinding up fame and money at the moment.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sludge_McBain posted:

Returning player from Beta and release. Haven't done anything since.

Applied in game but can't find the discord server to apply. I'll keep trying.

IGN: Darkken

I'm Headshock in-game and Headshock#7342 in Discord, if you at least wanna run duos. Lots we can do as a couple right now it seems, so we might as well. I can hook you up with a decent 4.1 set at least so we can do some poo poo.

Deathbringers are so much fun, I just started playing them and they fit my preferred playstyle perfect. I've been leveling up a mix of Bloodletter, Bow of Badon and Demonic Staff, but I think i'm gonna focus on Deathbringers going forword, then get a healing setup going and then finish off the other weapons.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'd love to get a 5's together for arena. I've been having so much fun playing that. I'd run arena's all day if I could, for fame/silver. Seems they cap it at 3 victories, at least in non-ranked tier. Maybe we can get a little squad going of 3-5 players for whatever content fits.

I'll add you and maybe we'll do something later. I'm trying to stick to tier 4.1 ~ ish right now just to level spec and get gold.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sludge_McBain posted:

Application declined!

It happens. Maybe i'll apply later. Hopefully me and the other goons in this thread can still play together.

Merton Blask posted:

I’m not in main arch anymore and I’m not sure how long this’ll stay active, but this is the discord:

https://discord.gg/archgayy

That link works. The extra 'y' did it. Maybe the old url got removed or banned or something?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Off the URL in the Awful Company, they want you to join https://www.archgay.com Discord. It's actually that link posted earlier (https://discord.gg/archgayy). The URL in the info for Awful Company doesn't work. You also must register in the Arch discord, but you can't until you get into a guild.

If it sounds like i'm talking poo poo about the entire process, I am. I still wanna join, but what in the gently caress.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Thanks for the info. I was mostly just looking to get into an org with friendly players with a pvp focus to help me with getting into the game. I might just look elsewhere, since I'm maybe not a big fan of the big orgs. When I asked for a guild here I wasn't really aware ARCH was as big as it was, but now that i'm playing more I realize just how huge they are.

But that info really helps explain whats going on and I thank you.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea that was really helpful info. I wasn't sure what was going on now I know whats up with ARCH, etc, and got some tips on starting out. There are a ton of guides out there but I think the biggest thing I learned was using the runes to upgrade those cheap tier 4 sets into 4.1 or even 4.2. You still get a decent enough IP (item power, for the new people, like me, who recently learned that term and it's used ALOT) and it doesn't cost poo poo. You can do basically all content in 4.1 or 4.2, you just gotta level up your specialization points. It makes going for harder tier content affordable and rewarding.

I'm gonna try and join a smaller, more PvP focused guild, but it seems like they are harder to join. I really like arena and spend most of my time playing in it, while I go out and grind up gathering skills and kill the random mobs, waiting for a queue.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Your best bet is to join any ARCH guild -- if you want one to experience the benefits of ARCH without any of the ZVZ requirements, just apply in game to Awful Company 42069 and I will accept provided you messaged me on discord as well.

Yea I went ahead and applied. We messaged each other on Discord too.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Did anyone happen to catch the CLC semi-finals today? I know most people don't care about them, but I have an interest in arenas and wanted to watch. It was a complete travesty. The winning makeup is (and maybe you all already know this) is a team of 2 healers, you just get 1 kill and either 2 nodes or 1 node, with at least 1 neutral. Then you just outlast. Sometimes the winning team is able to get some extra kills and it goes a little faster, but a majority of the matches went to 20+ minutes. I think one of them went the full 25 minutes and ended like 149 - 143 or something.

At the end the teams running this makeup were just playing paper, rock, scissors while the commentors tried to keep chat interested. Everyone, announcers and casters included, at least noted how they have to change something. Tomorrow has at least 2 teams using that makeup in it, so it's gonna be much of the same.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Ahhh, even by switching gear you can't switch to a second healer? They were doing a lot of equipment swaps today. The matches were better and not as much just stalling for a win. Even the matches that went very long were pretty good. The team that ended up winning, Mitos, almost got knocked to loser bracket but the other team, Purple something, messed up a bit, lost a point and Mitos ended up coming back from about 8 points to 140 something. They won with only 2 points and it was crazy hectic. Then, Purple made it back to grand finals, was winning again, but Mitos ended up coming back from about 50 to 143 to win that one super tight as well. In the next game, Mitos must have completely demoralized Purple because they soundly won.

Wasn't a bad day of matches. It's insane thinking about how much silver they win. Each skin is like 4billion silver, so they are basically set for silver for a very long time. But it's also crazy to think about how much silver they end up losing just for participating. Since it's lethal, everytime they die they lose that gear and they are rocking like 8.3 and 8.4, which is just left on the ground. Billions and billions lost. I'm sitting here struggling to stay in decent gear and 1 item they have is worth everything i've made since I started.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Made a rookie mistake and went to Brecilien without realizing you couldn't leave easily. You can travel planner, but you gotta be naked. And i'm not knowledgeable enough to navigate the map back without dying and losing my best set of gear. So I ended up banking it, traveling back and am using basic poo poo again to work my way back up.

Lesson learned, but man this game can be rough sometimes.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just got into Awful Company and went to check out the island to see that it's not being used. Anyway I could build it up? I see the guild bank has like 27m in it, which can fund the build up. Who do I talk to about that?

I realize Awful Company is just a holding corp, but there is also 27m just sitting there doing nothing.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've got a tier 5 island now, but I don't have the money to get it going further. I kind of hit a plateau when it comes to making money. I've basically gotta start venturing into the red/black zones to progress, but when I go there I find people in 8.3 with 3500+ hp to my 2500hp. And they prey on people like me, because even using just 4.1, my total value adds up to about 300k-400k and that's an easy kill for them.

I've been looking into other ways to make money and people have recommended faction warfare, so I might try that. Just go as a healer in 4.1 or whatever and use the points to buy stuff and sell. I really just wanna get like 10m so I have a safety net where i'm not stressed about going into a lethal zone and dying.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Pretty sure using your focus to graft, do island work, or refine etc is one of the more gauranteed ways to get a solid income stream...

Yea i've been looking into it more and more, leveling up my laborers and just trying to figure things out. I know not to use focus to water plants. And I have been leveling up my gathering to use. I eventually want to turn my island into a little farming/crafting machine. Just trying to focus on getting some weapon/armor specs up right now so I can more efficiently farm and in the event I find a group to play with and do stuff, I have an adequately leveled build. I'm hoping that i'll eventually break this plateau I'm in and the money just starts to stream in. I think the most i've made in a single outing is 400k, but then after repairs, accounting for food used, I barely make half that.

Edit: I did manage to get my first PvP kill going to a black zone in 4.1. Went into a solo dungeon to kill stuff (was going afk back and forth cooking so wanted some safety) and someone else ended up being in there. Decided to see who it was and it was some guy in Tier 7/Tier 8. He had about 500IP on me, but i'm certain he was on mobile just doing "safe" farming with maps and I ended up wrecking him. Didn't make too much, but it was a nice 400k ish and I got some gear i'll eventually use.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 17, 2022

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone still playing? I've been having fun with it still. They are about to announce the console version and we'll see how that improves players, but it looks like there are about 2 million players. Seems pretty healthy to me.

BTW I did leave Awful Company 42069, because the taxes were killing me, but I ended up in N E M E S I S, so i'm still in Arch.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They were 35% when I left. Nemesis taxes are kind of high now too because we get free regears, but the system is changing in the next couple of weeks.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'll actually probably be leaving nemesis soon. They did a big recruiting spree, but their main recruiters themselves are new and it seems like they invited anyone that breathes, not accounting for anything else. So now the guild has like 200+ people, of which, 3 are tanks and 5-6 heal/support (of which, I do both in Holy and Arcane). They have the guild tax set to 30%, which is supposedly for regears, but we never do any mandatory content where we'd do regears.

Yesterday they did an Ava and 3 of the party members only spoke Turkish and Arabic. One of them was supposedly scouting, but didn't, so they got dived and lost 150m in gear in about 10 minutes.

Some of the people are pretty cool though, but that's not enough to keep me running. I've lost about 10mil in the past week due to lovely group dungeons or gank squads, because the shot callers are completely clueless.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I will, and thanks. Who are you on Discord and in-game? I'm cool with going absolutely broke and staying there, it's just annoying when people are completely clueless, but have played for years, so they have a bank that allows them to do dumb poo poo. Also, how elitist some people are. For an example: I joined an AR STT group (well, a few) and we had tons of fun, made a bag of money, it was chill and fun. We ended up losing our last run to some poor communication (no one was using discord and the R for get out because of a bad pull also meant R because a group of reds are where everyone is running) but it was fine, it was a ton of fame and money leading up to that. It happens.

But then, the next day, I join a group doing the same thing that is full of complete elitists who change up what we are doing and call me names for not knowing and/or being down with it. They advertised AR STT, I join, they make me switch a bunch of gear and then suddenly we are chasing an AVA group, that requires going to roads, which is locked because they all went in before me. No talking, just, we were doing this thing, now this other thing is happening, we didn't give you any warning, it's just happening and you are a noob for not knowing about it. It was a change that happened in seconds too, from going to this place, group up on the NE corner of AR, to, go SE, why aren't you here, you are a noob for not knowing this. No joke, a complete change in 30 seconds.

I think it was just a group of veterans that didn't invite me to their clique and poo poo talked me for not being down, but it was still annoying and felt like a waste of time. ARCH seems to have this vast gap of people who are really, really experienced and then people who are complete rookies. Unfortunately i'm a rookie, and while people have been friendly, most aren't. And if they are or aren't, chance is, they don't speak English so I have no idea.

Jokes on them I guess. I'm in nemesis, Sceid likes me and he runs Arch now. I think it was known about for awhile, but it took some time to get out there. Everyone in nemesis is very cool, the vets are friendly and helpful, the new guys (like me) are all the same, if inexperienced. I think the only issue with ARCH is how loving huge it is, so you get lost in the crowd. But, I guess things are gonna start changing, from what Sceid has talked to us about.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I had you on my friends list from earlier. ARCH can be full of some absolutely garbage players, so if Awful Company ever does anything in-guild, let me know. I've resolved myself to just doing stuff with certain guilds because either the randos in this alliance are utter garbage or don't speak any English, which makes doing anything a headache.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I mean, cabbage should be producing seeds along with the produce. So you get the seed + the produce. If you spend focus on the plants then you'll get a seed from every plant, but not sure that's worth it with cabbage. Carrots are basically the way to go, unless you are turning the produce into something. It's worth putting some points into the plants you'll be using for crafting in that case. But carrots are the "cheapest" way to feed livestock. Only issue is carrots don't naturally produce seeds, so you have to water them to get the seeds, but if you do that then you get 2x seeds per plant. What you could do is have 2 farm plants, water 9 plants and get 18 seeds, which is enough for both plots. I think it comes to around 5k focus.

Also, workers? You mean laborers? They shouldn't affect anything with your plants.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea, or let me know. Nemesis is hit or miss, they are really good, along with Awful Company, but they have some absolute idiots too. And they rarely remove anyone, but they did recently because people were fame farming while we had a CTA going on. Also, they don't really remove their vets, so they have people that haven't logged in for 2 years.

But Nemesis and AC account for like, 90% of the good, committed players in the entire ARCH alliance. Which is why a lot of ARCH alliances are either being removed or on the cusp of being removed. Sceid is really starting to cull the people that don't provide anything to the alliance.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Darwin_ posted:

I wish I checked this thread sooner. Joined Nemesis and my experience is extremely similar to yours. You summed up everything pretty well, I don't think I have anything else to add.

Now I'm inclined to either play more solo, do my own thing with faction events, arena, CDs, crafting and try to skip guild events or find another group of people that I can actually enjoy the content. Are you still in Nemesis?

Btw, Crystal Arena gives pretty good amount of fame books to level up to T8 fast. That and also you can buy faction chests by earning faction tokens. Chests usually have 100k/200k fame books inside which you can grind in a short amount of time.

Nah I left Nemesis awhile ago. Really not playing much anymore but definitely not in Nemesis. As with most MMOs, a community is really important and that doesn't exist there. It's built around running ARCH, which as a whole isn't an organization with any kind of community other than being ARCH. Most of the CTAs are like "get here, we gotta look good". There are some situations where it was in the benefit of the alliance but most of them were just defending a guild HQ i'd never seen before.

Join a smaller guild, preferably not in an alliance at all and that doesn't do ZvZ. Way more fun.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Noise Complaint posted:

Are there cool people to play with in ARCH? I'm having a difficult time with a streamer personality that's kind of taken over the alliance I'm in and I need to find a new home..

There are some, most in Awful Company, honestly, some in Nemesis too. Other guilds but the name escapes me. There are some good guilds out there and it's worth taking the time to research what you want to do and find the guild for it. If you don't like ZvZ, maybe don't join ARCH. If you like a guild that does Crystal Arena or whatever, find one that does that. And most importantly, plays within your time zone.

Curious what alliance you were in. If it's anyway involved with SwoleBenji, yea, get out. But I can't imagine they'd be taking over an alliance at any point. They are a huge meme in Albion.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I like the idea of being able to play mobile or on PC, and being able to switch back and forth depending on where you are, but there is a noticeable control difference between them. You are gonna have way more success on PC. But if you are just looking to get out there, grind on some NPCs, craft, or take care of your farm, etc, the mobile client is pretty decent for that.

But you will get slapped around in a PvP fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Virigoth posted:

Do we have any marketers here that are working at scale? I’ve been trying to flip and refine with 10m and it feels like I need about 100m before it gets serious and really takes off. Is that a sane thought after a week of casually marketing?

I've got a little money you can have to maybe boost what you're doing. It's not a lot, but if you sell the gear it'll come out to like 50mil I think. My Discord name is .Headshock. Message me there and we'll work out a window.