Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Haven't seen any shops doing Christmas decorations yet, but I'm keeping and eye out and will get mad when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
They aren't Christmas trees yet, but I've noticed a lot of pines trees - Just trying to stay on top of this.

Grandmother of Five

Saw someone getting a gift wrapped. Seems a little early for a Christmas present, a little too well prepared and thoughtful for my tastes. Could be a very late birthday present, though, possibly someone who forgot about a birthday and is scrambling to make up for it, let's hope.

Grandmother of Five

Not sure whether Die Hard is really a Christmas movie or not, as such, but it is has been available since May on Viaplay-on-demand.

Grandmother of Five

*Alternates between watching the thermometer which is currently at 2 degrees, and a clear blue sky, with a suspicious and scornful frown on my face*

Manifisto

worried about wrapping paper. it's the eternal question, how long do you wait to lay in a supply of high-quality wrap? yes availability becomes much better as the holidays approach and the factories start churning out product, but the good stuff gets snapped up quickly and you're left with a choice of cheap but tissue-paper thin wrap with terrible colors and offputting designs, or the ultra high quality stuff that virtually nobody ever gets because it costs more than the drat gifts.

ty nesamdoom!

FactsAreUseless

It's 400 BC and somehow it's Christmas already. Gets a year earlier every year.

City of Glompton

I learned a thing or two from studying my enemy - preparation is key. I've set a google alert and when it's activated, my screed against early christmas will be automatically posted. I'll receive a text alert that it's time to be furious.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
JESUS WILL NOT BE STEALING BACK HIS BIRTHDAY PRESENTS THIS YEAR

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

*scrapes 2 fingers of black and orange paint across left cheek* yeah, I'm ready... *other cheek* they come earlier every year you know. last year they managed to breach the hallwoeen line, but we pushed them back. this year, i just don't know, but I'll be ready.

war on christmas is hell.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
pretty soon, Christmas and Halloween are going to be the same holiday, and everyone will ignore Thanksgiving, because at that point, what is there to be thankful for?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

Kthulhu5000 posted:

pretty soon, Christmas and Halloween are going to be the same holiday, and everyone will ignore Thanksgiving, because at that point, what is there to be thankful for?

maybe I am slightly wrapping paper obsessed (my fellow "wrapheads" know what I'm talking about though, right fellas? haha) but maybe the thing to do is to have all the fall/winter holidays and occasions mixed together onto the same wrapping paper. you know, like pumpkins and autumn leaves and turkeys and christmas trees and menorahs and kwanzaa, um, chalices? and confetti/streamers. that way I can get my wrapping paper shopping done early and spend some quality time with my ribbon collection, which is I think up to like 350 different 'bons.

ty nesamdoom!

Elusif

Whats christmas

vanisher

Just spotted an older gentleman with a white beard. He wasn't wearing red, and didn't have rosy cheeks, but I warned him to trim it before it caused concern or confusion with the upcoming holiday.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

vanisher posted:

Just spotted an older gentleman with a white beard. He wasn't wearing red, and didn't have rosy cheeks, but I warned him to trim it before it caused concern or confusion with the upcoming holiday.

you know why there are so many older guys with white beards who are also fatty?

it goes back to the Cold War, when American military strategists determined that there needed to be a strategic Santa Claus reserve force, to keep the spirit of Christmas alive in America once The Big One happened. The necessity of this was justified by the argument that keeping the spirit of Christmas alive would aid in the rebuilding in a capitalist economy out of whatever resources could be scraped from the nuke-blasted ashpile of the Earth.

To ensure a ready reserve pool of potential candidates, the Pentagon slipped an engineered hormone (SC-X) into the American food supply. It was designed to accumulate in the body fat and gradually build up its presence, until reaching a critical activation point and promoting rapid fat gain and white follicle growth stimulus. It was found that the taste of SC-X best mixed with (and thus was mostly inserted into) foods with flavors that computer nerds love. Oh yeah, SC-X also causes an intense interest in rainbow suspenders and arcane UNIX operating system variants.

Anyhow, if you see anyone approaching you and asking you questions about SCO or System V or COBOL, turn around and quickly walk away. They're recruiters for the Santa Claus reserve branch of the US military. And brother, that is one nest of nightmares you don't want anything to do with.

----------------

Twenty Four

I actually saw a fake christmas tree lit up at a store yesterday. I hung some of their halloween decorations on it.

Grandmother of Five

Guy from Jehovah's Witnesses: did u realize, that Christma-
Me, starting early/mid October to around December 22rd: YES! YES!
Guy from jehovah's Witnesses: oh..ah,its you, well..b-bye!
Me, starting early/mid October to around December 22rd: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Shopper: Oh, look honey! It's that guy from the Lord of the Rings!

Gollum: My... CHRIS-MUSSSS!!!

Shopper: Oh, my...

Gollum: It likes... DISCOUNTS? If IT buys, and we doesn't charge full price- we EATS it, CHRIS-MUSS!

Shopper: It gets weirder and weirder each year

Gollum: Pumpkin Spice CHRIS-MUSS! Oh yes, we loves it! It is yummy, unlike nasty, filthy taters

Shopper: I'm gonna shop on Amazon, screw this retail poo poo

Gollum: Curse, you! We hates it, hates it! FOREVER!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

Grandmother of Five posted:

Guy from Jehovah's Witnesses: did u realize, that Christma-
Me, starting early/mid October to around December 22rd: YES! YES!
Guy from jehovah's Witnesses: oh..ah,its you, well..b-bye!
Me, starting early/mid October to around December 22rd: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.

Splatmaster posted:

Shopper: Oh, look honey! It's that guy from the Lord of the Rings!

Gollum: My... CHRIS-MUSSSS!!!

Shopper: Oh, my...

Gollum: It likes... DISCOUNTS? If IT buys, and we doesn't charge full price- we EATS it, CHRIS-MUSS!

Shopper: It gets weirder and weirder each year

Gollum: Pumpkin Spice CHRIS-MUSS! Oh yes, we loves it! It is yummy, unlike nasty, filthy taters

Shopper: I'm gonna shop on Amazon, screw this retail poo poo

Gollum: Curse, you! We hates it, hates it! FOREVER!

Macnult

oh how the year flies by

Sing Along

by Athanatos

alnilam posted:

*scrapes 2 fingers of black and orange paint across left cheek* yeah, I'm ready... *other cheek* they come earlier every year you know. last year they managed to breach the hallwoeen line, but we pushed them back. this year, i just don't know, but I'll be ready.

war on christmas is hell.

----------------

vanisher

*driving through a forest of pine trees next to morpheus*

I didnt believe it either, then I saw the fields with my own eyes.

google THIS

Guy in the back of an unmarked white van: Hey kid, you want some free candy?

Kid: Oh boy! Halloween candy?

Guy: Even better. I got candy canes and those red and green M&M's!

Kid: Help! Get away from me, you Christmas creep!

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
I just made someone a Christmas hamper and don’t even regret it. I may do once all the fresh produce in it goes mouldy by Christmas but right now I’m buzzing.

Macnult

Earlier today when I finished paying for my things at Target the lady behind me placed her items on the belt and said “Just doing some Christmas shopping”.
I had to try very hard to not turn around and start freaking the hell out about how early Christmas starts

vanisher

I do ALL my Chrustmas shopping early

*semi truck full of goods rolls up*

Every Christmas all at once

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
As a procrastinator, I don't start freaking out about how early Christmas starts until Christmas is already over

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
A friend of mine brought up christmas tree shopping yesterday. Got so mad I punched a hole through his fishtank and ripped all of his twizzlers into separate, individual strands

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

blaise rascal

October 23, 2117

Clouds of black ash swirl in the air. Twelve eldritch reindeer swoop through the sky, their shrieks matched in hideousness only by the cackles of their crimson leader.

A feel people shudder, gasp, and fall over dead from the sound. Those of us who remain exchange terrified glances. The question on all of our minds is whether or not this winter will be the one that finally does in humanity. We want to be hopeful, but Christmas, it seems, comes earlier and earlier each year...

UWBW

*running down the street in mid-june, doggedly pursued by a roaming pack of wild elves*
"Every GOD drat year with this poo poo!"

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

alnilam

store rack: CLEARANCE: ALL CHRISTMAS ITEMS 75% OFF UNTIL SUPPLIES RUN OUT

me: what the FRIG it's only January and already with this stuff???

blaise rascal

Imagine, if you will, four balls on the edge of a cliff. Christmas works the same way.

UWBW

blaise rascal posted:

Imagine, if you will, four balls Christmas ornaments on the edge of a cliff. Christmas works the same way.

Macnult

UWBW posted:

*running down the street in mid-june, doggedly pursued by a roaming pack of wild elves*
"Every GOD drat year with this poo poo!"

lol

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

MERRY CHRISTMAS BYOB

E: I HAVE A GUN

Munchables fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 24, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

Munchables posted:

MERRY CHRISTMAS BYOB

Ummm, Trigger warning?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Ummm, Trigger warning?

Fixed it

Twenty Four

vanisher posted:

I do ALL my Chrustmas shopping early

*semi truck full of goods rolls up*

Every Christmas all at once

50 years from now, your grandchildren rolling their eyes when they open their "Blu-rays". Who even has a player for those things anymore?

"What do you say?" their parents ask, as they mumble an unenthusiastic "thaaaaaank youuuuuu" and toss their gifts in the corner.

vanisher

*my great grandchildren, after my passing, opening gifts dispensed from my well funded and carefully organized estate*

Thanks for the now illegal pellet gun great grandpa

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Distant relatives opening gifts in the future, throwing out their Applebees gift cards, as the restaurant chain went out of business back in 2042.

• Locked thread