Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pubic works project posted:

No because you motherfuckers are spoiling Infinity War.

The comic has been out for 30 years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I have to work tonight, god drat it :qq:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Winkie01 posted:

call in sick

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doltos posted:

I can't read.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Going on the record before the draft for what I'd like from the giants because I still have no idea what the hell they're gonna do

Very happy: darnold, Rosen

Satisfied: Barkley, mayfield, trade down and get either chubb/Nelson, trade down to pick 12 (buffalo) or later while getting an rg3 haul

Displeased: chubb or Nelson at 2 (only because of missing out on value from a potential trade down where they'd still be available), a trade down to pick 12 or later with a mediocre return

Josh Allen rage cage: josh Allen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At lunch commissary just now that the Fox Sports dudes also use some sports manager-level guy just told me he thinks the Chiefs are moving into the late first round "around 30".

Of course I told him Predator looks good so he could be just as clueless on what he's talking about as I am.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jota posted:

Who would you realistically be happy with the Dolphins getting?

tarbrush posted:

I've somehow managed to ignore the draft until now. Who do we think the Dolphins ar picking, and how do we expect to fail?

Rosen is the pick if he slides.

Assuming he’s gone:

Tremaine Edmunds
Roquan Smith
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Vita Vea

I would be most happy with one of the LB’s, fine with Minkah, not super happy with Vea.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Doltos posted:

:rolleye:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waroduce posted:

Guys I have reports that one of 4 potential qbs will be the first pick!!!!

Those 4 are darnold, Mayfield, Allen and Rosen

um source???? ?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Winkie01 posted:

Phone post like the rest of us. :colbert:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

"With the first pick of the 2018 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns have fired Hue Jackson for being a team cancer."

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
As a Dolphins fan:

Rosen
L. Jackson
R. Smith
Edmunds
Derwin James
Vea

In that order

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/989595748550545408

Lol Dorsey hates his coach

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

warcrimes posted:

Lol Dorsey hates his coach

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want to draft the worst humanm who is good but not great

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

Unless he's trying to prove that Hue is leaking things to the press what is the upside for Dorsey to lie to his head coach about this?

Not that I don't believe it because nothing would surprise me about how the Browns operate anymore, but if they're going to work together (for a year) it doesn't seem like a good look.

Hue Jackson is an idiot who should be lied to constantly.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
i love the idea that Mike Maccagnan is a mastermind

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/989608331525476358

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Hue is such a loving dipshit. I can't believe they let him stay after last season. That's a goddamn travesty considering the other coaches who managed to do much better and still got fired.

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah Hue was probably bugging him to get the pick so Dorsey just bullshitted him to get him to leave. That Mayfield stuff really didn't seem realistic, he could end up being decent but number one overall? I don't see him like that

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Professor Funk posted:

i love the idea that Mike Maccagnan is a mastermind

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/989608331525476358

?

Jets are literally going with whoever is left

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Blitz7x posted:

?

Jets are literally going with whoever is left

They are trying to influence the QB teams below them from trading up.

Same reason why the Browns aren't tipping their #1 pick. They want to protect #4.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

At lunch commissary just now that the Fox Sports dudes also use some sports manager-level guy just told me he thinks the Chiefs are moving into the late first round "around 30".

I just don't think they have the ammunition to do this. I mean it could happen if they want to badly enough but...

Veach is kind of fun so far but this might be too fun for me.

Bigass Moth posted:

Well yeah, I wasn't disputing that. But Dorsey did take the job apparently knowing that he'd have to work with Hue for at least a while.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Imagine every GM thinking they are absolute masterminds because they told everyone publicly they were going to draft a guy then drafted a different guy. True 11th dimensional chess.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
oh man, i need to go home and start drinking

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Unless he's trying to prove that Hue is leaking things to the press what is the upside for Dorsey to lie to his head coach about this?

Not that I don't believe it because nothing would surprise me about how the Browns operate anymore, but if they're going to work together (for a year) it doesn't seem like a good look.

I mean, barring a miracle, Hue is very obviously a lame duck (they've kept him around to prove Haslam can put up with a coach for at least three seasons no matter how bad things get) and it doesn't really matter if you damage your working relationship with him or not.

I'm kind of reminded of when Ted was brought in as GM after Sherman flubbed multiple drafts in a row. The Packers had gone 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, but Ted didn't bother giving Sherman any immediate help, the Packers went 4-12, Sherman was fired and Ted brought in Fat Mike immediately.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why hasn’t anyone invented march madness bracket challenge type game for the nfl draft?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I just don't think they have the ammunition to do this. I mean it could happen if they want to badly enough but...

Well yeah, I wasn't disputing that. But Dorsey did take the job apparently knowing that he'd have to work with Hue for at least a while.

If they do I will accept it only if somehow Josh Jackson falls that far. That would be worth it since he is essentially Marcus Peters.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I think they could do it for a 3rd rounder. They could also dangle Chris Conley as an add-on if he could pass a physical.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

I mean, barring a miracle, Hue is very obviously a lame duck (they've kept him around to prove Haslam can put up with a coach for at least three seasons no matter how bad things get) and it doesn't really matter if you damage your working relationship with him or not.

I'm kind of reminded of when Ted was brought in as GM after Sherman flubbed multiple drafts in a row. The Packers had gone 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, but Ted didn't bother giving Sherman any immediate help, the Packers went 4-12, Sherman was fired and Ted brought in Fat Mike immediately.

Drafting number one overall again next year will possibly lure a new coach in, even with the Browns stank.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I wonder how good Fox's coverage tonight will be. Every other way I have to watch via streaming will probably be 60-90 seconds behind.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Randaconda posted:

Drafting number one overall again next year will possibly lure a new coach in, even with the Browns stank.

Pending a Josh Allen selection tonight, I think the 2018 Browns can scrape out four wins.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

boop the snoot posted:

Why hasn’t anyone invented march madness bracket challenge type game for the nfl draft?

They've done some prediction games, but they're honestly really tough because trades can completely change a first round

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Silly Burrito posted:

I wonder how good Fox's coverage tonight will be. Every other way I have to watch via streaming will probably be 60-90 seconds behind.

Same :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

I just read that Fox is just simulcasting the NFL Network stream and will use Fox talent to supplement the broadcasters.

Fox it is then.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
nfl network is the superior draft viewing option

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I went to double check myself and I'm shocked by how similar Josh Jackson and Marcus Peters are.

JJ first, then MP:

Height
6'0
6'0

Bench

Vert

Broad

3 Cone

20 yd shuffle

Josh strength is causing turnovers and weaknesses is tackling. Like just...wow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

I've somehow managed to ignore the draft until now. Who do we think the Dolphins ar picking, and how do we expect to fail?

Edmunds or Smith, we have eyes for Vita but not highly.

#1 overall player on their board is Quinton lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

They've done some prediction games, but they're honestly really tough because trades can completely change a first round

I agree but I’m looking at it more from the people who would be running it. People love dumb prediction games and that seems like a surefire way to get dumb people to give you a few bucks with a ridiculously low chance at a large payout.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

DRAFT TIME

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am excited. I am at a Winking Lizard/Lizardville drinking it up waiting for buddies to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HOLY poo poo WHAT

• Locked thread