Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Probably Magic posted:

Tell me about cornerbacks.

All the cornerbacks.

I think Jackson and Ryan will be fine as starters. We could definitely use some depth and competition there, though. Sims is adequate but can be upgrated. McCain can be replaced. I think the Titans go big on DL this next draft, especially pass rushers. We don't have much behind Morgan and Orakpo. Dodd has been a complete bust. Our only good lineman is Casey. Could also upgrade at LB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Logan Ryan is terrible and it's fun to see yet another fanbase learn the "Don't rely on former Patriots" lesson for once

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh mirror mirror on the wall, who's the tallest, whitest quarterback for whom I can trade it all?

- Elway

but seriously who are we wasting picks on this year

Josh Allen, maybe? He's kinda Elway-esque.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

Logan Ryan is terrible and it's fun to see yet another fanbase learn the "Don't rely on former Patriots" lesson for once

I make fun of all teams that spend anything on Brady Backups. Ya'll are fuckin idiots. Brady backups always suck...

....but Jacoby Brissett....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That made me look it up

Brady backups are 47-69 on non-Patriots teams.

Nice.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I think Jackson and Ryan will be fine as starters. We could definitely use some depth and competition there, though. Sims is adequate but can be upgrated. McCain can be replaced. I think the Titans go big on DL this next draft, especially pass rushers. We don't have much behind Morgan and Orakpo. Dodd has been a complete bust. Our only good lineman is Casey. Could also upgrade at LB.

We need a another outside corner. Adoree will be a good nickleback

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Doltos posted:

I always like to use Ray Rice as an example. He had 910 carries and was still a second rounder. I don't think NFL front offices care that much.

He's a top 25 selection right now.

I think he goes top 10 (assuming he stays healthy).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

That made me look it up

Brady backups are 47-69 on non-Patriots teams.

Nice.

Not that he ever started a game but I just thought of Matt Gutierrez for the first time in forever. Now I'm going to seriously try to forget he ever existed again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Not that he ever started a game but I just thought of Matt Gutierrez for the first time in forever. Now I'm going to seriously try to forget he ever existed again.

I knew they'd be under .500. I knew there'd be a lot of them.

I really didn't expect 116 starts since 2009.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

I knew they'd be under .500. I knew there'd be a lot of them.

I really didn't expect 116 starts since 2009.

how many of those are Matt Cassel

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Edit: This isnt the GDT...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

how many of those are Matt Cassel

66 of them (26-40).

It's like.. god, Matt Cassel started 9 games for the Vikings and 6 for the Cowboys. Just dark, dark times.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Cassel looked sorta OK on the Chiefs, but after that he was sooooooo baaaaaaaaaad lol. Like sub-Weeden football sewage.

E: The 2015 Cowboys were built to be a QB paradise basically and he was TOTAL poo poo there.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 20, 2017

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I have zero recollection of Cassel even playing for the cowboys

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Benne posted:

Trey Adams tore his ACL and is coming back for his senior year, so scratch him off your 2018 boards.

Well, that really sucks. I was hoping the Giants would draft him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Roasted Donut posted:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CassMa00/gamelog/2015/

Behold!

:itwaspoo:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrLogan posted:

I think he goes top 10 (assuming he stays healthy).

I very rarely use terms like top 3, top 5, first overall, top 10, etc. It's just my preference to start at the top 25 then go in increments of top 50, top 100, top 150, top 200, top 250. I do this because the top 25 is the top 10% of the draft and I consider that the cut off of upper echelon guys. Top 5 seems to get more superfluous year after year and it's overflowing to the top 10 what with more reach picks happening around picks 7-10 lately. I blame the elite of the elite athletes being too unrecognizable in their upside from one another. It's becoming too hard to say 'That guy's a top 10 pick' when he not only deserves it, but 15 other guys do too.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Roasted Donut posted:

gently caress

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Doltos posted:

I very rarely use terms like top 3, top 5, first overall, top 10, etc. It's just my preference to start at the top 25 then go in increments of top 50, top 100, top 150, top 200, top 250. I do this because the top 25 is the top 10% of the draft and I consider that the cut off of upper echelon guys. Top 5 seems to get more superfluous year after year and it's overflowing to the top 10 what with more reach picks happening around picks 7-10 lately. I blame the elite of the elite athletes being too unrecognizable in their upside from one another. It's becoming too hard to say 'That guy's a top 10 pick' when he not only deserves it, but 15 other guys do too.

....and that isn't including the people who tank at the combine so they don't go to the Browns.

.....and who can blame them?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If Tom Brady goes 12-4 in the regular season his career win percentage drops

Lol

Lol

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Doltos posted:

Fair.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sad King Billy posted:

....and that isn't including the people who tank at the combine so they don't go to the Browns.

.....and who can blame them?

Nobody actually does this

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
MY QB1

Ya'all can go home now, Beathard owns the NFC West.

(he's the one on the left)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I bet he beat hard after he met Taylor.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Coldforge posted:

MY QB1

Ya'all can go home now, Beathard owns the NFC West.

(he's the one on the left)

That needed clarification.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Benne posted:

Nobody actually does this

..but it would be the smart thing to do?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sad King Billy posted:

..but it would be the smart thing to do?

To lose money in draft position and get a "lazy" reputation? No, no it would not be smart.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Sad King Billy posted:

That needed clarification.

I think so; this was Beathard in college:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Cassel looked sorta OK on the Chiefs, but after that he was sooooooo baaaaaaaaaad lol. Like sub-Weeden football sewage.

E: The 2015 Cowboys were built to be a QB paradise basically and he was TOTAL poo poo there.
Cassel was ok in 2010 with Weis masking his poor ability and two 1k rushers.

I'd say Weis is an idiot for going back to college, but he tricked KU into paying him to sit at home so yeah.

As for the Chiefs, the biggest pressing need is at ILB. NT and CB after that.

And I guess a back up developmental QB once they trade Alex Smith.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Edit: wrong thread! Icon's throwing me off :(

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 22, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

QB's

I see Rosen, Allen and Jackson declaring with Darnold returning for another year.

Rosen and Jackson will be the only QB's worth taking in the first and some teams (Buffalo) will be sad for passing on the 2017 class.

Somebody (Jacksonville) is gonna pay a ton for Alex Smith.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wilton Speight is gonna explode in the runup to the draft once all the scouts can get a first-hand look at his Poise and Stature

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

66 of them (26-40).

It's like.. god, Matt Cassel started 9 games for the Vikings and 6 for the Cowboys. Just dark, dark times.

man and I wanted Cassel to start because the alternative was Christian loving Ponder.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So Albright is saying that his front office contacts think Mayfield is QB1 in this class. Scot Mcloughan said as much in Twitter.

It’s an interesting development if neither Darnold or Rosen go first.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

So Albright is saying that his front office contacts think Mayfield is QB1 in this class. Scot Mcloughan said as much in Twitter.

That seems ridiculous with how stacked this QB draft is and it's also too early to tell. Mayfield has that weird knack in the pocket pro QBs need and rarely turns the ball over but his arm isn't exactly stellar.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Darnold's returning to school, and if owners hate Kap enough to blackball him, they're going to despise Rosen and several will probably nix his selection. Would not surprise me at all to see Mayfield go first.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Coldforge posted:

Darnold's returning to school, and if owners hate Kap enough to blackball him, they're going to despise Rosen and several will probably nix his selection. Would not surprise me at all to see Mayfield go first.

Rosen is white though. Wont drop below the 2nd.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Doltos posted:

Notre Dame has two in McGlinchey and Quenton Nelson. Both are huge road graders but Nelson's definitely more sound and an appealing LG prospect that could go top 25.

Mitch Hyatt is probably the guy you're looking for. Crispy clean pass blocker that has some run game chops. Still growing too. Connor Williams was The Guy going into this year but he just tore his knee up so I dunno what'll happen to him now. Okorafor is more of a RT than a LT. Big dude that destroys people but can't really get there against pass rushers. Billy Price might be a LG at the next level. I can see him more as a pulling or sweeping guard than anything. Orlando Brown Jr. is like the biggest guy in college football and he looks pretty athletic too.

Brown is great and I'm pretty sure he's going to climb up the boards after the combine. He's an athletic freak.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mayfield is going to go 1.1 and win the MVP and the super bowl and get elected to the hall of fame as a rookie and kiss me on the mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Rosen is white though. Wont drop below the 2nd.

Is The NFL Ready For A Jewish Quarterback?

• Locked thread