Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Sayori should mediate, because this is a dumb argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Yeah we may as well go all in on Yuri at this point, though I'm curious what the responses are for the "disallowed" choices.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I definitely feel like the MC has a lot of creepy / ominous behavior and thoughts. The most recent whole "I know what's best for you Sayori" bit being a great example of that: depending on tone and context cues that we don't have in text, his motivation could be any of protective, condescending, manipulative...

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Pollyanna posted:

The game would have benefitted from the initial, innocuous part being shortened considerably. Maybe by half, even.

The beginning segments do drag a bit but I think the twist with Sayori and subsequent "second loop" shenanigans rely heavily on the story having that initial room to breathe. It forces you to spend time getting there so that you become emotionally invested and let your guard down; without the player buying in, all the stuff from the twist onwards could easily just come across as a lame gimmick.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Roar posted:

The only sad part about us not going with Yuri this route is that the book Yuri gives us is DRASTICALLY different. We'll go over that in a future update.

Looks like some rascal posted a flier over the classroom calendar!

• Locked thread