Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The sequel to Shadow of Mordor comes out tomorrow. The previews have made some pretty big promises about how encounters & the nemesis stuff is generated uniquely for each player and if it lives up to the expectations its gonna be an easy GOTY

I really liked the original but I had to play it on PS3 that had a broken nemesis system and serious issues with graphical and sound glitches so I never finished the last leg of it but I cant wait to play this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_RWIh10pw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The sequel to Shadow of Mordor comes out tomorrow. The previews have made some pretty big promises about how encounters & the nemesis stuff is generated uniquely for each player and if it lives up to the expectations its gonna be an easy GOTY

I really liked the original but I had to play it on PS3 that had a broken nemesis system and serious issues with graphical and sound glitches so I never finished the last leg of it but I cant wait to play this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_RWIh10pw

I still have hope that this will be good, loot BS aside, but... aren't you forgetting something?

As in, the couple dozen better games that already came out this year, and Super Mario Odyssey?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I want it but it's not like the first game which came out in a year filled with nothing. Between the loot aids and a 100gig pc install I'll wait for a sale.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I do hope the Fortress siege stuff is as fun as the scripted game footage made it look because I need something that scratches that itch and Mount and Blade II won't be coming out for another five years.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm gonna wait and see if the Loot Box aids thing is too dire before making any decisions

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

I want it but it's not like the first game which came out in a year filled with nothing. Between the loot aids and a 100gig pc install I'll wait for a sale.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This game would have to be completely loving amazing for me to be interested in it, for a few reasons such as thus:

- I already burnt out on the first game like 40% into the story, doesn't seem like the gameplay has changed much if at all
- Hearing that they doubled down on the 500 million stats your enemies have I'm sure sounds good to some but not to me. You don't need 90% of that poo poo, it's useless fluff. Here's what they need to tell you: This guy is doesn't like fire/animals/bees. (Attacks) won't work on this guy. THat's it
- WB Newsletter AIDS just puts me off in general
- I don't care about the protagonist and couldn't tell you his or anyone elses name in the game.

It'll probly end up being perfectly fine, even good. I just don't want to play it. My 2c.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I played all the way through Mordor and enjoyed it but agree with most of that. Probably going to wait for this one to be on sale too unless they do something really special with it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm going to wait for confirmation that the loot crate micro transaction stuff can be ignored easily enough and then I'll definitely get it if so. I like the first one a lot and I'm excited about the actual army you can build and the fortress assaults. I just hope it's harder than the first one so you can actually make use of the nemesis stuff but I guess having your own army have captains that will remember if you've helped them out or screwed them over somehow will help with that.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought this was going to be more like mgs5 in terms of building your own army but i guess that was just one video

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this'll be a $2.50 team sale buy for me lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

this'll be a $2.50 team sale buy for me lol

Cool lets all talk about when and at what price point we will buy the game instead of Discussing it.

Not bitch, go to games

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I thought this was going to be more like mgs5 in terms of building your own army but i guess that was just one video

The army buildng and siege stuff does look cool

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I want this but I know if I got it at the same time as mario odyssey's release it would just be ignored for months then forgotten. Hunting down orcs without paying attention to the story or missions was really fun in the first one

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is there really a snarky sidekick ork now or was that just scripted e3 stuff?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The only reason the first game was so well received and not as a mediocre game with one great idea is because it came out in one of the worst years in video games.

I can't remember another year where a game won multiple GOTYs with every single article going out of their way to justify the decision

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Is there really a snarky sidekick ork now or was that just scripted e3 stuff?

your companions are supposed to have random personality traits but im sure its all gonna end up being canned poo poo on loop. it looks like they did away with the 'world' that was just mostly empty space anyway and went to set piece levels with stages, that could be fun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I refuse to play a game where auto-pick up loot is an option locked behind a skill point, let alone a game where that skill point is at the end of a tree

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nah I've watched some vids and the army management stuff is honestly probably more in-depth than MGSV . Like imagine if you actually had your fulton'sd guys fighting in the field with you

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I refuse to play a game where auto-pick up loot is an option locked behind a skill point, let alone a game where that skill point is at the end of a tree

im sure the loot box/microtransaction poo poo is gonna be awful as well

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

im sure the loot box/microtransaction poo poo is gonna be awful as well

belongs in the scary games thread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol that makes me want to puke

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I get that loot boxes/micros are just a part of life for every big game now but it really irks me that after numerous companies have proven you can make poo poo tons of money off them with just cosmetic items that are tucked away in a non-invasive menu someone would force it down your throat like this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What the gently caress

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

what the actual gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

jesus christ

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what sort of diseased mind thinks of such a thing

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

what sort of diseased mind thinks of such a thing

Hollywood has invaded gaming

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Whatever assbag came up with this deserves to be at the end of a tree as well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

:stare:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Return of Bob

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Few things Ihave to say, One, Sale Game lol 2, This game is rear end, the lootcrates? Come on guys, Loot crates are annoying. Anyways 3, LOTR is retarded lol You guys ever try readign that poo poo. Actual ExcertpL: "Elrreeon the elf walked over to Elrrenen the elf and Action Cancelled: Elenrenen has gone insane." lol Also, this game suicks rear end.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Few things Ihave to say, One, Sale Game lol 2, This game is rear end, the lootcrates? Come on guys, Loot crates are annoying. Anyways 3, LOTR is retarded lol You guys ever try readign that poo poo. Actual ExcertpL: "Elrreeon the elf walked over to Elrrenen the elf and Action Cancelled: Elenrenen has gone insane." lol Also, this game suicks rear end.

https://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/917583666972205057

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Lfmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

• Locked thread