Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Few things Ihave to say, One, Sale Game lol 2, This game is rear end, the lootcrates? Come on guys, Loot crates are annoying. Anyways 3, LOTR is retarded lol You guys ever try readign that poo poo. Actual ExcertpL: "Elrreeon the elf walked over to Elrrenen the elf and Action Cancelled: Elenrenen has gone insane." lol Also, this game suicks rear end.

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wanna play on the orc side they're way cooler.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Few things Ihave to say, One, Sale Game lol 2, This game is rear end, the lootcrates? Come on guys, Loot crates are annoying. Anyways 3, LOTR is retarded lol You guys ever try readign that poo poo. Actual ExcertpL: "Elrreeon the elf walked over to Elrrenen the elf and Action Cancelled: Elenrenen has gone insane." lol Also, this game suicks rear end.

Lmfao

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/moondoggy_dogg/status/917584096116727809

lol

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Whatever assbag came up with this deserves to be at the end of a tree as well.

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look and it looked pretty good except I don't see why I shouldn't just pick up the first one for $3 if I want to play this sort of game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wanna play on the orc side they're way cooler.

They should just dump the lovely characters and have it be about a big old orc war. It doesn't need to be a lotr game at all lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

Return of Bob

B has come to.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

B has come to.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I have faith in monolith

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my friend read a kotaku article about loot crates in this and he's losing his poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

B has come to.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

my friend read a kotaku article about loot crates in this and he's losing his poo poo

I'd be losing it too, since Kotaku's horrid layout and awful writing makes me puke when I see it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

*smears frank.club's ashes across my face in front of all the other Imps*

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

What happened to frank

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The most LOTR thing about this is WB being corrupted by the whispered promises of loot crates.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope that whoever invents the first time machine and goes back to kill Hitler stops along the way for the Valve employee that came up with loot crates

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I hope that whoever invents the first time machine and goes back to kill Hitler stops along the way for the Valve employee that came up with loot crates

Pretty sure that employee was Hitler.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Pretty sure that employee was Hitler.

Hitler rolling his desk up next to yours

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

elf help book posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Valve got the idea from some Korean MMO

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There's a hidden ending locked behind a loot box. I wish I was making this up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

There's a hidden ending locked behind a loot box. I wish I was making this up

Lol no thats not real. Stop

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Lol no thats not real. Stop

i did some more digging and supposedly the loot box thing for the ending just lets you skip a shitload of grinding you would have to do for the 'true' ending, i guess we'll find out soon

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A real gamer would be posting real pictures of the totinos products from their freezer smfh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

actually wormskull this game has no respect for the tolkein legendarium iirc i read a plot synopsis and it seems to conflate events that happened at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd age into a single like decade when in tolkein's source material all these events are separated by a span of thousands of years. a true travesty aside from the loot crates

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

actually wormskull this game has no respect for the tolkein legendarium iirc i read a plot synopsis and it seems to conflate events that happened at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd age into a single like decade when in tolkein's source material all these events are separated by a span of thousands of years. a true travesty aside from the loot crates

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Monolith dev: .... and above all else, take your time, people! We're going to have a lot of time to work on this game, so we have to be sure we get it all right. Don't rush yourselves! You know that old saying, 'Minas Tirith wasn't built in a day'! Haha!

WB exec: [clears throat] Yeah about that,

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i did some more digging and supposedly the loot box thing for the ending just lets you skip a shitload of grinding you would have to do for the 'true' ending, i guess we'll find out soon

:sweatdrop:
looks like I'll be buying more pizza rolls

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I heard the orcs you recruit (even the ones you buy) can be killed even if you are offline can someone confirm

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was gonna buy this on steam for funsies just to see if it was worth playing later but im afraid i wont get a refund

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

also why the fuckl is it 110 gb wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres something weird happening on steam too where every single review is Negative but it says 90% Very Positive at the store page.

• Locked thread