Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

also why the fuckl is it 110 gb wtf

its 70 gigs, if you have a 4K compatible set up you can download another 50 gigs of textures to run it at higher resolutions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Theres something weird happening on steam too where every single review is Negative but it says 90% Very Positive at the store page.

its almost like........................................

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

wow you werent kidding, i scrolled for about five minutes and roughly every 1 in 25 -30 reviews is positive. This is pretty blatant

edit just read a review that says if you dont agree to the ToS for the 'multiplayer' stuff it automatically disables all loot boxes/micros/'multiplayer' online stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Theres something weird happening on steam too where every single review is Negative but it says 90% Very Positive at the store page.

IIRC the Dear Esther (?) developer said or did some dumb drama on twitter semi-recently and it caused people to hit the game's store page with negative reviews, so Valve changed it so that if a game gets hit with a certain ratio of negative:positive reviews at one time, the negative ones don't count, to prevent 'spamming'. PC Master Race baby!!!!!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

wh... what

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

what is even the point of having a review system like that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I was gonna buy this on steam for funsies just to see if it was worth playing later but im afraid i wont get a refund

you can return anything on steam as long as its in within 2 weeks or purchase and less than 2 hours play time. god bless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what is even the point of having a review system like that

Steam sucks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

steam reviews are 99% garbage much like gbs...but that 1% goodness is pure epic rikc and morty wubba dubba lub lub sezchwin sauce

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

so what youre saying is if a game has a bunch of positive reviews from pre-release or websites or whatever on steam and then gets a ton of negative ones after its released to the general public, steam will just ignore all of the negative ones????

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

IIRC the Dear Esther (?) developer said or did some dumb drama on twitter semi-recently and it caused people to hit the game's store page with negative reviews, so Valve changed it so that if a game gets hit with a certain ratio of negative:positive reviews at one time, the negative ones don't count, to prevent 'spamming'. PC Master Race baby!!!!!

Fire watch dev said pewdipie shouldn't say the n-word on stream and dcmad his vids so people poo poo up the fire watch reviews

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

so what youre saying is if a game has a bunch of positive reviews from pre-release or websites or whatever on steam and then gets a ton of negative ones after its released to the general public, steam will just ignore all of the negative ones????

if you received your copy for free either as a code or a gift your review wont count anyway. so i guess the only thing it can rgeister as is slightly positive to positive, bringing it in line with the general reviewing scale. the reviews are never really worth it though unless a game has like 15% and people are like Hey the port is broken.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

has anyone played this yet

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i was gonna watch some streams but instead im watching lobos play evil within 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's some sort of time-based algorithm. It's all about how many there are, proportionally, at a certain span of time from each other. I don't know the specifics, but I DO know that Valve put more work into programming it than they have into a game in half a decade lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

also lunatics on Steam will buy a game to leave a negative review and refund it without playing it so basically never look at the Steam reviews because its always biased one way or the other

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think its cool that a game dev pissed some peoplw off so bad they decide the best way to get revenge is to say their good product is bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i think its cool that a game dev pissed some peoplw off so bad they decide the best way to get revenge is to say their good product is bad

Firewatch had a decent start and a cool second act, but the last 30 minutes or so killed my interest in it forever

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

What happened to frank

I'm pretty sure he's the only Imp to get banned during Lowtax's latest attempt to ruin the forums and not rereg now that Bob's back. He's in the great open-world sandbox in the sky now...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's also poo poo like the entire nation of China barraging your game with lovely reviews if it doesn't come with Chinese language option lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

also lunatics on Steam will buy a game to leave a negative review and refund it without playing it so basically never look at the Steam reviews because its always biased one way or the other

I think they remove those reviews as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In any event im.not sure why youd need a review to tell u this lpot crate qte batman combat game with 10 million skill trees is awesome...becauas its obvious!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

In any event im.not sure why youd need a review to tell u this lpot crate qte batman combat game with 10 million skill trees is awesome...becauas its obvious!

watching lumpy play and AI allies would randomly join fights, completely stripping away the feeling of being an assassin with ghost powers, its so epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im glad lumpy posts here so someone can pre order every aaa western game and let us know its bad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

watching lumpy play and AI allies would randomly join fights, completely stripping away the feeling of being an assassin with ghost powers, its so epic

i watched balding but famous streamer dansgaming give shoutouts to totinos during his shadow of war sponsored by totinos stream

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

actually wormskull this game has no respect for the tolkein legendarium iirc i read a plot synopsis and it seems to conflate events that happened at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd age into a single like decade when in tolkein's source material all these events are separated by a span of thousands of years. a true travesty aside from the loot crates

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i watched balding but famous streamer dansgaming give shoutouts to totinos during his shadow of war sponsored by totinos stream

He's not doing month of horror games marathon this year? hosed up... Loved seeing Phantasmagoria 2 and the game about Hell in Michigan or whatever, [in my head, the DemoniusX voice is exasperatedly saying "Michiganders" repeatedly, I can't help it, my brain is poisoned by the Lord of the Darkblade himself, but more than that, every time I see or think about Michigan, that's what I think about. Good luck to you all.]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Michigan: Report From Hell

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Michigan: Report From Hell

i realized after watching you play that that its set in chicago idk why its called michigan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chicago is on Lake Michigan

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

:staredog:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

hosed up

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

"It's not a Lake Michigan... it's an Ocean Michigan." - protag at the end of that game, probably

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I came across a mute orc that had his own little hype man that talked for him. I really like stuff like that, and I wish there was more of that aspect and less of listening to my ghost partner drone on and on about this ring I've already heard about nine thousand times.

I wish they'd ditched the LOTR universe entirely and went full blown comical evil high fantasy, and basically made Overlord III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I cut my nemesis carried over from the first game in half and he came back with the epithet "the machine," talking about being put back together better than before and how the synthesis of flesh and metal will beat me. then he beat my rear end with an exploding cursed quickfire crossbow

• Locked thread