Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Got 100% and platinum. Didn’t buy any loot boxes, nor did I have any incentive to. If anything, the free ones they gave for doing online modes did nothing but detract from the game- The orcs you actually interact with in the game world and force into your army are all way more memorable and cool than just getting some random guy out of a crate and putting him out on the board. I can’t imagine anyone is buying any with real cash, seeing as how the game throws high quality stuff at you all the time, to the point where you can lose 4-5 legendary guys in an online siege and it hardly even matters... this whole fiasco has probably done nothing except draw negative attention to what would be a pretty well-received game otherwise. GG WB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Got 100% and platinum. Didn’t buy any loot boxes, nor did I have any incentive to. If anything, the free ones they gave for doing online modes did nothing but detract from the game- The orcs you actually interact with in the game world and force into your army are all way more memorable and cool than just getting some random guy out of a crate and putting him out on the board. I can’t imagine anyone is buying any with real cash, seeing as how the game throws high quality stuff at you all the time, to the point where you can lose 4-5 legendary guys in an online siege and it hardly even matters... this whole fiasco has probably done nothing except draw negative attention to what would be a pretty well-received game otherwise. GG WB

Awesome to hear it was way overblown. I’ll probably pick this up down the road

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

Awesome to hear it was way overblown. I’ll probably pick this up down the road

Same

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

Now I know what you're thinking. "Is there a button I can press to make everything monochrome, but it will highlight important things through walls?" Yes there is. If this makes you ask "then why didn't they just make poo poo easier to see if it's so important," then guess what: Sauron asked the exact same thing, because power corrupts. Click HERE to read a 15,000 word article exploring the idea of a game having a theme.

In Training posted:

You can increase your runspeed by scrolling the mouse wheel up and they just speed up the animation cycles so it looks like you opened the ini file in oblivion and just wrote a large funny number in for run speed but it's a game feature

belated EQ

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not even celbrimbor dropping n-bombs with earendil from the sky boat thing that houses the silmaril can save this tedious open world arkham asylum qte combat ui disaster loot crap piece of crAP

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

not even celbrimbor dropping n-bombs with earendil from the sky boat thing that houses the silmaril can save this tedious open world arkham asylum qte combat ui disaster loot crap piece of crAP

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gandalf: Sauron has returned. His orcs have multiplied. His fortress at the Laugh Factory is rebuilt in the land of Mordor.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

white ppl

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Spec Ops and BioShock Infinite, alongside the Deus Ex and Dishonored franchises, are games about ideas. Successful or not, these are games that are clearly trying to do similar work as the greatest novels and films; they want to present something difficult and thorny and use the particular abilities (or in more academic terms, affordances) of the video game medium to explore those ideas. this part is worse than the big pink text

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Jfc

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Spec Ops and BioShock Infinite, alongside the Deus Ex and Dishonored franchises, are games about ideas. Successful or not, these are games that are clearly trying to do similar work as the greatest novels and films; they want to present something difficult and thorny and use the particular abilities (or in more academic terms, affordances) of the video game medium to explore those ideas. this part is worse than the big pink text

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

christ

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the abilites or as mensa card carries call it affordances of spec ops the line allow the player to test their might at writing stupid worthless garbage about pieces of poo poo. in academic terms, this is called a metaphor, because spec ops the line is not actually a piece of dookie from a butt in real life.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

The gently caress is up with the doing coke in 80s Miami coloration on those sad words? It's like a sequel to Drive where the driver starts talking & won't shut up about how everything is problematic.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

The gently caress is up with the doing coke in 80s Miami coloration on those sad words? It's like a sequel to Drive where the driver starts talking & won't shut up about how everything is problematic.

jesus christ i thought the quote from lyle was bad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Frankie just R2 snuck stealth killed those mfs with a elf blade thru the fuckin neck.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

jesus christ i thought the quote from lyle was bad

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Frankie just R2 snuck stealth killed those mfs with a elf blade thru the fuckin neck.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Enough! Gamer Gate must kill these people ASAP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the abilites or as mensa card carries call it affordances of spec ops the line allow the player to test their might at writing stupid worthless garbage about pieces of poo poo. in academic terms, this is called a metaphor, because spec ops the line is not actually a piece of dookie from a butt in real life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

He looks like the guy from mr show lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao at this page

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Dammit, I got owned in the Shadow of War thread >: (

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Tom Bombadil owns, and it's a disgrace he wasn't in the movies imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Syncopated posted:

Tom Bombadil owns, and it's a disgrace he wasn't in the movies imo

gently caress off retard

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Out of curiosity I watched like 25 minutes of cutscenes from this game and not only does it all seem to take place in the same grey canyon but the ending is one of the most absurdly dumb things I've ever seen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
these games take place at a mudding event

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I skipped most of the main story cutscenes. If they’re going to abandon the LOTR canon why even bother having it be LOTR

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I thought it was funny in the end that all the Witch-King does to turn you evil is walk up behind you one day like “hey man what’s up?” and you immediately join him

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Update: I ran into a Warchief last night called so-and-so the Bore and his intro speech was a couple minutes of him drawling on in monotone about Mordor politics. He pissed me off so I decided to mess him up by shaming him (which demoted him to captain and brought him from level 36 to 31) and then I spent the next several minutes running around the region shaming him over and over again (he also became dumber while I did this, he went from talking eloquently to being like “ok boys... we’re going to attack.... ohhh nooo why can’t I remember” and “my mind isn’t as uh good like it used to be, what did you do to meeee...” until eventually I shamed him a fourth time, so he became so-and-so the Deranged and couldnt talk anymore, just scream) I was really curious what would happen when I took him all the way down to level 1, but unfortunately when he was level 6 a friendly archer (not even an elite archer, just a normal one) one hit killed him. I bullied an orc so hard he turned retarded and then he went out like a bitch

I had a captain I recruited who betrayed me after I killed his blood brother so I tried to do this to him but after shaming him twice the next time I found him he had a little army with him and he had pounded a bunch of nails into his skull and pierced bones through his flesh and painted his body with hands to match the one that the shaming burnt into his face. He was calling himself “the Unashamed,” screamed at me about how he took his branding as a mark of pride instead of disgrace, and then beat my rear end immediately because he was suddenly over twice the level that he was when I recruited him.

Hell of a surprise.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I had a captain I recruited who betrayed me after I killed his blood brother so I tried to do this to him but after shaming him twice the next time I found him he had a little army with him and he had pounded a bunch of nails into his skull and pierced bones through his flesh and painted his body with hands to match the one that the shaming burnt into his face. He was calling himself “the Unashamed,” screamed at me about how he took his branding as a mark of pride instead of disgrace, and then beat my rear end immediately because he was suddenly over twice the level that he was when I recruited him.

Hell of a surprise.

stories like this are awesome, but every other aspect of the game seems repellent to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

stories like this are awesome, but every other aspect of the game seems repellent to me

Mgs5 but is uses the nemesis system for all of the bases and outposts in open world mode to create insane metal gear villains

• Locked thread