Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The latest episode of Free to a Good Home, 183, was absolutely wild. Even if it's normally not your thing, skip to 1:00:45 for a great Dragon Friends related story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you want a preview of how things might go, they did do an 8-hour tomb of annihilation stream, and things got a little loopy well before the end (in a way that I found fun as a viewer though, so I'm hoping it breaks favorably again)

e: a fan made a highlight reel of that

That reel has got me hyped for next season

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Professor Wayne posted:

The latest episode of Free to a Good Home, 183, was absolutely wild. Even if it's normally not your thing, skip to 1:00:45 for a great Dragon Friends related story.

I just listened to this episode, and poor Hing. For once he is a victim not of his own making, and it sounds like he salvaged the situation as best he could

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Professor Wayne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kENcUYPFDL0

also that was a very good ftagh episode, I think hum and tom might have even itchier energy than tom and demi. and even though demi was not there, i think i learned more about her than might be my business

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 29, 2023

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I hope they end up letting him keep the poster.

Imagine coming off of a pretty decent run of hosting a panel gameshow, and still being a pretty significant radio personality, and getting yourself pared down to that clip.

Ainsley McTree posted:

also that was a very good ftagh episode, I think hum and tom might have even itchier energy than tom and demi. and even though demi was not there, i think i learned more about her than might be my business

If you haven't already, you should listen to the BST episode with Hum and Naomi Higgins as guests. It's honestly one of my favorites.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 29, 2023

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Naomi Higgins is very funny, her twitch channel when it was active was a quality sub.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I tried listening to BST early on and did not like it at all, but I should try it again. I like Tom's streams, maybe now that they're older I'll vibe with their energy a little more. And very few podcasts hit their stride right out of the gate, it's probably not fair to just judge it off the first few episodes. If PFT plugged it in december 2022, that's a good enough reason for me to give it another go I reckon

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
BST is generally funny imo but there are some episodes where I just have to turn it off haha. I subbed to their Patreon for a bit and some of the Patreon only eps were pretty dire. That being said, I dig it for the most part.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ainsley McTree posted:

I tried listening to BST early on and did not like it at all, but I should try it again. I like Tom's streams, maybe now that they're older I'll vibe with their energy a little more. And very few podcasts hit their stride right out of the gate, it's probably not fair to just judge it off the first few episodes. If PFT plugged it in december 2022, that's a good enough reason for me to give it another go I reckon

In the last couple years they've been trying to be less gross, and they've mostly done a good job of it. And PFT didn't just shout it out, but guested on it. If you didn't like any aspect of it, I don't know that you'll like it now, but a good place to start is one with a guest. There's a live show with Dungeon Dave and Alex Lee that's pretty fun as well.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
BST is great. It’s got all the news and views you can use on topics ranging from dudes that self suck to heads that got stuck.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

https://play.acast.com/s/bigsofttitty/ep143-noneofthemsoundbritishft.michaelhing

Start with episode 143 and go forwards to listen to Tom and Demi become happier and eventually engaged.
Or you could go backwards to hear them get grosser, more depressed, off medication and enjoy(?) some of the roughest stories from both their childhoods.

Either way, almost all of the guest episodes are gold, the Boonta Vista Notes Heist introduced me to another good australian podcast.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Paranoia is the absolute best choice for the Dragon Friends’s play style, I’m so stoked for the next few months.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Great first episode for sure.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I was impressed with episode 0 and 1 and the madness hasn’t even claimed them yet. Looking forward to seeing where it goes

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

This entire season is just going to be Dave's revenge.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??

Lumbermouth posted:

Paranoia is the absolute best choice for the Dragon Friends’s play style, I’m so stoked for the next few months.

How does it work?

From context, it seems like they have skills and weakness' that add/remove a certain number of dice to/from a pool? And then when they roll those dice they have to get over a certain number to succeed? There was also something about a red computer dice there as well

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

How does it work?

From context, it seems like they have skills and weakness' that add/remove a certain number of dice to/from a pool? And then when they roll those dice they have to get over a certain number to succeed? There was also something about a red computer dice there as well

I think they’re playing the new Paranoia Perfect Edition, which is out to Kickstarter backers but not the public yet. Paranoia’s had like three or four different core resolution mechanics over its like 40 year history.

Thankfully one of the general tenets of Paranoia is that the player characters shouldn’t have a lot of knowledge of the mechanics, which shouldn’t be a problem for the Draggoes!

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Firstscion posted:

This entire season is just going to be Dave's revenge.

Exactly what I was thinking. Dave is getting to trick and troll them so much here, it feels long overdue.

This is making me want to play Paranoia, it's been great so far.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I picked up DF again after a long time away, I'm working my way through the last season.

Dave's anger at Hing accusing him of not paying attention to the adventure was so pure, I missed this.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The patreon has started uploading S9 dragon friends episodes now, seemingly waaay in advance of the podcast release. Verdict after the first hour..........its good

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The Patreon has more than three episodes of Ok Computer?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
OK Computer is separate thing (and very good), I'm talking Freezo's Back Baby

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah they put up an unedited video of the first (quarterly?) live show for season 9 on the patreon. The description says it will come out in podcast form in the second half of the year, so it's a very early first look for patrons I suppose. I'll take it!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tom is doing incredible things on twitch if you aren't following

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

If anyone else is like me and hadn't noticed: Season 9 started up a few days ago.
In front of an audience, really glad they ended up doing OK Computer as the 'do it all in 1-2 days as Dave slowly goes insane', can't recally if they originally were planning to do season 9 then.

Alex really nails it, as usual.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SubNat posted:

If anyone else is like me and hadn't noticed: Season 9 started up a few days ago.
In front of an audience, really glad they ended up doing OK Computer as the 'do it all in 1-2 days as Dave slowly goes insane', can't recally if they originally were planning to do season 9 then.

Alex really nails it, as usual.

This was always the plan, iirc; OK computer was gonna be its own mad thing, then they were going to do quarterly live shows instead of monthly ones that they'd spread out as biweekly releases to keep the normal podcast cadence (i think patreon subscribers can watch the whole season now on unedited video if they want).

Honestly considering that Ben just had a second kid and Dave & Shak just had a baby too, and Edan's in America, I'm impressed they pulled it all off, I would have simply taken a hiatus

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Tom is doing incredible things on twitch if you aren't following

So here's the edited version of Tom's ego death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oYy2IMy-UY

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

One day Hing is going to successfully bribe, deceive, blackmail or force someone into eating that pork bun and it’ll be amazing and/or end the show.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The ending to this most recent BigSoftTitty.png had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to die.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Latest FTAGH is a series of surprising revelations

The new dragon friends season is also very good, it just hasn’t revealed that any cast members are literal aristocrats yet

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

New Season is great, the payoffs for the spell book and deck of many things have been great fun.

I really enjoyed the Paranoia season.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Listened to the newest FTAGH. It doesn’t feel like a bit when Tom Walker seems uncomfortable with Hing’s unending stabs at, I guess, making Tom’s life materially worse (for comedy??). I don’t love it!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I haven't had time to listen to the newest FTAGH yet but from my impression through the podcast that they're super close friends in general, it doesn't bother me that much. Also I have perused Tom's stream and his twitter before and I do not know if anything someone could do to make his life worse could match his own efforts. His attempting to eat a whole watermelon (rind included) was surely a cry for help.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
If you've listened to any episode of BST, it should be obvious that Tom just likes being bullied by stupid little gremlins.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the bit with hum declaring that she owns many groves and is entitled to many more and is feudal aristocracy and everyone goes "oh, of course, that explains so much" made me laugh very hard

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

the bit with hum declaring that she owns many groves and is entitled to many more and is feudal aristocracy and everyone goes "oh, of course, that explains so much" made me laugh very hard

Yeah I feel like i understand her a lot more now lol

I cannot tell how much of the toxicity in hing and tom’s relationship is a bit (most, i would guess, since they still seem to like spending time together) but the “I don’t like it when strangers try to talk to me about self suck” part seemed real enough, something to keep in mind if you watch his streams or hang out in the discord

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
When the end result of years of defamation might be a mock trial where they bring in actual judges and lawyers (not just wife lawyers!) for a comedy show, I think the bit reveals itself. Also Tom calls Hing his best friend all the time. I reckon some of the frustration is that segments of Tom's twitch and discord chats can be very boringly mean.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 25, 2023

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Like, Tom just gave Hing’s best man speech, I’m pretty sure they’re good. Plus, when you base your entire public comedic rapport on verbally bullying one another mercilessly, you have to expect blowback at some point

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i think there was some honesty in trying to explain "my speech was not trying to be mean so please do not write yours purposefully trying to be meaner than mine" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

i think there was some honesty in trying to explain "my speech was not trying to be mean so please do not write yours purposefully trying to be meaner than mine" lol

Hing seems like he can be uncannily vicious when he puts effort into pranking a friend, so I would also feel compelled to give him this warning if I were in Tom's shoes