Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

this feels like the right thread to ask: Does anyone know which bst episode has the segment where they read Mario smut

i believe you are referring to recurring segment Suck Off Mario 69 lol

pretty sure they did it in the live episode with dave/alex but i forget which other ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I want to say an episode with Alexei Toliopoulis, because they maybe talked about him helping name it?

I also wish I could track down every time Demi tried to recount Baby Shoes Never Worn.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Free shoes, baby dead

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Roach Warehouse posted:

I want to say an episode with Alexei Toliopoulis, because they maybe talked about him helping name it?

I also wish I could track down every time Demi tried to recount Baby Shoes Never Worn.

oh yeah i bet it's the live one with alexei. i remember it was one of the messy live ones but they're all messy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
There's definitely one in the live show with Dave and Alex, because they take a few minutes to make fun of Dave when he asks Demi to repeat a title. The also played one with Among Us stories with Naomi and Hum. I feel like the first one was a regular one with just Tom, maybe a few episodes before the Dave and Alex live show. Alexei wouldn't have played it because he wrote the name of the game and I think 2 of the titles Demi used in the first one. I've been relistening lately, I wish I had made note of it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Farg posted:

this feels like the right thread to ask: Does anyone know which bst episode has the segment where they read Mario smut
32:10 in episode 101 - king boo's tongue tornado for the very first Suck off mario 69.

Episode 121 - Live at the Vanguard has the live one with Dave and Alex

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I think gribbits is getting a bit loose for me, I’m sure it’s funny in the room but not to listen too.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I think gribbits is getting a bit loose for me, I’m sure it’s funny in the room but not to listen too.

IDK I feel like the zoo trip was the funniest thing they did for at least this year

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Yeah the zoo one was good because of the Demi lucid dreaming energy. I think I just prefer the slightly more structured material like beef babes or the regular show vs 90 minutes of loose improv, I know it will be different for other listeners though.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’m basically here for any sesh that involves vinegar and trenessa sniping at each other about their relationship

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I feel like they're still struggling a little bit to figure out what GDA really is; the format switch for s2 is a step in the right direction i think but I still mostly tune into it as a weekly "the dragon friends gently caress around on twitch and maybe roll some dice sometimes" stream. I agree that it is very loose, but I do like it for what it is and look forward to it every week anyway.

And yeah Demi's adventure was incredible. Giving her command of 200 NPC orphans was a risk, and it paid off wonderfully

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah I've been thoroughly enjoying GDA but that's because I enjoy the sitting around the table chatting part of it, it's definitely not coherent D&D. It's definitely more coherent than the previous format where every single episode the characters would have to meet up and decide to take whatever plot hook before they could start actually playing the adventure, but it's still taking some time to settle in.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm getting draggo withdrawal symptoms! Like listening to less funny podcasts.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Psychedelicatessen posted:

32:10 in episode 101 - king boo's tongue tornado for the very first Suck off mario 69.

Episode 121 - Live at the Vanguard has the live one with Dave and Alex

Not all heroes wear capes. Namaste

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
completely random question but a few eps of Free To A Good Home a bit ago the guest mentioned some I assume Australian home building show with a passive aggressive host that spans years as the project goes, including a period that included the great recession happing in the middle of a season. I simply must know where to watch this because I remember it sounded fun but completely blanking on the name.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

sexpig by night posted:

completely random question but a few eps of Free To A Good Home a bit ago the guest mentioned some I assume Australian home building show with a passive aggressive host that spans years as the project goes, including a period that included the great recession happing in the middle of a season. I simply must know where to watch this because I remember it sounded fun but completely blanking on the name.

Grand Designs?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah that's definitely Grand Designs. British show but there's an Australian version too that I've never watched.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea that sounds right! Thanks. Now to find where I can watch it as an American because I want to see a judgmental host tell someone they've sunk their entire wealth into an ugly house badly.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
The good thing is some of the places turn out alright so it’s actually suspenseful too. The ones that are poor designs poorly executed with poor budgeting are great fun though.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
This is tangential content at best, but someone linked me a very good abridged video of Tom playing CK3 as a horrible little horny goblin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Oz0PHC1z8

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

This is tangential content at best, but someone linked me a very good abridged video of Tom playing CK3 as a horrible little horny goblin.

The compilations on YouTube are all very good. He's got this fun relationship with his audience where they can basically pay to bully him in-game, but also they'll just regular-old bully him by sending him clips of his own stream.
https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1481883567043248128

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

This is goofy and all, but it's actually a perfectly valid way to play CK3 imo

SpacePig posted:

The compilations on YouTube are all very good. He's got this fun relationship with his audience where they can basically pay to bully him in-game, but also they'll just regular-old bully him by sending him clips of his own stream.
https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1481883567043248128

I kind of miss the early days of his stream with the chaos of the unrestricted noise alerts (rip lubemobile) but I imagine that was very bad for his mental health so I get why he pivoted away from it

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 16, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tom's stream is much worse now that there aren't left-speaker-only and right-speaker-only versions of a drm-free birthday song playing out of sync the entire time

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

sexpig by night posted:

yea that sounds right! Thanks. Now to find where I can watch it as an American because I want to see a judgmental host tell someone they've sunk their entire wealth into an ugly house badly.

definitely watch the uk version (which i assume is the one they were talking about) – kevin mccloud makes it

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hing and Tom Walker doing FTAGH without Ben is a real strange energy. It's incredible listening to Hing being completely in charge of the conversation while Tom tries to keep up.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
On a recent episode, Tom mentions off hand that Hing is his best friend, and that really puts into perspective how brutal his existence must be

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Very powerful Gribbits today. Surprisingly few tangents, possibly even less than 50% of the stream.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That's a pleasant surprise, didn't know that was coming back today!

e: i cant believe they still let hing and ben sit next to each other

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 26, 2022

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Insurrectionist posted:

Very powerful Gribbits today. Surprisingly few tangents, possibly even less than 50% of the stream.

Looking forward to the call and response to quiet down before the intro becoming a thing at live shows

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

New Ben-less Tom-full FTAGH. It’s really amazing how any time I think Hing is being too mean, he will immediately follow it up with an insane self-dunk.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tom and guy: talking about dumb nerdy poo poo they were into as kids like warhammer and magic
hing: for several years i maintained multiple websites photoshopping school officials as nazis and making false accusations about their sexual proclivities

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumbermouth posted:

New Ben-less Tom-full FTAGH. It’s really amazing how any time I think Hing is being too mean, he will immediately follow it up with an insane self-dunk.

he has a genuine gift for going in absolutely savagely on someone and then very quickly knowing the perfect self own to make it clear he's not an egotistical dude. For all the jokes about him not knowing social stuff he does genuinely seem to understand 'if you're gonna dunk on others you need to also dunk on yourself or you're just an rear end in a top hat' and boy is that a rare social understanding in a lot of comedy circles!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Spent a recent snow day falling down the hole of Tom's YouTube channel and holy poo poo this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kOOfP6g6o

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

Spent a recent snow day falling down the hole of Tom's YouTube channel and holy poo poo this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ29r405Obc&t=3s

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

lets hang out posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kOOfP6g6o

I'm never awake for his streams, but I do like watching the YouTube uploads because it's still a nice half-hour or so of watching a man get bullied by his fans and then finding new ways to invite more bullying.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In case you're wondering how Tom's stream is going

https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1498637062316380162?s=20&t=Xr6VbhML5fUcyPxdAaHIHg

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

best thing about this is that Tom's stream is quite successful and has a pretty devoted community, there's no financial need to do this, it's just masochism

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

best thing about this is that Tom's stream is quite successful and has a pretty devoted community, there's no financial need to do this, it's just masochism

oh yeah, i hope it didn't sound like i was suggesting that he's struggling haha. if anything he's scaling back the opportunities to torture his mental health in exchange for money, i just appreciate the frontiers of weirdness he's exploring

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Last year he was briefly Homer, so this all seems normal to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Psychepath posted:

Last year he was briefly Homer, so this all seems normal to me.

same vibe