Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Berzerker posted:

I'm about 2/3 through season 2 and the audio quality remains bad but the show is funny

"Hello, folks. This week, Hing had some technical difficulties with his mic, we lost the first 10 minutes of audio, and you might hear some quality fluctuations as we had to re-enact a few scenes that were lost. But still, enjoy!"

I'm only about 1/3 through the 2nd season, and it's almost insane how often hey have mic problems, but it's funny enough that I don't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm halfway through season 2, and Hing being genuinely confused by the reveal at the end of episode 8. The whole thing was a lot of fun, but that ending loving killed me. I almost crashed my car multiple times that episode. What a good show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Alex being gone for a couple of episodes sucked for sure, but it was interesting that somebody else playing Philge remembered her barbarian rage, and Alex never has. It's very funny to me that somebody always has to ask her "Is Philge mad about anything?"

Also, just finally caught up over the weekend, and Demi Lardner was my favorite special guest in a long while, and I hope that wasn't the last we see of Austin.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also love how the dice refuse to allow him to land any of his fly kicks

He's landed one, I think. He fly kicked an unlocked door and hurt himself.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Fishes_Swim posted:

I enjoyed trying to identify which of them was the drunkest, as Hing suggested in the introduction. I originally thought it was Alex, but by the end I think it had to be Dave.

I haven't been able to listen to this episode yet, but it's shocking to me that somebody might be drunker than Alex.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Pollyanna posted:

Episode 2 and I already love Philge.

If you liked early TAZ, you're going to really like Dragon Friends, and Philge is absolutely the best character in this whole thing. She knows exactly how to make the decisions with the best wrongness to funniness ratio, and they occasionally work.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I honestly don't think Alex knows she has a weapon either. She forgets she has rage, she constantly improvises weapons for no real reason, and is somehow the best iteration of "wacky, unhelpful D&D character" basically by merit of Alex doing things that she thinks Philge actually thinks will be helpful. She has a really good idea of exactly what Philge is in this story, and isn't just doing random poo poo for the sake of randomness.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Freezo only has 19 CHA so that Hing can say whatever he wants and be more likely to get away with it. He gets punished constantly for lying to people, so he made it easier to lie, even if his lies aren't any better. Dave has also responded by making it harder for him to lie, though, so it all balances out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Yeah, stick with it. Freezo being a huge piece of poo poo completely pays off at the end of season 3.

I'm working my way through Tomb of Annihilation right now, and they've just managed to destroy 2 entire functioning societies in 2 sessions. It's very good.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Pastrymancy posted:

My favorite Dave thing is him yelling a series of rapid fire rhetorical questions at the end of the show

Rhetorical questions amounting to "Will they stop murdering people for maybe a few minutes and let me progress the story?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

inthesto posted:

Dave's greatest skill as a DM is knowing exactly when to take his hands off the wheel and let the players make unforced error after unforced error

Also, there's something magical about the fact that talent shows have come up three separate times in the show

In the Q&A for ToA, Dave said they weren't even supposed to do the talent show because it wasn't part of the campaign. But they just did it anyway. Because that's just how this show works.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

This makes me very nervous. Every NPC is just going to be a homicidal maniac from the get go.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
They start getting a bit more of an audience as the thing goes on, so that sort of helps, but Dave being visibly crushed by 3-5 idiots at any given time is still something you'll have to deal with.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Pastrymancy posted:

When you all were saying there was a S3 payoff for Hing doing whatever he wanted, did you mean when Freezo loses his ties to magic and then has to kill Hing at the end? Just finished and Jesus christ, lol

Do you maybe mean famously depraved and gross serial killer Michael Hing?

Yeah, it's absolutely amazing. Not that it's really changed much so far, but it's still very funny.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It's also fun that Edan Lacey looks exactly like I imagined him.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Rodyle posted:

they should really put ToA on the feed. I want to listen to it at work.

That's not really their choice, though. It's an official Wizards of the Coast thing, so I doubt it's leaving YouTube. It sucks, because I keep forgetting to catch back up on it, but I guess that's the consequence of getting paid.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Bobson Dugnutt and Raul Chamgerlain were in it for sure, and I think maybe 1 or 2 others.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
He's also pretty often doing things that he's not proficient in, so probably doesn't add much to his rolls. I'm pretty sure he only very recently started using his sword instead of trying to fly kick everything.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

bigsofttitty.png Challenge Mode: see how long you can go without googling what Demi Lardner looks like because they keep calling her an eight year old boy and a living goblin.

I already failed this because I looked her up after her first Dragon Friends appearance, because she was one of the funniest people I've ever heard. I should probably give that podcast a try.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

caligulamprey posted:

Cum Egg still haunts my dreams.

Not Operator posted:

Oh buddy.

You don't even know cum yet.

This is the most unsettling pair of posts I've ever read, I think.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I can't wait until we meet a religious group that we don't understand who they worship until we hear them in a chant of Fucka Sucka Ding Dong.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If it weren't for Alex, Edan would be my favorite one on the group. He really is the best.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I don't think I fully get bst, but I guess it can be entertaining. Someone in this thread said it might as well be called "Tom Walker and Demi Lardner are loving and Want You to Know About It", and that's basically rang true in the few episodes I've listened to. However, with Cum Egg, it occurred to me that I'd probably listen to a podcast that was just Tom reading the worst things he can find on the internet in the most serious voice he can while Demi just hoots and hollers in the background.

e: I guess that would just basically be Lou Reads with a little goblin laughing along.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ainsley McTree posted:

He has my favorite laugh in the podcast business (sorry Paul f Tompkins, you’ve been dethroned)

I guess I'm gonna have to check out this podcast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

Welcome to the world, Katy II and precious Bonathan.

Katy 3, I think. Katy 2 was her plane, wasn't it?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

inthesto posted:

Two grown men legitimately not knowing if chickens produce milk is the funniest loving thing in the world, though

Man, I've been kinda meaning to listen to this show, but boy howdy did this just completely sell me on it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
This one-off didn't do a whole lot for me, but the imagery of Edan sadly crawling into a trash bag full of prawns made everything worth it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I was worried about this for a minute when they first announced it, because some people treat Harry Potter with a weird reverence that I don't really understand. Luckily my fears were unfounded and this was a very good episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Psychepath posted:

Reverence for source material isnt something I'd often attribute to the dragon friends.

inthesto posted:

I 100% expected the Dragon Friends to treat Harry Potter with the respect that it deserves, and I was not disappointed.

I'm just often surprised by which people will unexpectedly treat Harry Potter in particular with weird reverence. I thought maybe Hing might've been one, but he knows about as little as I do so it doesn't matter.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I have to imagine that there's a pretty significant part of the Australian population that would be more enticed to vote for a genocidal warlock.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'm very excited for the new party member Crawford the drunk talking pelican and everything they stand to add to this new season. Very exciting development.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
There's no way to tell what exactly they'll waste time on, though. Dave's decent at baiting hooks, but they'll just dig for dumb poo poo. Then following up with the cabbage man almost certainly wasn't intended.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I can't believe they hand-waved away the death of the most important new character Crawford. I'm devastated.

I also like the Alex hasn't really lost a step in playing Philge, and Ben hasn't even remotely gained a step in playing NPCs at all. Very excited for this arc.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
That "Like who?" is loving perfect. Holy poo poo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

eke out posted:

Petting the bird then backing away respectfully is a powerful first move

This sounds very good

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alex was definitely trying to papoose an NPC and got completely shot down by the main rules guy of D&D

But this doesn't. I know it's an official WotC event or whatever, but just let her carry an NPC like a sweet baby.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Hey, I have a hard time keeping track of the difference between dumb stories about Ben Jenkins and dumb stories about Tom Walker. Which one was it that went to the expensive French clown college? I could've sworn Ben said something about it on FtaGH, but I'm re-listening through BST.PNG and Tom said something about going to school in France. Was it both of them? Am I crazy?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Mods please change my name to Pig Pog thank you.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Draggos have a new FB community page.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

inthesto posted:

Hing looks so different without facial hair.

https://twitter.com/hingers/status/1136780851197251584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ainsley McTree posted:

He apparently deleted this, which only makes me want to know what it was more

Oh, wow, didn't expect that. It was unanswered texts to his girlfriend about how he looked without his beard. The post itself said something like "I regret to inform Australia that I am now single.