Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Started listening recently and it's pretty great. Sadly I can't seem to make 3x15 download as anything but an empty file though for the past couple days. Same is happening with previous episodes that downloaded just fine before so I'm guessing some kinda hosting issues, especially since I randomly tried 3x17 and that works. I've just moved on to the Tomb of Annihilation twitch stuff instead. I do think the shorter campaigns maybe suits the crew a bit better though, but it's been fun to listen to adventures in futuristic fantasy nonsense unlike the first two seasons too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

SubNat posted:

https://thedragonfriends.com/episode/season-three-episode-fifteen/
It worked just fine for me right now, you might want to grab it just in case, though it would be very strange if just one specific episode was down for a while.

Downloading it also worked just fine.

Thanks for alerting me, it's downloading fine now!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Caught up to this over Christmas during long sessions of TW:Warhammer 2, excited to check out the new season. I feel like the setup is gonna work a lot nicer since it much more easily allows for mixing long-form campaign content and self-contained one-off (or two-off given the group's usual pacing I guess) adventures. I loved Beef Babes but it was a little unfortunate that it somehow felt even more like 'one epic quest' than Dragonfriends did, where going off and doing some random activity/quest didn't feel very natural.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I usually put on the draggo twitch VODs but the one from the second session a week and a half ago has a weird lag issue that makes it unwatchable. What are the equivalent podcast episodes, is it 3 and 4?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Finally caught up on Gribbits, I had forgotten how good a player Carlo is. Managed to bring humor while also moving the plot forward (admittedly said plot was...interesting, but that's on Edan). Despite their individual Chaos Energy it was interesting that Hing and Demi didn't really cause much trouble together. Maybe they go easy when it's not Dave in the DM chair.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

SubNat posted:

Yeah, Dave swings it so that you get mini-arcs when a similar crew is present a couple times in a row, but it'll be interesting to see where it's all going by the end of the year.
Still fun to watch as just a bunch of standalone things though.

Another GDA is up: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1011790228?filter=all&sort=time
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1389829768372121600

I feel like over the course of Dragon Friends and Related Campaigns, our heroes (?) have infiltrated, crashed, interrupted or patronized a suspicious number of suck'n'gently caress parties...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Gribbits Podcast Agency stream going well today

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The lack of Dragon Friends has been a trying time indeed but at least the solo streams and Cardy's youtube channel are tiding me over

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Daduzi posted:

I'm still marathoning through the back catalogue but just saw this and immediately thought of the Dragon Friends:

uncanny

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Latest episode of Gribbits is a banger

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I think gribbits is getting a bit loose for me, I’m sure it’s funny in the room but not to listen too.

IDK I feel like the zoo trip was the funniest thing they did for at least this year

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm getting draggo withdrawal symptoms! Like listening to less funny podcasts.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Very powerful Gribbits today. Surprisingly few tangents, possibly even less than 50% of the stream.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Psychepath posted:

If you enjoy friend of the show Tom Walker, he did his stream anniversary awards show, with fan voted nominations of different clips from his streams. It's also among the funniest and most ambitious things I've seen on Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_6g4DsT_r8

Pro click

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Fray posted:

Oh wow, there is video of the bread krampus song since it turns out they just started posting full episode videos on the Patreon!

How is the quality? I remember back when the live at the comedy store videos were public, both video and audio quality was lacking. I'll probably get on the Patreon if they're a bit better nowadays.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Catching up on the past couple months worth of podcasts and the draggos are in top form, just a shame Edan isn't there at the moment. Really been enjoying this season overall, the premise is just the right amount of absurd to let things flow kinda sorta naturally even with the usual bullshit everyone does to ruin Dave's plans, but still somehow manages to be fairly easy to grasp - at least the gist of things and the big picture. Grabbed the digital version of the cookbook too, looking forward to that coming out.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm pretty sure they use some kind of generic ad delivery service that matches your approximate IP location to serve ads for a local market. Half the ads I get are for my decidedly non-English-speaking country, the other half for some reason are Irish ads. Feel those really aren't getting their money's worth! I don't remember any crypto podcast or the like in last episode at least.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man it's gonna be interesting to see how a batch-recorded DF works out. It's a pity they can't have it live in front of an audience of course, but after the Covid years we know they can still knock it out of the park. On one hand, they might all actually be able to follow the story properly now. On the other, I hope they don't get burnt out for the back half of the recordings.

Still haven't gotten around to listening past 8x14, really looking forward to catching up. The Stormwreck Isle episodes were fun too but I crave OG Dragonfriends.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Great first episode for sure.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The patreon has started uploading S9 dragon friends episodes now, seemingly waaay in advance of the podcast release. Verdict after the first hour..........its good

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
OK Computer is separate thing (and very good), I'm talking Freezo's Back Baby

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I haven't had time to listen to the newest FTAGH yet but from my impression through the podcast that they're super close friends in general, it doesn't bother me that much. Also I have perused Tom's stream and his twitter before and I do not know if anything someone could do to make his life worse could match his own efforts. His attempting to eat a whole watermelon (rind included) was surely a cry for help.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
9.07 and 9.08 are up for patreons now. 7 was really great - and not even that chaotic for an episode lacking Dave!

Are these the final episodes for the year?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

not even slightly shocking by DF standards. call me when he sucks his own dick

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Listened to the first episode of the new series on Patreon and it was drat great. I love the live shows but having mostly subsisted on season 9 live episodes the past half a year it was great to have a new episode recorded in a casual setting again. Each one really brings its own flavor of unhinged.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
never been more hyped than cut-out Demi popping out like the world's slowest jumpscare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Strong start. Very interested in seeing where Alex is gonna take The Duck. Meanwhile Hing...yeah, that was definitely a character played by Michael Hing.

Looking forward to the inevitable derail away from any kind of planned plot, Tom and Edan surely cannot resist the clarion call of bullshit like Dave could.