Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
This episode was absolutely absurd. (and actually pretty tense in parts) I loved it.

If Dave had allowed this to continue, I have no doubt they would have had a total party wipe because of a bucket chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Stranger Things stream was fun. The players deciding that its more important to kill Hopper than the Demogorgon shouldn't be a surprise I guess. I suppose they're now just trapped forever in Indiana in 1985.

New characters look pretty good. Bushu is an inspired choice. Bethanee seems fun and somewhat worrying in the eyes. Kit seems extremely cuddly.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Season 5 has been extremely strong, some of my favorite DF shows, and I'm going to be sad to see it go. At least until S6.

And I'm never able to catch them live, but the twitch streams have been really fun too. I wish I remembered the episode but Freezo's rant at a demon who came to gloat at him was superb, and Bethanee's been great fun and really come along from where she started.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Profits from this Crawford pin are going to relief efforts for the bushfires.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

SubNat posted:

They did drop an interesting spoiler towards the end of the downtime stream, for Season 6:

Looks like Banknote will only be in the first 1-2 liveshows, before the return of Freezo.
I really wonder how that'll work out in regards to the adventures of the Beef Babes.
If we'll be following Freezo at 2 different points in his life at the same time, or if he'll end up leaving the BBs.
After all, the series feels like it's been shifting it's focus from Freezo to Bethanee.

That'd be a downer, I've really been enjoying the dynamic of Banknote being part of the main cast. Still Hing but just a different enough flavour of Hing to feel fresh.

Of course, I couldn't get mad if they phased him out in a funny and satisfying way, which they likely will. And if Freezo returns to DF, most likely scenario is Banknote joins the BB of course.

Unless Freezo murders him. We can never really count that out.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

SubNat posted:

I really wish the patreon allowed for an ad-free rss feed of the podcast. (I believe it was asked about on stream once, but Dave was unsure how it would be in regards to their network, if they provided an ad-free variant.)

e: Ooof I had almost forgotten Andrew Hansen in Waterdeep/pedocleric. Ooof.

Yeah, the new ad regime sucks, I really wish they would get on that, at least eliminate the middle ad so it's not interrupting them mid-sentence.

It's a couple of extra steps, but I've found that if you DL the mp3 from the website there are no ads.

EDIT: poo poo, I just tested and they must have changed that :(

geri_khan fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 26, 2020

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

eke out posted:

i assume the streaming studio they've set up is not in giant dwarf, right?

I think it's at Dave's house.

Real sorry to hear about the theatre, glad to hear that the show will be able to continue elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Firstscion posted:

This entire season is just going to be Dave's revenge.

Exactly what I was thinking. Dave is getting to trick and troll them so much here, it feels long overdue.

This is making me want to play Paranoia, it's been great so far.