Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

inthesto posted:

There's something hilarious about how the most competent player has by far the worst character build

You mean best, right? I will not hear a word against the superior Handsome Man class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Just posting to say the part with Droopy Dog Deep Gnomes had me dying

I'm very sad they don't have more of the weird little musical interludes like the gnomes singing the wake up song posted on youtube.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

The McElroy thread turned me onto this podcast and it's everything I want a D&D podcast to be (except for the audio quality but I guess that gets better?).

I'm nearly at the end of season 1, and I lost my poo poo at the part where the evil duke walks out, and the DM is like "and you're now looking at the face of the man at the root of all your misfortunes" and someone says "Freezo?"

Philge is heads and shoulders my favorite but they're all very good

The audio quality kind of just dicerolls every few episodes and Philge is always a treasure. Philge and Dilge calling Gribbits a "baby grib-grob" is still hilarious to me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Roach Warehouse posted:

I've been re-listening recently just for some noise to fall asleep to, and the reaction to (end of S2 spoiler) the return of Edvard Ostwick is one of the best moments in the whole show.

I won't lie, I was rooting for him. Such a fun character.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Not Operator posted:

Michael Hing is a pro-gamer and initially treats D&D like he's trying to win it. He tries to rules lawyer here and there, but its still pretty funny. You can actually pinpoint the exact session after he reads the players handbook if you pay attention.

I'm pretty sure you can pinpoint the exact session because he loudly shouts that he'd read the book. I'm very glad Hing is part of the crew because he's such a good balance to the rest of them. I love the times he'll make a lovely joke and the crowd's complete lack of a reaction is perfect.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Roach Warehouse posted:

Yeah it cuts both ways, he speaks/narrates with a particular inflection and rhythm that makes it easy to parody but its also super entertaining in its own right.

One thing I noticed, that they picked up on and mocked, was that he really does fixate on using specific words a lot from season to season. I started laughing at it too. Like ostentatious. Then one day I found myself just saying it in casual conversation and laughed my rear end off at myself while everyone looked at me weird because I don't think any of my friends even know what ostentatious even means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:stare: I can't believe it took me so long to realize.