Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

S4E1 landed. It’s great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Roach Warehouse posted:

Good ep. Some good Baston kicks.

I know the mechanics are usually glossed over but was surprised that it was mentioned he's an L2 Monk now.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Only tangentially related, but please take a look at Tom Walker's and Demi Lardner's hard R comedy podcast 'BigSoftTitty.png' that they plugged at the end of the last episode. It may be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Is Alex gone for good or just touring or something? I miss Philge.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Pastrymancy posted:

I'm mid S3 and It feels less interesting in Freezo never having any consequences for random murdering and poo poo. It gets kind of boring after a while, even if it's hilarious that he riles Dave up when he gets lucky on certain rolls

If it helps I think that's the nadir of the show and the payoff in s3 is worth it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Not Operator posted:

I'm only on episode one (of four) and I just want to confirm this is a fun D&D podcast.

And not just because the one guy starts singing Into The Woods to an uncaring audience.

It’s ok but distant to dragon friends and TAZ. The premise of the campaign is more interesting than Amnesty though.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

keanu reeves voice woah

Can someone fill in a clueless person as to what we're looking at, what the original context is, and what the context is to Dragon Friends?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Not Operator posted:

Woof, I'm gonna have to use earphones if I listen to bigsofttitty.png anywhere except my car, huh?

Yes. I always describe it as a hard R rating.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

He got so upset no one wanted to play the mini game he worked out. Also loved no one had any idea how large a wing was or how many they had.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

inthesto posted:

To be fair, it was really confusing. As a listener, I had no idea what was going on.

Maybe they were just too drunk... I was listening at 2x speed while commuting and was getting upset that they couldn't figure it out ;)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

LentThem posted:

trying to work my way through bigsofttitty.png and tom + demi's very healthy relationship; if you listen to it immediately after tom's Story Club episode it makes for a super interesting timeline for his mother.

She's having breakdowns over the complete chaos in his life and probably thinking to herself that maybe Tom can find a nice girl/boyfriend that can really ground him; provide some stability to balance him out

And then she's introduced to Demi

What’s the parody song they do in l episode one? I wish there was a wiki of all their poo poo because otherwise I feel the need to constantly relisten

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Listening I wanted to see if Dave still reads this thread and ask him a question. Now that it's over I've completely forgotten what it was, except maybe, "Were the guests in on the secret from the original performance?"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

inthesto posted:

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1084936598960001025

Will Hing be the first to die or the only survivor?

sexpig by night posted:

guy who started the end of the world

I vote for all 3.

Though since it's a 1 shot Dave can be quite brutal...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've also been listening to Not Another D&D Podcast and it's great too, but so wholesome compared to dragon friends in how the players are so supportive and enthusiastic about pursuing the adventure that the DM presents them each week

I had to stop for a second at 'so wholesome' when I recalled that the first episode starts with how they're not going to have a discussion about Dragon Pussies, and then proceeds to talk about Dragon Pussies for a good 3 minutes. That said I think NADPOD is my favorite Podcast currently though I am hearing a bunch about Dungeon Daddies in the past week.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So I assume Hing was unavailable and won’t be in next episode either?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

My elevator pitch for s1 of dragon friends is. “Imagine if you were listening to TAZ only Taako murders Barry BlueJeans in episode 1” I stand by that 5 years later.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Psychepath posted:

The man simply cannot be trusted with power.

https://twitter.com/lonelydandruff2/status/1202098800292179969

(Hing, Dave, Shak, Tom, and Demi are all at Disneyland and incredibly wholesome if you follow their instagrams)

If Tom and Demi talk Disneyland on bst.png I may have to go back to it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

shas posted:

trains are surprisingly horny

What there was a McElroy guest too? Oh wait no that would be elevators.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So now that I'm caught up on the main podcast, where can I go for the side streams and see them in their entirety? And in what order should I be listening to them?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

SubNat posted:

Yeah, and I got the feeling Beef Babes was supposed to be a 1-year arc thing, but then, in true Dragon Friends fashion, they spent more time getting sidetracked than ontracked.
During the finale he was pretty explicit in that Beef Babes was finished, but they might come back to it later. The next stream campaign is going to start at level 1.

It would be pretty rad if they managed to run with new campaigns yearly to keep it accessible, since that is still like 20-40 episodes worth, depending on how regularly they stream.
(I still wish they'd try out other systems for oneshots and mini-campaigns etc, but as it's been mentioned in the past, most of the players don't really understand or engage with the mechanics.
I think Dave, Jordan, and Edan are the only ones that could really handle suddenly working with a different system, barring stuff like 1-page RPGs without getting turned around. )

Has there been any mention of when the Show might be hitting? I imagine that's taking up a lot of time and resources.

I'm still catching up on their Patreon content, but that's too bad that they're starting at level 1. I'd love to see how badly the idiots would do with high level characters having zero understanding of what the game is.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Man I'm still on ToA S2, feel like I"m never going to catch up at this point.

I think I should reread the thread to catch all the beef babes / ToA chat that I ignored for not doing twitch / being patreon at the time

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I know half the Shtick is that they don't play D&D well but in binging the Patreon feed the number of times that Philage doesn't get half damage while in a rage or the fact that I don't think Alex knows what Lay on Hands is makes for difficult listening sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

exmarx posted:

watched naomi and hum's show on netflix, it's pretty good!

What’s it called?